ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r26 progress thread.

M135i
Re: r26 progress thread. (mods delete old thread)

Car is coming along nicely mate.

I really wouldn't bother with relocating the battery etc. unless you're planning on building a full blow track car. Whilst it looks pretty cool, in reality its a lot of effort for not very much gain.

Have you considered an R26R spoiler for it? Reckon that would finish it off nicely.

Oh, and any plans on taking it on track?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

Car is coming along nicely mate.

I really wouldn't bother with relocating the battery etc. unless you're planning on building a full blow track car. Whilst it looks pretty cool, in reality its a lot of effort for not very much gain.

Have you considered an R26R spoiler for it? Reckon that would finish it off nicely.

Oh, and any plans on taking it on track?

yeh im looking into an r26r spoiler at the moment, reason im putting battery in the boot is because i fitted a cold air feed but then put the battery back in and the battery is crushing the cold air feed pipe which is making it abit pointless and yeh i should be going on a few track days next year

lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
went to chester zoo today with the gf and took a picture of the r26 in the carpark. think it looks pretty good tbh.

38399_10150219006110293_582855292_1.jpg

M135i

yeh im looking into an r26r spoiler at the moment, reason im putting battery in the boot is because i fitted a cold air feed but then put the battery back in and the battery is crushing the cold air feed pipe which is making it abit pointless and yeh i should be going on a few track days next year

lynden

Ah right, that makes sense.

I dunno the situation with R26s, but for my Civic, it's possible to buy lightweight race-style batteries that are not only lighter than the standard units, but are also thinner. Might be worth looking into as a simple solution to your problem?

The Civic ones aren't cheap mind..... £200 odd I've seen them go for. Mind, thats typical rip-off JDM for ya. Might be a bit cheaper for a Renault one.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
yeh i want an odessey one, about 100 quid i think, gona look into it because moving it to the boot is a ball ache lol

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
right sorted my crushed air feed at the airbox end and thought i had sorted the intake hole but it kept coming loose and falling down and not getting enough air so i thought enough is enough and i toyed with the idea of cutting into the grill and putting the cone there (like alot of clios do) but because the bottom grill is 56 quid to replace from renault i decided to take the fog out and use that hole, after using about 20 cable ties to hold the tube behind the bumper tight and a jubilee clip to hold the pipe to the cone i finally got it sorted.

38538_10150227486850293_582855292_13889249_2068905_n.jpg

33512_10150227534760293_582855292_13891214_1505994_n.jpg

feels alot mroe responsive on the throttle and i dont think it looks that bad lol.
getting new tyres tomoro and then a backbox chop next week.

opinion please.

lynden

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
also reattached my splitter and yes i know the car needs cleaning. :cool:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
thanks mate, she is finally running right and not idling low and stuttering when stopping fast.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like caf's they make front end looks nice/hard with the fogs removed.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I like caf's they make front end looks nice/hard with the fogs removed.

yeh it looks alot 'meaner' if you know what i mean, was thinking about doing the badges orange but just gona keep them black and start saving for stage 2 and some coilovers

Black Clio GT
coming along nicely, but i knew you couldnt not touch it!!!
tbh the only things bugging me are the silver door handles and the other fog light needs to go too.

otherwise very nice :)

if you still want the battery going in the boot i can help you with it no problem......

Last edited:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
coming along nicely, but i knew you couldnt not touch it!!!
tbh the only things bugging me are the silver door handles and the other fog light needs to go too.

otherwise very nice :)

yeh my plan was to not modify with this and the clio but look at the clio after 4 weeks lol and ive only this 5 weeks and its already had loads done. i got itchy feet and got the modding bug!

yeh im planning on getting them sprayed soon and i want to take the other fog out but there is no need because i cant do another cold air feed or anything and you can see the blue water bottle and it will annoy me, i might tint it really dark black so you can hardly see it

182 Full of Fat
Looks nice.....as said the other foglight needs to go because it looks odd on it's own now.

edit : not refreshing page for ages....fail - tinting it would look better then

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
did a quick speedo video a few days ago, it was damp on the ground hence the traction control light coming on, was done off the lights going onto a dual carriageway .
dont start the whole 'lbrench is a cvnt for doing a speedo video' thing keep the abuse to the driving stories lol
will do one in the dry with a proper launch at a later date

Last edited by a moderator:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
cant believe how quick that is to 60. never realised they were as rapid as that. nice.

that's nothing, you should see it in the dry and on full power, i couldn't use full power because i was doing it 1 handed lol

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Hey, loving the car. Just out of interest and a bit of a random question but what's it like on the motorway and for commuting, like in traffic etc. Also i know its been mapped etc. but what's your mpg like (motorway and town) ? Sorry for the questions!

Cheers, Will

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
It's great, averages about 34mpg daily when not going quick, on the motorway it's comfy and quiet and if you stay under 75 (where boost kicks in) it will do 36mph, on the motorway it's comfy, quiet and just easy to drive, using it everyday is alot easier than the Clio 200 because you don't need to come on boost at all of you don't want to therefore saving you money. Much better day to day car than the 200 in my opinion. If you really boot it flat out though you get about 16 mpg lol I've seen as low as 9mpg but that's when driving fast in a straight line.

Lynden

340i
cruise control... 70mph... 6th gear... 2400rpm makes my 20mintue journey to work amazing!

with the heaps of torque you don't even need to drop down the gears to overtake, foot down for a few seconds and your touching 90mph, job done!

320d
This thread is making me really like R26's. They do so much so well. The only thing they're missing is a good sound track, if they sounded like a FRS they'd be 10 x better.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
This thread is making me really like R26's. They do so much so well. The only thing they're missing is a good sound track, if they sounded like a FRS they'd be 10 x better.

The noise will be there soon don't worry :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
cruise control... 70mph... 6th gear... 2400rpm makes my 20mintue journey to work amazing!

with the heaps of torque you don't even need to drop down the gears to overtake, foot down for a few seconds and your touching 90mph, job done!

Sounds just like the Mercedes A Class diesel I had on holiday last week. Exciting! :p

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Gray, is yours standard? What sort of mpg do you get. I am seriously considering one of these in the next few months. I planned on running a cheap diesel and keeping the cup but i with just be burning money. Im going to be doing about 60 miles a day commuting (all motorway) so wanna get reasonable mpg.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Mapped u will get better mpg when not booting it, I get about 4-5mpg better now it's been mapped, when booting it though it is less

dk

911 GTS Cab
i do a lot of motorway driving and never see over 30 mpg, i average about 23mpg and from your stories id say you drive faster than i do!

the trip computer isnt perfectly accurate btw.

It's great, averages about 34mpg daily when not going quick, on the motorway it's comfy and quiet and if you stay under 75 (where boost kicks in) it will do 36mph, on the motorway it's comfy, quiet and just easy to drive, using it everyday is alot easier than the Clio 200 because you don't need to come on boost at all of you don't want to therefore saving you money. Much better day to day car than the 200 in my opinion. If you really boot it flat out though you get about 16 mpg lol I've seen as low as 9mpg but that's when driving fast in a straight line.

Lynden