ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r26 progress thread.

Storm Grey 200
I like it, its a nice compromise between good (black) and gash (lairy colours). To give you, good gash?!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
:) thanks or the positive comments I was expecting alot of hate tbh lol and I'm gona do mirror caps next just need to get down to the scrap yard for some spare mirror caps lol oh and the small diamond on the wheels

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
in the next 3 months i will be purchasing some of these

3235402898_aff41d813f.jpg

and then slam it for shows on a set of these
06.jpg

will sit something like this
maybe lower
images

and i will run the r26 wheels for everyday use and track and wont have it decked everyday just for shows.

lynden

laguna coupe
love the engine cover im doing the same on my laguna coupe just dont know which way do do it black white slpashes or white blanck splashes

Nimbus Megane R26
Your mental you mate lol. Any jobs goin at your place they obveously pay you faaaaar too much hah :)

But its different, i like. Far too many people on forums seem to just follow eachother like sheep. Nice to see someone do something different..be keeping an eye on this one and may pinch a few ideas hah :)

Looks very different that Lynden, but I like it!

I don't like the wheels, but the V3s seem to being doing wonders for Naith, so that's a good plan!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
im not 100% certain on the BBS splits, depends how much i can get them for but if not BBS it will definatly have extreme dish ;)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
changed my mind, gona put these on instead because i can use these daily because they are strong and light

321123552_wLGVa-L.jpg

200 FF Storm Grey
Not a fan myself mate, looked boring with the all black and now just looks like a kids toy with the paint effect (nice idea but it's been done before).

I'd stay with that colour idea but smarten it up a bit and def don't get those alloys! Only ever look right on a rusting 20 year old golf

DB.

BMW 440i
As said before, looks ace!

Liking the suspension upgrade.

Could you get someone to photoshop those alloys on to make sure they suit? Awesome alloys, hope they look good on the Meg!

Megane 225 F1
Liking the engine cover. I remember when Ph-reebone did it....but his was a mistake he tried to claim as being on purpose ;)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
lol i havent seen that i will have a look later on and ive been sat in a garage waiting room today whilst my backbox was removed, sounds awesome, pops and bangs all the time.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
KW's? Good to see you're being original and not building a near identical version of another black meg.

Oh.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
KW's? Good to see you're being original and not building a near identical version of another black meg.

Oh.

makes me laugh this, so any black meg on v3s will be a copy of naiths.......right.

and identical? i have a full interior, mine is a r26 not a 225 i have differnt seats, differnt wheels, differnt exhaust. i dont have green badges, i dont have a roll cage.

how is it identical? please explain?

would go for h&r but v3s are better.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
oh my god 2 meganes that are black that both like to have good suspension and both like to go round a track, must be copying him.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
and i wanted LY but couldnt afford the colour tax that comes with them tbh

DB.

BMW 440i
and i wanted LY but couldnt afford the colour tax that comes with them tbh

Same with my 182! It was either 1 previous owner and £500 cheaper, or 5 previous owners, not full service history and the £500 colour tax with a naff exhaust system! Glad i went for the RB now though! :)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

stupid builders in the background and just for the lukz

videos of it under load soon when its stops raining.

lynden

Last edited by a moderator:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
video makes it sound tinny, its really belowy and rumbly, under load it sounds mint aswell

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
oh my god 2 meganes that are black that both like to have good suspension and both like to go round a track, must be copying him.

In all honesty, jokes and wind ups aside, have you ever done a track day?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
no i had a dabble at FCS but tbh just havent had the money to book on one. its hard affording 150-200+ quid for one day when im currently working part time. gona have an hour or 2 at trax and save some money over winter for the renault sport ones next year.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
would go for h&r but v3s are better.

But are they? It really depends on the usage imo. From memory when Naith's were being fitted, the damping isn't easy to adjust once they are on. Now if you're like Naith, plenty of track work etc you probably know what you want from them and can get them setup accordingly. But there are potentially hundreds of combo's with the 2 adjustments, so you could potentially be dicking around with them for ages.

If you have less experience, a fixed damping setup that just 'works' is better imo.

From an outside perspective you seem to be spending a lot on various bits with an eye on track work, without getting on track.

I'd rather get it on track (if that's genuinely the long term goal) and figure out what you're no happy with!

spoke my piece on megsport so i'll just keep it brief fella, in the vid the zorsts aren't level, its an easy if not fiddly fix, now just looks like a hanger has snapped now unfortunately.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeh they are being sorted tomoro, the left hangs lower because there is no backbox and the hanger sits on the backbox where as yours and other meganes have backboxes to have a hanger on. Will be sorting tomoro

the left hangs lower because there is no backbox and the hanger sits on the backbox where as yours and other meganes have backboxes to have a hanger on. Will be sorting tomoro

as ALWAYS when you tell me what i know, i know... lol

mattys was fine when he had boxes taken off at danmar..

320d
Hmm, i'm not sure about the removal of the back box. I don't mean to critisie, maybe its the video but around 30 seconds into the video when its idling it really sounds like a diesel.