ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r26 progress thread.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Won't look too bad because of the drop from the coilovers and yeh spacers are on the cards

spacers?! you looked into this i hope....?

it would have been nicer to see the things u say once you had 'actually' done them but hey its nice to look forward to the future and what we want to happen.

Black Clio GT
17"clio wheels are somthing like et53.

problem with decent width jap wheels is that they are 5x114.3 so would need adaptors and the highest offset they do, even then your prob gonna need to serious negative camber....

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
spacers?! you looked into this i hope....?

it would have been nicer to see the things u say once you had 'actually' done them but hey its nice to look forward to the future and what we want to happen.

But with ideas it gives me something to aim for and keep me going,
It's gona be mint once it's done :)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
IMO, put the laguna rims on it. Satin black or red, done.

Is the plan to actually track it next year or just another season of traffic light grand prix? ;)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
IMO, put the laguna rims on it. Satin black or red, done.

Is the plan to actually track it next year or just another season of traffic light grand prix? ;)
I'm definatly going to track it next year, just moved company so have abit more money now

what u work as lynden?

I work for 3 mobile part time at the moment but moving over to phones4u as full time assistant manager :)

Nimbus Megane R26
nice 1. No offence but 3 are fecking useless. Is it impossible to phone up and cancel a contract that has run its course?! GF had a 24month contract, phoned up to give 30day notice she would be leaving and some asian guy who could speak about 6 words of the queens kept trying to push new deals. ffs what part of "i want to leave" do they not understand?! Not a reflection on the people that work in the shop but 3's call centre in the south china seas is crud! lol. Bet your glad your leaving for a better job?!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
nice 1. No offence but 3 are fecking useless. Is it impossible to phone up and cancel a contract that has run its course?! GF had a 24month contract, phoned up to give 30day notice she would be leaving and some asian guy who could speak about 6 words of the queens kept trying to push new deals. ffs what part of "i want to leave" do they not understand?! Not a reflection on the people that work in the shop but 3's call centre in the south china seas is crud! lol. Bet your glad your leaving for a better job?!
If you Ring my store now I'm in work and can sort it for you mate, will get it cancelled tonight :) ring 0161 747 3945 and ask for lynden needs to be before 7 though tbh
Good man, should be an awesome package with the track tuition.

And yeh gona be a proper weapon and will be able to drive it properly aswell :)

Nimbus Megane R26
it should be cancelled now mate but if its not ill give you a ring one day when ur in. thanks for that though :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looking forward to this slowly coming together.

I still hate you, Having an R26 at 20 is good going! Im 20 on monday and still drive a 1.2, but i have 3 points and a claim to fight with :(

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Looking forward to this slowly coming together.

I still hate you, Having an R26 at 20 is good going! Im 20 on monday and still drive a 1.2, but i have 3 points and a claim to fight with :(

Lol I worked hard for it though, I remember working a full month with 1 day off when I used to be at phones4u!! Also used to drive a 1994 polo and have packed lunches so I could afford the 200, was the best feeling in the world buying it though

DB.

BMW 440i
Behave, the edition 30 is superb.

The megane is poorly built, a dreadful place to be, full of rattles, the position of the recaros is far from perfect, the plastics alround feel like an MG, the steering wheel poor, one of the worst gearboxes I have been unfortunate enough to drive. The ride is choppy... need I go on....

Granted as a B road toy is great, but its the other 90% of the time it is just not good enough.

Also I predict there current decline in value is going to continue for sometime.

Is it really this bad?

I want to upgrade my 182 to a Ph2 225 or possibly an R26 (Thats another debate), because i thought the Megane was a much nicer place to be than the Clio!

Talk to me Meg owners :)

shouldnt have too, its a great car... i'm biased, and what?

you like it? you know they can motor... do what you wanna do, not some boys opinion on a forum.

DB.

BMW 440i
Only thing is, I just want the car to feel like more of an upgrade! Going to have to arrange for a test drive asap i think!

Just wondering what owners think! Most people love the 182s, but they definately feel very cheap inside! :(

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
The megane is a much nicer place to be than the Clio tbh and I upgraded from a 200 to a megane and I still think the megane interior is leagues ahead of the 200 in build quality and just general niceness, the megane is a joy to drive on long motorway journeys and the Clio just felt very small in comparison, the megane is a very good upgrade from a Clio rs
in my opinion if your local (can't see because I'm on my phone) your more than welcome to come hae a drive of mine.

Lynden

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sorry, but that's shiney car syndrome from boost-child. The Meg is not in any way shape or form ahead of the 200 in terms of build etc. Very small? They are basically the same f**king size! (imo the 200 would be a better car were it smaller!).

You don't half spout son.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
shouldnt have too, its a great car... i'm biased, and what?

you like it? you know they can motor... do what you wanna do, not some boys opinion on a forum.

Sorry, but that's shiney car syndrome from boost-child. The Meg is not in any way shape or form ahead of the 200 in terms of build etc. Very small? They are basically the same f**king size! (imo the 200 would be a better car were it smaller!).

It's called an opinion, this is mine : the megane is much better than the Clio in nearly every way.

DB.

BMW 440i
The megane is a much nicer place to be than the Clio tbh and I upgraded from a 200 to a megane and I still think the megane interior is leagues ahead of the 200 in build quality and just general niceness, the megane is a joy to drive on long motorway journeys and the Clio just felt very small in comparison, the megane is a very good upgrade from a Clio rs
in my opinion if your local (can't see because I'm on my phone) your more than welcome to come hae a drive of mine.

Lynden

Cheers mate, all the way down in Birmingham though! :( Your reply is what i am looking for though!

How about compared to a 182 though? :)

Mini Cooper S
On here the lynden is taken the piss out of too often don't know why some of the people seem to have too high opinion of themselves.

Nimbus Megane R26
I made the 182 > R26 move just over a month ago and really havnt looked back. Missed the cheapness of the 182 ie tyres for around the £100 mark and cheap pads/disks and mpg was always around 36-38ish.

Got my R26 and it needed new tyres all around which i hadnt considered when buying it, but iv now got 4 new conti sport 3's and managed to get them them for £128 each (they are 235/40/18's compared to clio's 205/45/16). Was also due pads all round but i got these for free luckily. For disks/pads all round(OEM ones) plus fitting your looking at easily £500. My mpg is around 25-26 at the minute and thats driving like a grandad around town. Hardly any motorway miles so no doubt it would do 32-34mpg around 80mph..

The 182 is a nippy car dont get me wrong, but the rattles etc and loud exhaust i had on mine (only had a miltek so feck knows what its like with a decatted yozza lol) just got abit boring for me, wanted something turbo/faster/more grown up and a nice interior. My nimbus R26 ticked all the boxes for me so i got that. Not looked back though Dave, loved my 182 and as you can see from pic below that was a minter and it wanted for nothing. But the R26 is leagues above. Granted it does have bad points ie running costs as i explained above, and the gear-kn0b is a joke as its too high.. but it generally is a brilliant car. Mine always gets looks where ever it goes and its not a shouty colour like LY. Id say the gearbox was better on the 182 also, not much in it though. Do love having a 6th gear though, the 182 could really do with a 6th gear! If you was closer you'd be welcome to have a look around mine.

Any other cars in the running? (i was looking at a 3.2 audi A3, Golf R32's, focus RS's and ST's) But the R26 is a better all rounder than them imo.

Sorry for thread hijack lynden lol.

Kris

The 182:
DSC00393.jpg

The R26:
4900888210_c9e8f0e3df_b.jpg

340i
He is selling the megane to buy a set of KW v3's and some BBS splitz... Then buying the megane back because he will have saved money not running it iirc.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
making the same move as me by looks of things

this, i love the megane but the way it is depreciating is stupid and i want something that it better built and just a nicer place to be and you can buy EVERYTHING in carbon!!

and a decent set of coilovers are £500-700 rather than the £1200 for the megane, i will sad to see it go but you only live once :)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
you actually found one yet? got the number GP specific number?

if you need any pointers give me a shout

yeh i found the one i want, its a beut, 30k on the clock and its number 741 iirc will double check though