ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r26 progress thread.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
as ALWAYS when you tell me what i know, i know... lol

mattys was fine when he had boxes taken off at danmar..

Mine wasn't done at danmar, gona get it done there eventually but for now it's just clipped up until I can get my hands on a welder

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. It sounds like it's got no boxes.

What's the difference between yours and Naith's? Since his sounds mint.

Nimbus Megane R26
im keeping mine standard, love the whistle and subtle sound of it, that sounds like a diesel tbh..

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
LOL. It sounds like it's got no boxes.

What's the difference between yours and Naith's? Since his sounds mint.

As far as I know naiths has no mid box and a shorter backbox and larger tips he must have something between the bakbox and tailpipes to make the whoosh though, the shorter backbox can help build up pressure when not on turbo then realise it when alot of pressure is put though the box (when on turbo) his car is mapped with quiet a high boost pressure so more pressure will be going through the rear pipes and all the pressure leaving the box and passing through the small weld lips he has makes it sound like a jet.

Or something like that lol

We're building a new exhaust set-up for the RS Megane range - the aim is to have the much sought after "jet noise" at higher RPMs when on peak boost. We'll keep you updated because we're testing it at the moment but the exhaust is in pieces as it the cooling set-up, if we find a way to do get "the noise" we won't keep it secret :cool: !

Tom

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
are you on glue?

i've told you about 6 times, everytime u see me you ask, it bores me now tbh as i told you.

but it just doesnt sound right when i do it!! sounds broken. nuthing like urs

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
i want the jet noise for the sole purpose of confusing the chavs near my house lol

thats because you havent done it?!

you removed a box, then you removed both boxes thats all.

all the money you have spent, not doing your homework, you could have had the setup you require time n time again.

i'd try n go for your own take on it, i really doubt you'll get it like mine as i have various other accompanying factors.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
thats because you havent done it?!

you removed a box, then you removed both boxes thats all.

all the money you have spent, not doing your homework, you could have had the setup you require time n time again.

i'd try n go for your own take on it, i really doubt you'll get it like mine as i have various other accompanying factors.

i dont wanna give much away on the forum because im sure u dont want to world knowing but ive tried the strips on metal with standard backbox and it sounded broken i think i need (tell me if im right) a shorter backbox no midbox and the strips of metal (or excess weld in your case) between the pipes and tips.

when i get monies im gona take a trip to danmar

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
if you were to be so kind to explain properly how its done i would be forever in your debt mr ariane:D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
KW's? Good to see you're being original and not building a near identical version of another black meg.

Oh.

makes me laugh this, so any black meg on v3s will be a copy of naiths.......right.

and identical? i have a full interior, mine is a r26 not a 225 i have differnt seats, differnt wheels, differnt exhaust. i dont have green badges, i dont have a roll cage.

how is it identical? please explain?

would go for h&r but v3s are better.

if you were to be so kind to explain properly how its done i would be forever in your debt mr ariane:D
TDKopycat;)

youll never get a set of bbs rims to fit a megane mate - offset will be miles out

jet sound is down to the split where the single pipe becomes 2 after the back box - needs to have a sharp point - my old R26 did it with a Prospeed exhaust and charlie advised thats what makes the 'jet sound'

now have a miltek/k-tec 2.75" full system with round tail pipes and only really get that sound when booting it off the line in first - kind of miss it but the miltek makes a good sound. Am expecting it to get louder once mapped (if I ever get round to getting it mapped that is)

Are you not fancying any of the carbon parts that are coming out for the megane??

id be getting the wheels and mirrors done black too if that was mine

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
yeh i will be getting the carbon parts, gona go for bonnet, badges, side bullets, engine cover and r26r spoiler, would like a carbon roof but its pricey

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Would it not be cheaper to make Naith an offer? ;)

Love the badges mate. Exhaust needs some work, but then you know that.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Saw this on Sunday. Badges look ok tbf. Didn't know you'd been to those tracks though?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
Would it not be cheaper to make Naith an offer? ;)

Love the badges mate. Exhaust needs some work, but then you know that.

yeh it does, just needs straightening
Saw this on Sunday. Badges look ok tbf. Didn't know you'd been to those tracks though?
where did u see it? was that u in the white 200 parked like 2 feet away from mine at the traffic centre, i watched u get in it and drive off because i was getting stuff from the car. should of said hi, i dont bite
your the one who said 'yeh just put them on' cvnt lol
He's got a few track stickers in the rear windows. Silverstone is one I think.
I don't think he's been though. Maybe he counts toca laps?

i prefer gran turismo but toca will do

be careful at silverstone - is a bloody fast track - I got about 125mph down one of the straights - plenty of run off arears though but I found it quite scary (was my first time on track though and the car was 2 weeks old at the time)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
yeh i wont be going flat out, got a few sessions so just gona take it easy then build up my speed, should be good actually