ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reconditioned 182 engine needed (for Rally) ...

Clio 182 Cup
Hi all. Used to surf on this forum a lot for helpful advice, so decided to become a full member! Hence complete Newby in need of advise: Got a 2004 182 cup that has been converted to a rally car. Blew up (literally) the bottom block of my engine during the last rally and am now in the market for a new engine. The engine is a gonner.. Big hole in the bottom block with its intestines stuck in the radiator. As it's needed for competition purposes, plan is to source a fully reconditioned unit and then fit uprated cams and throttle bodies while at it. So far it only ran uprated cams and ecu with the cams likely to be salvageable. Looking for either someone who can provide a fully and properly reconditioned f4r or - even better - provide the whole package (including my or new cams build in) plus engine management and remap, ideally fitted.

Spoke to ktec who want 2.5k for the engine (including cams if I provide then) + 2.5k for throttle bodies and engine management. Plus VAT and fitting ...which sounds rich.

Tried tour de force but they don't seem to do Road cars any more (so I was told by them in the phone).

Any recommendations for a skilled shop that can provide a recon engine are highly appreciated. Of course aware of all the frauds out there... So looking for experienced and legit guys only.

Thanks!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Nice to see someone rallying one of these. I've got a MK5 RS2000 rally car but I do wonder if the Clio might actually be better on a budget!

Be interested to know the spec of your car, drop me a PM if you get a second :)

330i. E30 Touring.
Unless you want a repeat performance, avoid K-tec like the plague. Plenty of members on here have had some real shockers with them.

Woodford, or Dan@SJM for me.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Unless you want a repeat performance, avoid K-tec like the plague. Plenty of members on here have had some real shockers with them.

Woodford, or Dan@SJM for me.
Ktec don't build their own motors anymore mate due to far too many failures. They get them done by a very well respected motorsport company now.

I'm unfortunately not at liberty to say who though, but I'd definitely have one of their engines. I'd just take it elsewhere for mapping!

dan's cast offs.
it's not mine, i just fix it when the guy who owns it breaks it, so basically it comes back to me after every event he does:wink:

just stuck high comp engine and set of bodies on it for him, 209bhp and 182 lb/ft...he picked it up, went for test drive, came back 30 minutes later grinning like the cheshire cat.