ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS07 ACE ,LY Megane R26

LY Megane R26 230
So after owning a supercharged 306 for a brief spell I decided to buy something a bit more modern yet fun.

Always heard good things about the Megane R26 of friends who own/owned them so took the plunge and bought one.

Just spend a rather ridiculous 14 hour road trip to pick said car up but I know it will definitely be worth it.:hearteyes:

Only picture I have atm is from previous owner as

1.It's too dark to get pics now
And
2.It needs a bloody good wash after the 300 mile journey home

2016-04-02%2004.35.10_zpsxj3w2vo5.png

LY Megane R26 230
Cheers all. Yeah it's a lovely little car and the R26.R alloys and spoiler swung it for me in my purchasing choice.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm against the grain, the wheels just look a bit plain. Other than that, beautiful car. I'll get an R26 next I think (ages away)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oohhhh I know this car!!!! Well kinda, I saw it back in 2007 at the nurgburgring, then 2 days later saw it at my local cinema, then turns out the owner worked in same town I live in now, I've not seen it for a while though.

Where did you get it from?

Please put the old plates back on lol

LY Megane R26 230
What have you done 😧

Eugh. Those plates don't look great to be honest! Looks a fine example though

By the looks of it there aren't many fans of the new plates!:tongueclosed:

Oohhhh I know this car!!!! Well kinda, I saw it back in 2007 at the nurgburgring, then 2 days later saw it at my local cinema, then turns out the owner worked in same town I live in now, I've not seen it for a while though.

Where did you get it from?

Please put the old plates back on lol

Bought the car from Cumbria but I've spoken to the original owners son (Hairbear) snd he is the gentleman you are referring to.

Guess original plates may go back on at sometime

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
If you like them then fair enough mate. It's a lovely car, and it's a shame to cheapen the look with those plates etc.

The amount of greif you will get for black and silvers is not worth it you WILL get pulled as they play havoc with anpr

LY Megane R26 230
Well good news is plates are off already.:smile:

I've taken them off and will use just for shows/pics etc as I really like them but as has been pointed out its not worth the aggro/fine for everyday use.

I'm looking into going to stage 2 so need to get some 630cc injectors ordered and the car back up to Paul at RS TUNING for another session on the rollers.

LY Megane R26 230
When I bought the car I had it at a very good price as the clutch was slipping.

This was evident on the test drive and the drive home so first as last I ordered replacements It's a TTV SMF and the Megane R26R clutch and servo all supplied by RS TUNING.

Typically since these arriving the clutch hasn't slipped once!

20160407_190624_zps6dfvtf86.jpg

20160407_190629_zpsrbrcstw6.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I knew hair bear when I had my 225 f1 and remember when he got this one. He spared no expense on his cars but they got used properly too! Where it's been since he sold it on may well be another tale though.

LY Megane R26 230
I knew hair bear when I had my 225 f1 and remember when he got this one. He spared no expense on his cars but they got used properly too! Where it's been since he sold it on may well be another tale though.

Luckily there's been 2 owners since and I've spoken to Hair Bear,Josh (owner after Hair bear) and Stuart (whom I bought the car off) all at great lengths.

The car is a credit to them and I plan to keep it that way too.being a weekend/fun care the mileage will be keep off the old girl and hopefully the condition will stay as nice as it is.

Had a day off today so after being an adult this morning and sorting out a few important things I washed and polished the old girl and then went for a spin and an ice cream :smile:

Excuse the crap pics,I'm no David Bailey and only have my Samsung S5 for photos

20160412_160821_zpstliluw0n.jpg

The more I drive this car,the better it gets! It feels like a grown up refined Clio 1*2 and always makes me smile no matter the journey.

LY Megane R26 230
So not much has happened in the last few weeks except driving and just enjoying it.

Something I've never been a fan of is the ride height so I've purchased some Cooksport lowering springs which kinda escalated into all new Genuine Renault suspension parts to go with the springs :smile:

20160511_205105_zpsteylkxlh.jpg

LY Megane R26 230
Well just had the car back after leaving it with Sean @Foatauto in Cardiff for some work.

Sean is an Ex Renault Mastertech whom has gone on his own and has had very good reviews so though i'd use him for his services. He fitted my TTV Lightened flywheel and R26.R clutch,supplied and fitted an new camblet,waterpump and aux belt, re-gassed my aircon and replaced 2 CV boots and welded a broken exhaust bracket all for £640 quid and in just a day and a half!

Car picks up so much better with the TTV flywheel and clutch now that it doesn't slip.

Next plans will be to fit all the new suspension parts and cooksports on the next day I have off

LY Megane R26 230
Not much has happened with the megane recently.Just been using it and enjoying it really.

Only mod is a set of new number plates as I wanted the 'RS' and '07' spaced out

20160626_143020_zpsg6hutrcb.jpg

20160626_143110_zpslcuke81z.jpg

Also after a 6 hour round trip this morning I have some Recaro Sportster CS seats from a Clio R27 to fit!

Never seen a set fitted into a megane 225/R26 before and fits in nicely with the oem+ look of the car I think

20160626_143306_zpsivalybjk.jpg

20160626_143321_zpscydjuu3f.jpg

LY Megane R26 230
I do genuinely think they're the best looking seat at the moment. I'll be so upset if my next car doesn't have them.

Really suprised Renault didn't offer them as an option in the R26 alongside the treadlines.

They are standard fitment in quite a few cars,sadly all are rather expensive to buy! :smile:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Really suprised Renault didn't offer them as an option in the R26 alongside the treadlines.

They are standard fitment in quite a few cars,sadly all are rather expensive to buy! :smile:

Apparently, if they're stolen, they're enough to write off an rs4!

Mental!

I know audis/some manuafacturers use a chunkier version with more electrics but that is ridiculous to be able to write off a car lol

LY Megane R26 230
Apparently, if they're stolen, they're enough to write off an rs4!

Mental!

I know audis/some manuafacturers use a chunkier version with more electrics but that is ridiculous to be able to write off a car lol

They are 3k each from Audi!!!

Quick measurement of the treadlines/megane runners shows that im gonna have to fabricate some mounts up