ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS4 time

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
hmm love it in grey

:cool:

render-image

render-image

render-image

render-image

render-image

render-image

render-image

render-image

render-image

LOL at the tyre costs.
Tax isnt that cheap either.:mad:
Seemingly missing a service as well from what the website says!

Good to see the recaros spec on what was a company car:star::)
No upgraded sat nav stereo though.:eek:

http://www.autoquake.com/used-audi-rs4/rs-4-quattro-4dr-petrol-manual/inspid=28450#

A snip at £26,400 - :p

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Dolphin Grey IIRC.

Favourite car of all time tbh.

That looks to be an honest example! Thats bloody cheap given its mileage/one owner!

Ali

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  V6, Trackhawk, GTS
In all fairness, a very dull car! Needs the aura of the Gruppe M and Miltek (Another) to bring it alive! The seats are lovely as is the feeling of being in an Audi! But i'd 100% have an M3 over one! Fortunately the dampers are covered for 5yrs!...

I do like that colour, but imo the Avant is nicer looking!

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
Milteks just make them louder. Same with the Gruppe M. The standard breathing parts are good for some serious horse power.

Still wouldn't have the saloon, Avant all the way.

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
In all fairness, a very dull car! Needs the aura of the Gruppe M and Miltek (Another) to bring it alive! The seats are lovely as is the feeling of being in an Audi! But i'd 100% have an M3 over one! Fortunately the dampers are covered for 5yrs!...

I do like that colour, but imo the Avant is nicer looking!

interesting quip chief. Apparently standard ones struggle to get 390bhp as well :eek:

not ideal. Still love them though

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Have heard the chat about not making book figures, disapointing given the transmission loss if going to be rather hindered with the 4WD :(

Ali

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Milteks just make them louder. Same with the Gruppe M. The standard breathing parts are good for some serious horse power.

Still wouldn't have the saloon, Avant all the way.

Which is 100& what it needs. The V8 is wasted in that car. With the Intake and Exhaust, it's sound like it should!!!

interesting quip chief. Apparently standard ones struggle to get 390bhp as well :eek:

not ideal. Still love them though

Stoddie said something about that. Issues with Carbon build up around the valves??!

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  PH1 V6
Which is 100& what it needs. The V8 is wasted in that car. With the Intake and Exhaust, it's sound like it should!!!

Stoddie said something about that. Issues with Carbon build up around the valves??!

The valves suffer from carbon build up and need to be de coked every 4-5 years! not ideal, but still a fantastic car!

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
annoying, but hey with MRC around, you do have answers....

MRC said:
Having gained so much experience with the B5 RS4 it was only logical that we cast our tuning eyes over the new B7 RS4. The biggest complaint from customers was the lack of claimed power so we set about looking at way to increase it. We invested in a development engine to dismantle and analyse.

This was set on a stock ECU file with the latest software version (0090). The car has 19K miles and a Milltek cat back exhaust.

Efficiency in the engines intake tract was the area we wanted to focus on first so the intake manifold came off and went to our flow shop to be flow tested, ported and polished.

Removal of the intake manifold reveiled further possibilities at increasing flow. The valve stems were coated in a carbon layer and gummed up with an oily residue further restricting air flow. This is a common appearance in FSI cars due to the lack of fuel passing through the intake manifold and cleaning any deposits that build up over time, something that we will be monitoring and looking to solve in the future.

Another concern was the amount of oil sitting in the intake manifold. While there is a small OEM swirl pot designed oil catch can it is clear this is not sufficent for seperating the oil the engine is breathing.

Worryingly for owners of B7 RS4s this was on a car with less than 20K miles.

The valves and intake ports were cleaned in situ.
The intake manifold was refitted after being returned from our flow shop modifed, ported and polished with proven results from the flow bench.

After various modifications the intake manifold was optimised for peak flow at 8000rpm with good gains from low valve lift.
We went back to the same independent dyno to prove any gains. The dyno graph overlays our results at three different stages.

We dyno'd the car first with the same stock map but this time with the MRC modified intake manifold. (Red line)
We then remapped the ECU to further increase gains. (Blue line)
Baseline run done 4 days before (blue line)
After proving that cleaning and modifying the inlet track made a significant increase to the power of the engine it was now time to work on the exhaust system.

Some free flow downpipes were fitted and the cars ECU was remapped again to take full advantage of the exhaust airflow.

After all the work we have done on this engine the power went from 390bhp up to 430bhp and 340ft-lbs and gains of up to 50bhp and 50ftlbs in the rev range.

b7_rs4_dyno_baseline.jpg

RS4Dynoresultscollective.jpg

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2

Hmm, disagree there. Granted I like cars to sound good, but I think the RS4's rumble is already loud enough! Especially on full chat!

Ali

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hmm, disagree there. Granted I like cars to sound good, but I think the RS4's rumble is already loud enough! Especially on full chat!

Disagree all you like sweetcheeks! Coming from that woeful sounding S3 of yours, i'm sure the aura is spine tingling! :p

JD

Trader Rating - 95%
17   1   2
Disagree all you like sweetcheeks! Coming from that woeful sounding S3 of yours, i'm sure the aura is spine tingling! :p

Lol, I disagree with modifying cars like that though! As far as I'm concerned, an RS4/6/R8 should be left as Audi intended!

Ali

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lol, I disagree with modifying cars like that though! As far as I'm concerned, an RS4/6/R8 should be left as Audi intended!

Each to their own i suppose! Modifiying cars applies whether you own a Clio or a Ferrari.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Z4M
Avant > Saloon.

Love the colour though, it suits the car perfectly.

I'd have to chuck a Supersprint on there.

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
id be up for modification to the B7 RS4 as its obvious the 4,2 lump isnt at its best in OEM guise.

Quick call to MRC and your sorted. Milltek + Gruppe M = lighter wallet and happy times :D