ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
does your kit have two piece galfer disks?

for pads i have

Ds2500
Hawk Endurance pads
Hawk Fast road

i sold the brackets with the kit, i bought alloy bars from rally design and had them CNC'd

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
im sure the galfer rotors are £100 each LOL

btw you can only go a few MM bigger on the disk as otherwise the disk will foul the calliper, mine for some reason had more clearance at the top than they did at the bottom, just check yours before you buy.

clio 200 F4Rt
in theory it should be cheaper, as you only have to buy the rotor, rather than a complete disc.

but i doubt there is much in it.

Weight loss is the main advantage.

Will be seeing how my Compbrakes fare in Time Attack, i have a feeling they may not be up to the job tho, which if that is the case, will be coughing up some (big) bucks for the AP kit that D4ve has instigated!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Will be seeing how my Compbrakes fare in Time Attack, i have a feeling they may not be up to the job tho, which if that is the case, will be coughing up some (big) bucks for the AP kit that D4ve has instigated!

Thats a shock after all the bigging up of comp brake you have done on the forum....

funny how times change;)

clio 200 F4Rt

Thats a shock after all the bigging up of comp brake you have done on the forum....

funny how times change;)

more of being bitter and twisted at them for not holding up thier end of the deal.

but hey ho... we live and learn! its no wonder they went bust as TAS previously.

clio 200 F4Rt
plus, they are a hundred times better than standard stoppers, so what i have always said before is still relevant.

Black-Gold 182
IMG_9681.jpg

Ben, are you leaving the harness tapes like the above picture. It's just I'm sure that if you were to loop under the bar behind the seat and then to the rear bar it would hold you more securley. Heaven forbid, if you rolled it, you wouldn't be held in your seat at the moment - you need to have the force pulling you down into the seat, not back into the seat. That's the way they do it in the race series.

titanic killer
I always thought you didnt want to be pulled Down in the seat in a crash as it compresses your spine?not good
I maybe wrong thou

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yea it can cause damage if they pull down on you.

there 6 point so hopfully they will hold me in! loL

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

funny how times change;)

more of being bitter and twisted at them for not holding up thier end of the deal.

but hey ho... we live and learn! its no wonder they went bust as TAS previously.

im sure they will be fine, i quite fancy the APs too, i told dave to hold me a set, i want the normal colour though, not red

il see how i get on with these at the ring first. will keep the APs for show LOL

ive emailed Al-Con to see if they will make me a kit for 172 too :D

Black-Gold 182
oh right. Learn something new every day.

Looking good though - the ph2 rear end is looking well nice. Really looking forward to seeing the lump after its all mounted- not gonna have much room under the bonnet!

Ben, are you leaving the harness tapes like the above picture. It's just I'm sure that if you were to loop under the bar behind the seat and then to the rear bar it would hold you more securley. Heaven forbid, if you rolled it, you wouldn't be held in your seat at the moment - you need to have the force pulling you down into the seat, not back into the seat. That's the way they do it in the race series.

Yep thats right its been said before

Where harnesses should be located.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=224554

I always thought you didnt want to be pulled Down in the seat in a crash as it compresses your spine?not good
I maybe wrong thou

Your right

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Work is mad busy so not much of a write up.

I managed to get the brakes fitted, put the rotors in the vice and torqued each nut and bolt (in star formation), then fitted the cap bolt from the calliper to the brackets.

First I fitted the rotors and bells on both sides and secured with the torx screws.

I chose to flare my stainless steel lines on with the unions I got with the kit. This would reduce the length of the free line after the bracket as I could fix them wherever.

so I had to re do the cooper pipe sections again!

IMG_0666.jpg

Then bolted the calliper to the hub (100NM) and fitted the pads!

IMG_0646.jpg

i will upload the rest of the calliper pics tonight as PB is cack!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
my two fire extingushers arrived

IMG_0662.jpg

and then fitted them to the car, spaced them off the tunnel due to the heat!

IMG_0661.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
and a few erm random shots

see the camber ;)

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

dash has gone to the flockers

IMG_0650.jpg

random seats

IMG_0658.jpg

random, random

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

340i
nah keep the checker plate it looks cool LOL ;)

You could spray paint it black, or even the same colour as the cage?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
looking funky!

checker plates need to go :dead: :rasp:

you getting a proper extuingisher as well as the small ones? ive got one of those flamebeaters in my 106, and ive got another to go in the clio, but i will be fitting a proper one aswell just in case