ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

M2 Competition
well as the ring have enforced a 95DB limit. its going to be tricky.

im looking about, BTB wernt very helpful and they cant do it until summer so there not having my cash.

im thinking of having a full manifold made, inc system. it needs to be under 95db.

ive got a few people in line. cost will be around £1300

wouldnt worry about that, Im 102db at the intake and marshalls said nowt

Aye, i did bedford with a 95 limit and recorded well over 100...

tester gave me a funny look, took it down to about 1000rpm and he smiled and passed it, ha ha.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
updates will be a week away, ive got loads goin on with compbrake and ben_p-motorsport incoperation ltd / .net // have a nice day.GGR

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol.. it goes to ben on the 3rd.

im getting my speedlines on friday, then costco are fitting 4 brand new tyres for me.. saturday will be roll out day

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
will / should be out by 2/3 week in feb, then ive got the ring in march 20th.

i may make that rolling road ;)

Nikon D700
Mega effort if you do..
there's a proving ground just over the bridge from the RR, i'll flirt with the guard, then we can make our way over there.....

340i
When and where is this RR session

I may just come along to check out the Ben_P Motosport / G.G Racing / Angel work's Beast :D

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
although the willwoods brake kit was a nice kit, i wasnt happy with the pad surface area, the brackets made the pads overhang the disk by 2-3mm.. after i spent hours trying to fix it..i just binned the mounts and had my own made, the disk choise was limited and as were the pads!

and after i had fixed most of the problems and found the right disk/pad combo... i sold them LOL

i still wanted to keep the 15" wheels for track so couldn't just stick any old big brake kit on!

after a few calls, i met up with Steve Fenn from comPBrake. He had a the below kit for sale with

CompBrake Pro Race 3 caliper
CNC alloy brackets
All fixing bolts
295mm x 24mm Power vain rotors
CNC alloy Bells
stainless lines
HAWK fast road pads
ATE superblue racing fluid

picked the kit up ;)

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

s15.jpg

Exige S1 + Honda S1
lovely kit but why would this be better than the wilwoods?

granted the discs arent lined up with the pads but thats easily sorted with some slightly bigger discs

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

granted the discs arent lined up with the pads but thats easily sorted with some slightly bigger discs

there is a larger pad surface area, the calliper is much bigger and less likley to twist on track / hard abuse. the calliper is made of higher grade alloy.

the total piston size is 28% more than the willwoods, but still meets the same size as the MC

there are twice as many pads out there, the midilite calliper is limited IMO

for the same money you get a better calliper, better pads, two piece disks with alloy bells, proper brackets, 15mm bigger disks etc

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

i can see your point, but they should of never over hanged in the first place. i had new brackets made for £80 and they brought the pad 1.5mm in of the disk.

(my old pads had a ridge and bits of the ridge would crack off taking parts of the rest of the pad with it!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the only plus i can see over the willwoods is the pad retaining clip is a much better design than the B4 split pin.

but i sorted that with a 20p m6 cap bolt LOL

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Didnt realise the pistons are larger, what pads are you going to use?

would you sell the brackets? I was going to get new discs made for the rotors I have but dont know where to get them from.