ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saxo VTS oh my lord....

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah okay. Was after a white r26 and that plate looked familiar, thought it was a mate on here.
Thinking about it i'm pretty sure i commented on your/that car before.

Clio 182
Ah okay. Was after a white r26 and that plate looked familiar, thought it was a mate on here.
Thinking about it i'm pretty sure i commented on your/that car before.

More than likely mate at first owning it a couple months I wanted rod I missed the diesel life and fuel consumption but come to my senses and ordered some new wheels and other bits and I’m now keeping it putting original stickers back on etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 182
Decent cars and quite rare these days. Hope the plans go well :)

Got bigger injectors intercooler hybrid turbo 3” turbo back exhaust running 300bhp just put new sabelt wheel on it track rod ends and supporting links and got a new pair of tdm 1.2 to go on it along with some bc coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Cars just been delivered and it’s a VTR ? that teach me for not hpi check car and viewing it first.

Oh well I will hopefully get my £300 back as I’m not putting money into it now.

Feel a bit stupid but with the amount of cars I have gone through over the years it’s a small price to pay.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Cars just been delivered and it’s a VTR ? that teach me for not hpi check car and viewing it first.

Feel a bit stupid but with the amount of cars I have gone through over the years it’s a small price to pay.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
?

Looking back you can see it hasn’t got the yellow S on the badge. At least it was cheap enough to punt on without losing any money on it.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Feel like a proper dick but for the money I just couldn’t be arsed to do any check on it ? that will teach me. I’m not going to cause a scene as What would be the point!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Go and look at the prices VTR's are going for, you'll more than double your money if you decide to punt it on, for £300 i'd strip it out and thrash the crap out of it, when you're bored refit the interior and sell it for £600.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Nearly bought one a couple of times but always still had my mk1 clios at time which I preferred so never took the plunge. Still, great cars

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Managed to pull carpet up, check rear wheel arches behind trims and had a good look on underside. Defo a gamble but as said, for £300 cares ?

So you checked for rust, even though you hadn’t viewed the car?

Impressive skills

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
So you checked for rust, even though you hadn’t viewed the car?

Impressive skills

No i was referring to viewing it in day light. My point was I didn’t hpi check the car as for £300 I couldn’t be arsed last night as i just wanted to get on and I trusted the seller. Whenit was delivered my mate said straight away it has the wrong spoiler. Once it had been unloaded we popped the hood and it had a VTR engine. I don’t know the difference between a VTR/VTS engine as I have never had one before, well not until tonight. Than I hpi checked the car and it’s down as a VTR.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Love a Saxo, nearly bought one back in the days. Think I got a Clio in the end instead ;) phase one so much better.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
8v vtr 16v vts.

I had a blue vts about five or so years ago. Hated it. But then it wasn't the best example.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
No i was referring to viewing it in day light. My point was I didn’t hpi check the car as for £300 I couldn’t be arsed last night as i just wanted to get on and I trusted the seller. Whenit was delivered my mate said straight away it has the wrong spoiler. Once it had been unloaded we popped the hood and it had a VTR engine. I don’t know the difference between a VTR/VTS engine as I have never had one before, well not until tonight. Than I hpi checked the car and it’s down as a VTR.
‘Popped the hood’ - love it!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Alls not lost, just been offered VTS with 41k on clock. Been dry stored since 2010. Same owner from new, waiting on deposit info.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I mean, I’m no car expert but buying a vtr thinking it’s a vts after you viewed it.

That’s a classic!

Did the seller advertise it as a vts?

Clio 172
I had a VTS that I bought brand new on a Y plate. Probably not the best car I've ever owned, but was certainly my favorite...
DSCF0554.JPG

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
It just looked so good in the sun. This picture doesn't do it justice. Plus, all the other saxo colours were so boring then (with the exception of posidieon blue). This was Citroëns version of LY!

Say whaaaaaat?

Mauritius blue was clearly the best, just like Monaco beats Mondial in 172s

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Car transporter picking it up Saturday.

Same owner from new, covered 41k, been off the road and stored in 2010, original paint and panels.

Will need tyres, service and mot.

And yes hpi checked the car the time ?

6C60DDEC-7596-48E9-BC3A-1B1E48B727EA.png
4DE1BCC4-68A8-48C1-BA53-ECB19D6F1568.png
D7663A21-1D60-4B2A-B285-E8CEC421D557.jpeg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Yes I wanted a good one and no I paid £1450.

I'd say that's still fairly cheap if it's in decent nick. Being "stored" isn't always great for them though. I wouldn't put the key near the ignition until the belt has been done

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I'd say that's still fairly cheap if it's in decent nick. Being "stored" isn't always great for them though. I wouldn't put the key near the ignition until the belt has been done

Yeah I know. It’s been started every 6 months. It’s being transported home and I will ground it until weather sorts itself out and change belts, fluids etc. Pretty confident I won’t find better.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Set off this morning @ 5am to see a actual vts. Arrived at 7.30am just as it was getting light. Looks OK. You can tell it was a cheap mass produced car and it makes a 172/182 feel exotic ? anyhow it’s all original paint, tyres are shot due to cracks, couple of small chips in paint just below rear side trim, discs need doing, belts need doing and a f**king good service. Very very very minor surface rust and I do mean minor. Little below battery tray but again it’s superficial. It’s on it’s way home on a flat bed currently, can’t do a lot with it currently over the next few months due to weather so it’s defo a spring project.