ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shaun's 182 turbo, also for sale!

S2 106 GTI
met up with shaun today to fit my new springs, so decided to take some better pics in daylight and some vids! :D enjoy!!!

S1030659.jpg

S1030664.jpg

S1030658.jpg

S1030669.jpg

S1030647.jpg

S1030648.jpg

S1030655.jpg

S1030651.jpg

And a few vids

Setting off
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=S1030667.flv

Drive By
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=S1030666.flv

In car action (sorry lol bumpy road!)
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=S1030665.flv

Audi TT 225 Quattro
that looks sweet and goes even better:evil: look to be very quick. id have it if i were looking at buying a new car...

R35 GTR
doesnt sound too good with all the chattering.....;) Thats not good for the turbo.

Get ur facts right before u spread s**te muppet! :nono:

here is a common myth in the automotive world about so called "wastegate chatter" or "turbo flutter", a noise created on lifting off the throttle in a turbocharged car. The sound is commonly described as a chipmunk or a rattlesnake and is often stated incorrectly as being a result of the turbo's wastegate closing. The noise is in fact the air compressed by the turbo passing back through the compressor housing of the turbo after having hit the now closed throttle plate. This is also known as Compressor Surge and over time can result in significant damage to the turbocharger. It damages the turbocharger by bringing the compressor blades (which spin in excess of 100,000 RPM) to a near dead stop almost instantaneously. This puts an enormous amount of stress on the blades which causes them to fatigue faster. To avoid this turbocharged cars will use a blowoff valve (BOV), which allows the extra pressurized air in the intake out. However, in some cases, i.e. where it doesn't open fast enough or is setup to only react to high boost, some chatter will remain.

I have.....

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

here is a common myth in the automotive world about so called "wastegate chatter" or "turbo flutter", a noise created on lifting off the throttle in a turbocharged car. The sound is commonly described as a chipmunk or a rattlesnake and is often stated incorrectly as being a result of the turbo's wastegate closing. The noise is in fact the air compressed by the turbo passing back through the compressor housing of the turbo after having hit the now closed throttle plate. This is also known as Compressor Surge and over time can result in significant damage to the turbocharger. It damages the turbocharger by bringing the compressor blades (which spin in excess of 100,000 RPM) to a near dead stop almost instantaneously. This puts an enormous amount of stress on the blades which causes them to fatigue faster. To avoid this turbocharged cars will use a blowoff valve (BOV), which allows the extra pressurized air in the intake out. However, in some cases, i.e. where it doesn't open fast enough or is setup to only react to high boost, some chatter will remain.

I have.....

Maybe on a metro turbo but most new age cars/turbo's are fine. lol

Clio 182 Trophy

I have.....

Maybe on a metro turbo but most new age cars/turbo's are fine. lol

A better rebuke would be to explain why - maybe??

Ph1

I have.....

My mates supercharged CTR does this.

Chelsea tractor

I have.....

My mates supercharged CTR does this.
How would a supercharger do this exactly?