ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shed Motorsport 182 BTB Exhaust System

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
Jesske said:
I measured a race exhaust from Orbisoud a year ago and there was a gain of 9 hp between mid and higher revs. The lower revs there was a little loss of 2hp. You can feel the 5k kick little better
Weight is only 13.85 kg because of the 1 backbox. They don't care if it's noisy, it just has to perform

Was that a 9bhp gain at peak power? or just in the mid range?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
FredYozzasport said:
TIG welding is a skill, not any monkey can do it! BTB's exhaust has some of the best quality TIG work i've seen on an exhaust (other than mine ;))

There is no need for it to be THAT good, but what people don't realise is that mig welding corrodes far easier, TIG can corrode just as easily so careful rod selection is important

i saw someone's ali TIG wok the otherday and it was laughable, no penetration! how you get 0 penetration on ali i'll never know!!! (no this comment has nothing to do with forum member ali!)

how do i know so much about welding? well i was taught by the ex head fabricator/welder from Renault F1, and also a head fabby from BTCC

I wish I was as brilliant as you mate.

Lionel Richie
we do the same mate, we just work as close to the noise limit as possible! (if it fails, slip the marshal a £10er ;))

artic blue 182 Cup
Joe@ShedMotorsport said:
Obviously Mat spends more time than me in the car but afaik its only boomy at between 3 and 4k but thats only when you're accelerating, on part throttle cruise its fine and you can barely hear it. BTB went to great lengths to keep the cabin noise as low as possible. We have a graph with a before and after power run on it, we'll try and get it on here soon. It was in the back window of the car at FCS so a few people probably saw it.

nice! can't wait to hear it... please make some vids or sound clips inside the car at more or less 70mph windows up, if possible, and then at full revs... since its inside the car where the sound most concerns me...

so, when you offer free fitting or shipment... d'u mean to spain for free too?:D

cheers, YoSh