ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SM inlet turkish rs2 ish one...results so far

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Haven’t read the whole thing so may have missed why everyone’s so annoyed?

Is it worse than the original in terms of performance?

And even for another £200 is it not still easily the best value N/A mod for £/bhp, beating everything bar the not-straightforward 197 head conversion?

I don't think everyone is annoyed about it. Just it's an untested product and the guy selling it doesn't have the best reputation. There was a massive post on Facebook about people kicking off saying he owed them money for the original design and then he disappeared and now has resurfaced with a new untested design.

personally I would just save up some pennies and go straight into itb's.

Fair enough didn’t realise people had negative buying experiences. I’d noticed his posts don’t go down to well on CSOC though.

Has it changed since the original SM inlet? I thought there were quite a few decent dyno graphs floating around for that.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I bought one in the group buy and had no problems. Ended up selling it on though, as my plans changed. It's not the cheapest thing in the world but, given the fact it's made in relatively small numbers, it's no great surprise.

dan's cast offs.
they were good value for money when they were under £500 but now no way worth £700. i know this is the first one but that's a bloody low torque figure/curve to say the least.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
It would have been good to see an overlay against the stock manifold torque graph, then look at total/overall torque range as a comparison to stock. Anyone have one on the same dyno with their stock setup?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
My RS2 with GrpN timing made real dece torque from low down and held it right across the Rev range with at Efi after Scoff worked his magic.
The RS2 was nearly double the price new and I’d be happy to pay the price again as the R&D that went in it is double what the turkey inlet has had and James was so easy to deal with.

dan's cast offs.
It would have been good to see an overlay against the stock manifold torque graph, then look at total/overall torque range as a comparison to stock. Anyone have one on the same dyno with their stock setup?

mine and stu owens have but not sure what's on here as this is two merged threads?

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Managed to find a stock 182 dyno on the efi roller and compared against three sm inlet dyno results the total average torque spread across the rev range from 2.5k to 6k rpm is greater/better than an oe setup peak torque which occurs at 4.8-5.2k rpm, looking at the law of averages the SM would be the better road driven setup.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Red line= Original SM intake and cat cams 438
Green line = lightly ported RS stamped 182 lower manifold and 438 cam
The car was much quicker on the standard inlet over the SM (Hillclimb results to back it up, not arse dyno opinion).

fullsizeoutput_247.jpeg

dan's cast offs.
Managed to find a stock 182 dyno on the efi roller and compared against three sm inlet dyno results the total average torque spread across the rev range from 2.5k to 6k rpm is greater/better than an oe setup peak torque which occurs at 4.8-5.2k rpm, looking at the law of averages the SM would be the better road driven setup.

needs to be on the same cars to be fair, i've seen 10bhp difference on healthy cars running fine.

dan's cast offs.
i was just beginning to miss the torque on mine and was going to try the normal inlets back on when the bottom end shat itself.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Digging this thread up but saw this on Facebook. All that money for next to no gains, yet they're saying the inlet is capable of making over 200bhp but obviously haven't got proof.

Screenshot_20180205-180455.png

Screenshot_20180205-180500.png

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
This the car at efi that had an issue with the exhaust stopping it getting decent results?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Stupid of the Turkish guy to be uploading graphs and figures like that then really.

clio sport 200
Had a quick look under the car and I seem to have a canny dent in the manifold, just after I’ve bought a PMS cat back or well I wanted something louder that my scorpion rs192 anyway

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Having seen some of the comments above I thought I should share my findings. I have a 172, 51 plate with 130k + miles on. This weekend fitted the new tessa motorsport manifold, I had bought this for a deal that was running for less than £500. I had this on a local dyno two weeks ago and it made 191 bhp and 165lb ft torque. At the time with fatty induction, matched inlets, ported head, Decat and Ktec super sport stealth without centre silencer. For the sake of consistency I will get on the same dyno hopefully next Friday and do another run and report on difference. I would say in the short drive I have made today low down feels stronger with better pick up but maybe not so strong after 5k revs. It does sound epic though!

Reactions: Gus
  BG Clio 182
Having seen some of the comments above I thought I should share my findings. I have a 172, 51 plate with 130k + miles on. This weekend fitted the new tessa motorsport manifold, I had bought this for a deal that was running for less than £500. I had this on a local dyno two weeks ago and it made 191 bhp and 165lb ft torque. At the time with fatty induction, matched inlets, ported head, Decat and Ktec super sport stealth without centre silencer. For the sake of consistency I will get on the same dyno hopefully next Friday and do another run and report on difference. I would say in the short drive I have made today low down feels stronger with better pick up but maybe not so strong after 5k revs. It does sound epic though!
Do you reckon that dyno would be way out? No way would you make that much power without any proper engine work surely? Will show a difference though clearly

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Clio 172
I took it with a pinch of salt! Engine has been mapped and with 197 cams which I should have mentioned, but on the same car I can put up the graphs of a before and after on the same dyno and would hope to have some reasonable consistency. This may help people with their own choices when it comes to the inlet?!?!

BG Clio 182
Yeah definitely. Still pretty good with cams really, but that certainly makes more sense lol. Rarely see one dyno that high usually lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Clio 172
Dyno from today, before and after with new version of Tessa inlet. There is no way in the world it has 212bhp and I have used this dyno just because it is local and could provide before and after with standard intake and then the new Tessa. Taking that the dyno is way out but consistent with last run interesting to see how the torque and power have now moved considerably up the Rev range. Similar to other results I’ve seen 10lbft down in torque but makes more power. I will get to EFI or RS tuning for a proper mapping session and see what they say! What’s people thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 314