ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So you said it couldn't be done... 182 Bought!

Clio 182
Some of you may remember my thread a couple of days a go, well today I made a 95 mile trip up to Leicester.

The car is on an 05 plate, with 28,000 miles and I paid £2595!

Only problems are: Rear tires need replacing (Cracked so think they've been on since new), passenger window doesn't go down (No noise from the motor or any feedback of the sort)

How do you like them Apples... :rasp:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You haven't 'done it' though have you.

If it needs belts/dephaser then you're looking at £600 minimum. So that takes your £2600 upto to £3200 which is what we all told you to spend in the first place.

So, we'll eat those apples, you suck on that lemon.

Black Sheep
cant do a :rasp:.... with no pics. could be a shed, does sound a great deal though.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
lol at this thread-

but good luck with the new car- lets hope it doesnt need the dephaser as well...

S

Where is the best place locally to me? North London. I've heard of 519

Nearest to you off the top of my head...

Dan@519 automotive - Bedford
MichaelWoodford Motorsport - Chertsey
TwoTechs -Dartford (probably more expensive than the above 2, they don't "trade" on here but top guys).

Details for MWM and 519 in the traders section of the forum.

Can't think of many more renault indy's in the surrounding area.

Clio 182
Bedfordshire isn't far from me, 26-30 miles. I'll give him a ring tomorrow and get a quote.

The car is incredibly fun to drive, smooth too! Managed to get 50mpg in the 50mph section of the M1 and 32mpg around town.

1st gear acceleration is really nice but it seems to bog down slightly when going into 2nd. Also the noise from the standard system is quite addictive and I love having a quiet exhaust after owning the Corsa.

Black Sheep
carsalesman-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Ah, and you were being such a good listener in your other thread :p I really do not understand which part of "72k miles or 5 years whichever is sooner" people can't grasp. The last bit is often printed in capital letters FFS lol. As well as expiring due to useage, rubber drive belts and sealed bearings (in the tensioners) deteriorate with age. That is why they need to be replaced. The collosal amount of engine related damage at stake is why they're important to replace.

As for apples, I like them because it proves CS correct :p Glad you're happy and I don't mean to "put a downer on it" but this just shows everything said in your other thread. By the time you've done 2 rear tires and a cambelt that's a £3,300 ish car. Not including the window or any other niggles.

EDIT: Beaten to the apples comment by Daniel.

But seriously - glad you're enjoying it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ah, and you were being such a good listener in your other thread :p I really do not understand which part of "72k miles or 5 years whichever is sooner" people can't grasp. The last bit is often printed in capital letters FFS lol. As well as expiring due to useage, rubber drive belts and sealed bearings (in the tensioners) deteriorate with age. That is why they need to be replaced. The collosal amount of engine related damage at stake is why they're important to replace.

As for apples, I like them because it proves CS correct :p Glad you're happy and I don't mean to "put a downer on it" but this just shows everything said in your other thread. By the time you've done 2 rear tires and a cambelt that's a £3,300 ish car. Not including the window or any other niggles.

pm me your address, i'm sending you a Snickers.

I love it when people on here ask for advice, then completely fcuking ignore everything they've been told and do whatever they want on that particular morning.

I don't care if it snaps or it lasts another 5 years, its not my car, but why go to all the bother of asking for advice if you're not going to listen to a single word??

^ To take the positive from that. If you were to pay a visit to Danny then you would have a very low mileage 182 with the belts done wanting for nothing but general maintenance for the next few years.

I would also suggest that in my opinion a 28K 182 with all the belts done is worth £3.5k+ pending colour and condition, so not a bad thing to spend the money on.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Should have got a 172 with that budget tbh.

Lets just hope you get this 182 done before the old belt decides to go.

53 Clio's & counting
If it 's been looked after it sounds a lovely car!

Hopefully it will have had the occasional long trip, rather than 2 miles a day.

As meantioned, get the belts done ASAP - it puts the price of the car up above 3k, probably up to 3.5k once you have fixed all the niggles, thats what is worth, so your still not paying over the odds, but not changing a belt that is 2 years oderdue is just plain stupidity!!

At work we are still doing 4 or 6 repairs a month due to people ignoring cambelt intervals - I just seriously can't understand it!

What confuses me even more is most people (not saying OP) think we are 'havng a go' rather than trying to help them avoid a big repair bill!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
^ To take the positive from that. If you were to pay a visit to Danny then you would have a very low mileage 182 with the belts done wanting for nothing but general maintenance for the next few years.

I would also suggest that in my opinion a 28K 182 with all the belts done is worth £3.5k+ pending colour and condition, so not a bad thing to spend the money on.

Oh I agree. I'd have done the same as this guy. Buy it cheap, get the work carried out by someone you trust. (ie someone in the traders section on here)

But he's bragging that he's 'done it' when infact he hasn't. At all.

Oh I agree. I'd have done the same as this guy. Buy it cheap, get the work carried out by someone you trust. (ie someone in the traders section on here)

But he's bragging that he's 'done it' when infact he hasn't. At all.

Agree on both points. Buying cheap is the way forward! My post was actually directed at the one above yours Dan, but you got in fast. Like.... Superfast

Clio 182

This is exactly what I'm hoping, It was taken into consideration that the belt would need doing when purchasing the vehicle.

In the end once the belt has been done I'll have an incredibly low mileage 182. I'm driving to france in a couple of months so I plan to get it done before then.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
id be getting it done tomorrow! 2 years overdue is madness! When i was looking for my 182, i saw loads of low millage ones but the belts hadnt been done, and to me this indicates a car that hasnt been driven a lot, but also hasnt been looked after. If the person who had it before really cared, they would have got the belts done 2 years ago! I wonder how many times the oil has been changed as well?! Probably never!

Clio 182 FF
Lol. Something tells me your post count is going to go up rapidly in the 'Faults, Problems and Solutions' section ;)