ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some t**t reversed into my 182

BG 182
Was at tesco last night and some idiot reversed out a bay and backed into me when i was practicaly stationary went a bit radge at him as you do then got his details.

Anyway a phoned him up a said a will get a quote to have the damage resprayed as it aint to dire and he can pay instead of goin the whole insurance dilemma, but now he is sayin we where both at fault because i was goin to fast???

If it does end up an insurance job will it be easy enough to prove i wasnt at fault?

350z GT
From what ive seen, its very hard to get anything other than a 50 / 50 out of a car park incident.

Id try to scare him into agreeing by saying youve been back to the scene, took photos etc and will forward this to the insurance companies if he wishes.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
"I've never been to Tesco in my life mate. You must have the wrong person".

BG 182
Re: some tw*t reversed into my 182

From what ive seen, its very hard to get anything other than a 50 / 50 out of a car park incident.

Id try to scare him into agreeing by saying youve been back to the scene, took photos etc and will forward this to the insurance companies if he wishes.

Thats the tactics am trying my bro-in-law works at said tesco so got him on the case to see if there is any CCTV of the car park other than that looks like am gettin hit in the pocket

might aswell just give the boy a kickin then :quiet: lol

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Perhaps had you not 'gone radge', then this might have been different.

If it goes through insurance, it will go 50/50. Particularly as you were 'practically stationary', as opposed to stopped.

In the unlikely event it doesn't, you'll have to declare a none fault claim anyway.

Speak to Tesco and see if they have CCTV of the incident.

CBR1000RR Fireblade

Ive succeeded in a claim against someone in a supermarket car park.

GW 197 Cup
Perhaps had you not 'gone radge', then this might have been different.

If it goes through insurance, it will go 50/50. Particularly as you were 'practically stationary', as opposed to stopped.

In the unlikely event it doesn't, you'll have to declare a none fault claim anyway.

Speak to Tesco and see if they have CCTV of the incident.

Just saying nothing good ever comes from getting angry.

clio 172 cup
If he was reversing then he's at fault for not checking his mirrors etc tell him it's your right of way if he was reversing he's at fault

RS6 C7
Super soaking his car with paintstripper is a pretty pathetic move if you go ahead.

Just try and get the CCTV if not suck it up and move on.

Keep calm ;)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Kickings and paint stripper drive-by's. You sound like a pleasant fellow.

Anyway, whoever it is you know in Tesco, won't be allowed to release footage to you. It goes against the Data Protection Act. IIRC the police need to request it before the store can release any CCTV footage.

133/225/CLS AMG
So he reverses out of a space and into you? No question at all that it's his fault even if you went through insurance.

That said it's a case of proving it!

Anyway, whoever it is you know in Tesco, won't be allowed to release footage to you. It goes against the Data Protection Act. IIRC the police need to request it before the store can release any CCTV footage.

I thought you were allowed to request footage if you appeared on it?

Having had a 2 friends with similar clear cut situations .. the cctv won't matter much ..... if he informs his insurance (which if anyone advises him correctly he should in case there is any come back ) then i'll be quite surprised if it does not go 50/50 , car park incidents are and arse to defend .

and if he informs his , as sure as eggs are eggs his will go straight to yours .

So he reverses out of a space and into you? No question at all that it's his fault even if you went through insurance.

That said it's a case of proving it!

i think you would be surprised , there are a number of scenarios that would turn that on its head and be fault the other way round ...... he could say he was already reversing out before you came along and you tried to nip behind him as he was reversing slowly and carefully .

BG 182
Wee update on this after taking on board some of the advice on here and speaking to others, I decided not to go through insurance in case it did go 50/50 as I would lose my no claims and all the rest you know the drill.

Spoke to the guy and he agreed to pay half the bill for repair so all sorted happy days.

As for the guys having a pop at me for my drive by and kicking comments just my sense of humour a wouldnt really go and do it behave yourselfs.

MG ZR 1.8
How bad is the damage on your car?
I managed to get full fault to the girl who wrote my car off, but she went over a give way and I took loads of photos luckily.

BG 182
Its scuffed on the nearside rear quarter and bumper been quoted £314 to fix it my excess is £350, the guy has gave me half the cash to get it fixed so am happy with it.

Plus am doing the work myself but he didnt need to know that ;)