ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying a Trophy

Flol @ this thread. Confirms my feeling that football fans are cretins, spraying your car a different colour because of a team you follow is not the action of a reasonable adult.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah, you've not helped yourself here. Whereby spraying a trophy IMO is a bit wrong, your reasoning is just plain retarded.

Spraying it a certain colour to avoid people thinking you support a (even though terrible) team! Extreme to the max.
If you just want a blue clio buy a 182. or at least spray it an interesting colour!

The trophy is going to become more and more of a rare thing, and spraying it a different colour does seem a bit wrong tbh!

Nobodies stopping you though.. Just not sure what kind of reaction you expected

Passat
Haha, cheers Roy.

Yeah I know it's a daft idea. Nobodys denying that. As for getting a Gordini...yeah fair point. But why does anyone get a Trophy? There's definitely no logic behind basically paying over the odds for a 182

RS6 C7
Dont spray it PLEASE!, who cares what colour car you drive, Your car will be worth alot less than an original trophy..., If anything just get it wrapped blue so when your done with it you can peel it off and hand it to someone who can look after it ;)

Haha, cheers Roy.

Yeah I know it's a daft idea. Nobodys denying that. As for getting a Gordini...yeah fair point. But why does anyone get a Trophy? There's definitely no logic behind basically paying over the odds for a 182

You sir are a bit special, after multiple pages explaining what a Trophy is you still don't get it? :)

Please "Log out".

clio 182 'full fat'
most stupid thing ive ever heard but at the end of the day your money and your car, do what makes you happy, i know i do! :D f**k resale value!

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry if I have missed it couldn't be botherd reading every single comment.

But here's a crazy idea, why dont you just get it wrapped?

Saves the colour underneath. Your happy it's blue. Cliosport will maybe see come resale time it can just be put back to red.

Seems logical if you really want to do it, don't spray a trophy :(

clio 182 'full fat'
Sorry if I have missed it couldn't be botherd reading every single comment.

But here's a crazy idea, why dont you just get it wrapped?

Saves the colour underneath. Your happy it's blue. Cliosport will maybe see come resale time it can just be put back to red.

Seems logical if you really want to do it, don't spray a trophy :(
+1 it will protect the paint from turning pink also ;)

White clique
Go for it if you want to.

But when it comes to selling it, no one will beleive your reason for doing so, it will appear to be the dodgiest reason of all time for having the car a wrong colour.

"oh hi is that really a trophy i thought they only came in red?"
"yes i just resprayed it to match the colour of my football team"

If anyone has the balls to buy it off you one day (which i doubt), then they are going to be stuck with it for the same reason. IMO it will be as untouchable as a cat D.

The easiest option is to just change football teams?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cs just went to a whole new level of retardation!

What the actual f**k!

Oh and is that Trophy23433443 guy the new 2live?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Would you drive a pink car Daniel?

I used to own this. Whats your point?

38289_405491256183_684436183_4810419_2006496_n.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
LOL. Vaguely remember that Daniel, did it ever sell?

Oh, and the only reason I bought a Trophy is because I'm a Utd fan. True story.

53 Clio's & counting
I used to own this. Whats your point?

38289_405491256183_684436183_4810419_2006496_n.jpg

Twas a beast that - suits you're valeter mate!

OP, we are only trying to help you not make a silly choice.

The good points (to you) it will be in you're favourite teams colours.

the (actual) downsides:

When you tell people what car you drive they wont believe you as it will be the wrong colour
When you sell it no one will buy it
you would have bought the most expensive 182, then have spent a lot more money on it, to then have it's value a good 15-20% lower due to that.

remember although you're mates doing it cheap, you still need all the glass to come out, engine to come out, full interior stripped etc to have a 'proper' job - any less is just a cheap blow over and will look terrible when you open a door or bonnet.

Im not Trophy saving here, im trying to be realistic for you - surely buying a nice 182 with cup packs would be a better plan? You could fit a set of trophy wheels, some nice seats and still have a huge chunk of money left over and to 90% of the drivers out there they wouldnt be able to tell the difference between both cars anyway.

If you are 100% dead set on doing that then a wrap woulld save you a ton of money and at least you wouldnt loose so much money when you sell it

DB.

BMW 440i
Also find it quite funny how against people are against spraying a beloved trophy.

It's a Clio for f*cks sake.

DB.

BMW 440i
Also find it quite funny how against people are against spraying a beloved trophy.

It's a Clio for f*cks sake.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and there is no such thing as a mk2 Gordini clio ffs!

The f**king colour isn't even called Gordini!

Trophy
I suprised how long this thread has lasted considering your gonna be buying the car in a year! lol. I'll look forward to the picture of it in a year tho and see all the comments of people ripping the pi** out of you.

IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN!

(You should also start a new thread - How to alienate your self on an unfamiliar forum - PMSL)

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
You might aswell do the same as I did and buy a Racing blue 182 and added the recaros, Sachs suspension and V6/Trophy Rear spoiler.

For the record, I didn't set out wanting a Blue Trophy, I bought the car and the right bits came up for sale and I bought them.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Dave told me Trophy owners were mental but Mr T up there is taking it to new levels.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
i dissagree and think its a retarded idea. But its your money your car and your life so do what you want with it. just dont go crying when you get the piss taken out of you alot.