ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stolen Service History!

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi,

My car was broken into a few days ago and the thief wasnt the smartest of any kind.He left my head unit instead he took my sunglasses,service history book and money in my ash tray.Stupid B***ard.

What shall I do because im planning on selling my clio but the service historys gone.My service station said they cant produce a duplicate copy.
Will this affect the sale price or is there another way around it.

Please Help!

Regards

Anil

172 cup'd extreme
If the garage dont keep records like most dont then there isnt anything you can do and you have no proof when the services were done, and it will reduce the value of your car. But most services come with a receipt of work which you can use to prove the work was done.

www.renparts.co.uk
ive never known a garage not keep it, i think you have to by law now (don't quote me on that). If its the garage in question who serviced your car they should have records for at least the last 2 years.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don't keep your service book in your car in the future, silly idea. Could quite easily cloan your car if it has other docs to?

Clio 172 Sport
If you've got the service receipts from the garage, buy a new service book and ask them to re-stamp it. They will only do so when they see the receipts. I know someone who did it.

Clio 1.2 16v
Well whoever broke in took my sunglasses, service history,ash tray (dont ask) and my sub/amp setup.

Im sure there is a way around this legitimate or not.............................

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
If the garage know you, buy a new book and get them to stamp it. Offer the guy behind the desk a back hander...

Dan