ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Streamline Carbon Project Clio 172 Cup

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Hi everyone

I finally have a bit of time to do this, and i have been meaning to do so for ages, will try my best to keep it updated in line with my own 106 project on other forums, nothing worse than out of date project threads, as bad as out of dates websites (at least our online shop is now live and we are working hard to get everything online asap :))

Anyway . . .

Our own Clio project car which unfortunately was very last minute in time for FCS few weekends ago, definately wont be the case next year :)

I bought the car off of my brother, owned from new in 2004, came with freshly the following:

• Refurbed rims by Pristine, Woburn Sands, anthracite with diamond turned lip
  • Bilstein coilovers (with creaking top mouonts lol)
  • Stainless steel exhaust system from cat back with stealth tailpipe
  • 54k on the clock
  • FSH
  • MOT'd up for 12 months
Our additions (which still need fully finishing)

All carbon parts in 4x4 280g twill carbon backed up with 660g and finished in high gloss lacquer.

Bonnet (with herringbone weave)
Engine cover
Mirror covers
Door bullets
Front splitter
Doot handle cover and replacement diamond
Fog light surrounds
Spoiler
Streamlinecarbon.com livery all very lastminute.com lol

Also added an open air filter and freshly ported inlet, fresh set of brakes all round with aeroquip lines up front

For FCS we did have one of seats in to make the most of the tracktime and my pair of Willans harnesses to keep everytihng in place round those bends :)

The plans -

Tailgate
Dashboard
Doorcards (direct replaceemnts of OEM)
Seats

Who knows what else, but plenty of little bits and pieces on the interior and engine bay, should have a few pictures of our replacement fusebox cover (not just a cover) later this week.

Here are a few pictures and will grab a few more

3630774858_ea3e1bff64.gif

3630479808_911acb0b01_m.gif

3635778102_3ebed71a09.gif

3630470570_585692551d_m.gif

SCRenaultClioDemoCar010-1.gif

SCRenaultClioDemoCar008.gif

SCRenaultClioDemoCar007.gif

SCRenaultClioDemoCar001.gif

Cheers

Bic

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice! Spoiler looks funky!

Is this more of a demo car for your clio products or will it have a healthy stash of performance mods too? ;)

bic

Land Rover Discovery
cheers, demo vehicle for the 172 range, although couldnt resist with an inlet, etc, be nice to do more, but thats not the point of this car, thats the point of the 106, lol.

See how we get on, as i really feel the need for us to get a 197 or a megane we can work with, much easier than relying on friends, customers etc, just not the right way to do it, but would be hard to keep this and get another car, so will have to see

Clio 172
this is the car i wanted to see a spec list for after the tracktime at fcs!!!

bilstien coilovers cant be the only thing done to it suspension wise?! it was glued to the track in every bend!

if it is i think i know what i'm saving for next so!

bic

Land Rover Discovery
yes just the bilstein suspension wise, would have been even better if we had time to get some R888s on the car for the day, but it was a mission getting it there in this spec lol

Half the battle is how to drive these cars, not how to modify them, just goes to show what these cars are capable of with mild mods for sure, was a great day

Tangoed Works
quality looks second to none. love the underside of the carbon bonnet. looks a lot better than my old one did!

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Certainly will be over the winter, big old job, especially when you want it right, which is the only way

lift number 1 @ btm
looking lovely there!

i'm still interested in the roof too, and any news on the spoiler yet?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
hi doug, your spoiler is made, woo hoo, being bonded together this week on our workshop tailgate, then straight to lacquer, whats best to do, post it still ? and is your car back with you or at bodyshop ?

cheers

Bic

lift number 1 @ btm
cool!!

i'll send you my home address in a minute. car is with daniel, i still didn't get a chance to drive it!

Si

RS Clio 172
thinking of giving up on the 106 now that you've discovered the joys of clio ownership? :p

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Subarufreak - yes please visit www.streamlinecarbon.com

Si - As if, the work has just started on moulding the rear 3/4 quarter panels on the 106 now, once they are pulled off then both inner and outer quarter panels can be removed, hopefully next week :)

cheers for the comments

bic

Land Rover Discovery
lol yes it is he ha ha

Clio now up for sale peeps, from a business point of view, we can do much more with the money invested in the vehicle for the business, along with using it to develop even more products and new ranges which are a big asset to us, sorry to disappoint, advert will be on pistonheads and in the for sale section on here by end of tonight.

At least I can concentrate on the 'real' project K16 . . lol

thanks

bic

Clio 172 RS2
Hi Bic,

Just ordered and payed for a pair off SC Bullets!
The standard Aluminized ones don't stand out on my Gris Iceberg...

Cheers,

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Thanks for the order :) sorry for delay in responding on here lol.

Not sure what is happening with the car but here are some updated pictures, if we keep it then progress will be made,if not, then the new owner will be a lucky one

As it stands today before the missus ran a mitt over it, finally back on its wheels and fresh sticky rubber Apologies for the state of her in the pics, hasnt been Tlc'd since FCS earlier in the year

Current spec of car:

54K mile 2004 Cup - 'K 12 CUP'
H&R Coilovers
15" Phase 1 genuine OZ Racing wheels poweder coated matt black
Yokohama AO48 195/50/15 tyres
Ported inlet/K&N open air filter
EBC discs & Pads, Aeroquip lines
Stainless steel (stealth) cat back exhaust system

Pre preg 4x4 twill weave, lacquered, carbon fibre

• Bonnet
  • Engine Cover
  • Fuse Box
  • Rear spoiler
  • Rear bumper trim
  • Door Badges
  • Wing mirror covers
  • Fog light surrounds
  • Front splitter
  • Number plates
StreamlineCarbonassorted1015.gif

StreamlineCarbonassorted1018.gif

StreamlineCarbonassorted1020.gif

StreamlineCarbonassorted1021.gif

StreamlineCarbonassorted1023.gif

StreamlineCarbonassorted1024.gif

StreamlineCarbonassorted1025.gif

StreamlineCarbonassorted1026.gif

StreamlineCarbonassorted1027.gif

StreamlineCarbonassorted1028.gif

Side mouldings with 4x4 twill, pre preg covers, need fettling, prepping for lacquer (lots of) will progress this week fingers crossed. We also have replacement headlamp washer blanks to go on the front bumper, just time at the minute.

StreamlineCarbonassorted1004.jpg

If it stays then dash and door cards (full OEM spec), if she goes, then a lucky owner as it is a really great, genuine car, goes like stink for what it is and quite stealth & subtle (without the stickers, lol)

Cheers

Bic

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Have u sold it yet?
My templates are on there way to u mate.

What was that about a dash?
Were u going to do a carbon dash?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Not sold no, a little bit undecided at the minute.

Cool will get the part sorted for you

if I keep the car then yes we will be doing carbon dash and door cards :)

bic

Land Rover Discovery
lol i know i know

Well i am colour coding the bonnet up to the swage lines in line with the headlight, if that makes sense and also the rear face of spoiler going blue too, should look nice and subtle.

Pics next week of it done but for now, she is cleaner at least :)
clio1.gif