ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test drove a 172 cup today

325ci sport cab 2004
Had today off work and the local vauxhall dealer have a 52 plate cup for 8k.

Turned up, the car looked the bolx, i've heard all about the cheap interior but i thought it was ok, seats reminded me of my r5 raider i used to have.

Naturally went for a spin and after reading sooo much on this forum i was over whelmed with it all.

Test drive was spot on, suspension hard but loved it, it pulled well nice from low down, had a few chances to go beyond this 5k that i hear about and blimey oh riley, torque steer and manic acceleration and a dif sound in the engine. I fooking loved it, it really flew. So think i'll buy this one or another one shortly, I was also amazed that there was no deant at all in the bodywork, expected some but this thing was immac.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice...that's exactly how it felt when I took mine out for the first time.

Get one quick...judging by the bias on the Greenlight insurance thread, there'll be none left after winter LOL

Renaultsport Clio 182
I loved the 172 Cup when I drove one. They're stunning to look at for a start, and like you say, a really fun drive.
I still really fancy one, though think I'll be going down the 182 route as I'm not 'hardcore' enough for no ABS etc :D

Remapped derv Golf
You can have my 53 reg Cup for 8K.

It's got a years warrenty left and only 5000 miles.

My cousin just sold his 52 reg with 24000 on for 7.1k

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1
go for the CUP matey.. i loved my wee cup.. but i'm on the other side now with a big bad full fat 182 lol

honestly either/or, you won't be dissappointed, biggest bang for your buck this side of £14,000...

cup cup . i love mine although i would have a valver again .where you gettin the cup from there is one at lookers in chester 52 reg .

A4 Avant & A3
i felt exactly the same when i drove the cup i now own .... i got mine from a stealer too, but at the time the 53 plate with CC 8500k on the clock for £8300 i was well pleased and still am.

Just drive past the same dealer today actually & theres a 52 plater in there for £7999 (SJ Cooks, Bristol)