ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The daily driver... E36 328i Sport

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
As i'm turning 21 im a couple of weeks, and Admiral gave me an excellent multicar quote, I decided it was time I got a daily.

I've wanted an E36 for years, on Tuesday, I finally got one.

It's exactly the spec I wanted, a genuine sport, original wheels, Techno Violet, no spoiler, 18 button OBC, manual transmission :)

This has a few very nice OEM mods too, such as an M3 LSD, M3 clocks with working oil tempereture (which kind of sealed the deal, i love a good oil temp gauge), M50 inlet manifold, and the shorter E46 Sport gearnob.

It also has Eibach Pro springs and was recently rebushed. Drives as it should, it's a credit to the previous owners. The car was only advertised on BMWowner and its clearly been enthusiast owned which is lovely to know.

9168759984_9b093b6b92_c.jpg

002.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
9166538701_033d896a2f_c.jpg

019.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
9168761438_8da7408e6a_c.jpg

004.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
9168731028_bebd79771b_c.jpg

031.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
9168727752_8f16abdcde_c.jpg

029.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
9166504797_69e53d7624_c.jpg

012.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
9168719532_8f90b88d7c_c.jpg

008.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
9166502261_c11b8f7958_c.jpg

009.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr
9168716012_86ab5c5e61_c.jpg

006.jpg by DanielJames., on Flickr

It's brilliant on the commute, the way I've been describing it to people is that it feels like a car should, before manufacturers started focusing on saving the planet, back when they just made nice cars that will last :)

What do you think, will Sir Dave approve?

Dan

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Merlin Purple from Audi, Sepang Bronze from BMW then Techno from BMW.

Techno looks brilliant on e36's, i adore these so much! Great mods aswell!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks superb. Colour actually works in comparison to the E46 M3 which looks pants in that colour.

Needs a spoiler though. Looks weird like that at the back.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good.

Although I see no point in it as you've got a perfectly good Integra to use every day?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice mate. A chap round the corner owns one of these in this colour but it's a little bit gangster lol.

172 Ph2
I had a 323i, one of the best driving positions in a car I think with the wrap around dash.

The straight 6 as well was a spot on engine, sounded awesome.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Thanks all, thought you'd all like it :) Too many replies to give everyone a thankyou, but to those who asked questions..

Very much so!! Probably the nicest 328i Sport ive seen tbh. Best exterior/interior colours, & its looks mint. I reckon u'll sell the ITR now ...

Quite the compliment! It is one of the best I've seen too though, I had to buy it when I saw it.

Anythings possible, but I do love the ITR. It's going to be nice to be able to spend some time/money on it and not have to worry about it being in a fit condition to drive to work Monday morning..

Looks good.

Although I see no point in it as you've got a perfectly good Integra to use every day?

The Integra will get me to work and back no problem everyday, of course... but if you've been in an Integra you'll know that sitting on the motorway for an hour a day is not their forté.

If you haven't been in one, 4k RPM, no sound deadening and a crappy radio don't really make for a good commuter.

The E36 fills the gaps in exactly what the Integra fails to do, by design of course, I wouldn't take the Integra any other way. And as said above, it's going to be nice to be able to work on the Integra without having to use it for the commute.

I could argue again that, insuring both these cars, taxing them both, etc, will cost less than the depreciation alone on what some of my peers are spending on little 1.2 Corsas for example. Both pretty cool cars too IMO :) I'm dead chuffed.

I bloody love that! FYI the gear knob is a weighted zhp knob.

Proper nice car though, awesome.

Thanks man, BMW crew on here is epic.

Ah, knew there would be a proper name for it! I used to call my E46 a ZHP on E46fanatics to look cool with the yanks :cool:

Any rust?

I'd be lying if I said there wasn't, but it's minimal, and certainly doesn't put a downer on the car at all.

Any pics of yours? :)

What's the mpglike as a daily driver then mate?

Epic to be honest, no worse than my Integra I don't think despite being a litre larger

I haven't really done any tests yet, but driving back from edinburgh along the A68, going to work all last week and going out for a 20 mile blast yesterday to learn the car has given me 33mpg on the trip computer over the first 500 miles...

My commute really does bring out the best in cars though, I have no choice but to go around 60mph for the bulk of 25 miles with only a few roundabouts. When coming in last week I reset it before setting off, and it gave me an indicated 37.4mpg! It's getting a full tank of shells finest on the way home today so will be able to let you know shortly. The only problem is my gym is in the centre of Doncaster which would kill any cars MPG so we will see.

I've budgeted for the car to give me 30mpg, so anything over that is free petrol as far as I'm concerned :D

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Thanks bud

simple things please simple minds, but driving to work after discovering the rear windows have pop out rear windows was ace!

5C359C69-0FC4-432D-BA1D-7FC271D048C1-12008-000002D73BD4A18F_zps53bb11cf.jpg

I love this feature, should be on every 2 door car :)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
See I quite like popping my poppers

and I can leave them open during the day in the work car park, where as electric ones would shut when I locked her