ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
yep ^^. I'm assuming the tube is to attach to the throttle body. Thr metal sleeve goes inbetween that and the filter.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
We've all been there, I still am sometimes. It's the little things that make real sense afterwards but are an absolute brain freeze at the time.

Take in the morning for example. Shirt or tie first. I mean come on!!

:)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
My ph1 box has been rubbing the rad pipe for some time and I think it's only a matter of time before it cuts through, maybe.

Might get on this little set up but just wondering what most do with the oil breather? Don't think mine breaths heavy or anything but just curious.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Use the standard elbow, plus metal joiner and then filter. Keeps the standard oil breather then
IMG_20150605_132520.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers lads I'd probably do as above with the standard elbow seen as I'm not fussed about it looking pretty. Didn't really consider that lol.

Does anyone genuinely recommend the filter over standard lol im sure mine was down on power . Mind over matter? ?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Does anyone genuinely recommend the filter over standard lol im sure mine was down on power . Mind over matter? ?
Ive recently put my airbox back on as the fattys filter wouldn't fit with my new battery. It genuinely feels that little bit more lethargic with the airbox back on. It could be the lack of noise but I'm sure it feels that little less eager.

Its going back on today anyway once I attack the car with an angle grinder :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My ph1 box has been rubbing the rad pipe for some time and I think it's only a matter of time before it cuts through, maybe.

Might get on this little set up but just wondering what most do with the oil breather? Don't think mine breaths heavy or anything but just curious.

Some make one, I think mark @Dr Jekyll mafe one?

In trying to remember what I did. I think not a lot tbh

I didn't know you had another ph1? @Adamm.

As Dan said, I used this setup on my ph1.

17211800356_f7a5b1c6b8_z.jpg

17137847687_a2dea68be4_z.jpg

Well fitted mine today and I have to honest I'm not impressed. I have a really bad metallic resonating sound which is driving me potty. I've noticed that my aluminium pipe is about 5cm longer than the one on the front page. Surely though the extra length wouldn't make it resonate or would it?

Pic of my install
db3cc2726c51d2e3d358a0fe070c8d3e.jpg

I've tried cable tiring it on place moving the pipe and filter but still makes no difference.[emoji20]

Anyone else's doing this?.

I may well cut 25mm off each end and see if that makes any difference I will though lose my flange

Last edited:
Yep tried this still makes no difference . Still got this awful metallic resonating. The feed for the acoustic valve is all blocked off as well.

No not yet just loosened it all and tried moving it about. It's v tight in there I'm using the bigger filter and with the pipe being longer I'm thinking this is my issue. I'll take a part and report back.

It does sound impressive at 5k if only I can get rid of this initial resonance it has. I'm only hearing it with the Windows up so I'm guessing the extra length of pipe is making it create the noise.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
But I can't understand why the pipe you bought from the origional company should be any different to yours. I had the larger filter, it's a squeeze lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok, I thought you'd gotten rid of the 182 and gone back to the old skool!

They are a tight fit in the bay. In fact it was a relief to get rid of my original box for the kit I have, not just for sound but for the space and ease of removal.

Last edited:
But I can't understand why the pipe you bought from the origional company should be any different to yours. I had the larger filter, it's a squeeze lol
Had it a part cut my pipe down to the right length and its still making a high pitched resonating sound when you just touch the throttle. The only thing I can think is that as the pipe is aluminium it's making it have a high pitch resonating whistle when the throttle is just touched. Certainly turns heads when the throttle is fully open though. I have to say the jury's out on this mod. If I can get rid of the annoying high pitch sound I'll be happy.
e2e26d2ac49e5361348f9f7eba37c17a.jpg

Is it the metal pipe touching the bracket area? Stick in a piece of sponge or similar to stop the metal on metal
Already but a pics off piping on there. So no noise.
Looks like it should be. The filter ok etc?
Yet filter is fine where it is. It's a right fit. It's touching the battery and the fuse box cover.
Any videos of the noise?

Same setup as mine but I've got no weird noises
I'm trying to get photobucket to upload one off my dash cam. It's taking for ever. It might just be one of those things. I have to admit I've not had an induction kit on a car since I was 21. I'm now 34.

I'll get a vid up asap

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I've put mine back on today. Had to cut and bend some metal out of the way to get it in. Its seriously tight in there now and I'm not entirely happy with how its sitting. May have to come up with a new plan.

With the acoustic valve removed, is there enough room to run the filter down into the corner of the bumper? I've not really had a look

I've put mine back on today. Had to cut and bend some metal out of the way to get it in. Its seriously tight in there now and I'm not entirely happy with how its sitting. May have to come up with a new plan.

With the acoustic valve removed, is there enough room to run the filter down into the corner of the bumper? I've not really had a look
Horn is in the way and I'm not convinced you would get a 70mm pipe down through the gap where the cold feed attaches to the acoustic valve

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If you need the filter, need to Check neck id so it fits, let me know. I don't want anything for it, just cover postage