ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Fatty's KTEC alternative induction setup that works just as well!

Tbf i'm looking at getting this one (just need to check i have clearance)
Screenshot_2017-01-01-19-53-53.png

Clio RS
I have the jms induction kit although with the standard airbox instead of the v6

would love this, just for the sound alone. just wondering where I can get the parts now? seeing that the topic is a bit old. have the 90 degree bend from sfs so just the piping and filter? who makes the battery cover with airfilter airbox?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have the jms induction kit although with the standard airbox instead of the v6

would love this, just for the sound alone. just wondering where I can get the parts now? seeing that the topic is a bit old. have the 90 degree bend from sfs so just the piping and filter? who makes the battery cover with airfilter airbox?

@MarcR™ ref the covers if he has any left
The pipes you can still buy. Very straight forward tbh

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/battery-induction-cover-gb2.801753/

Im personally going for silicone piping anyways, just showing other options for filter's depending which route you go down.. Ramair website it's self is the cheapest place ATM to get the filter as they have discount codes available

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
They do sell the filter that's similar, metal based as apposed the rubber.

Ring and ask to speak to Ryan, he should help.

Clio RS 182
Hi there!

I am looking for this induction kit instead of ktec's. I read the whole thread but I feel a little bit lost because almost everyone needs only one or two parts of the kit. I need all of the parts, but some links are obsolete. I have the standard Airbox with filter.
Could somebody, please, post updated links for the whole kit? I need to buy it on Ebay or any shop that ships to Spain. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
PS. Sorry for my English!

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RS 182
  Clio RS 182
Out of stock :(
I am looking for another seller to purchase this same item.
I am thinking of buying the coloured one. Is it easy to cut down? What do I need for that?

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 98

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Seeing as though I've got my name down for the battery cover group buy, thought I'd better get thinking about buying the fatty induction stuff.

Thinking of going for the full silicone jobby like @Dr Jekyll

Cheapest I found is these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/70mm-Blac...em4d384cc06f:g:XMkAAOSwVL1V-dt0#ht_1043wt_959

So I'll need 2 of them, 2 joiners (one to attached the pipes together and the other for the filter), the filter obvs and filter and pipe for the IVC. That's everything?

Because I'm using 2 silicone hoses, I've seen people that don't use jubilee clips on the joiner. Are the jubilee clips actually needed? If so think I'll opt for some Black ones.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
@leeds2592

Sorry for the late reply, I only see the tag when I replied earlier.

I'll dig out the link when I get a mo as i believe there are 2 sizes with this filter. I think it's 135mm.

No worries mate and there's no rush either, as I say it'll be next months purchase for me.

Hi guys, I've been through the last 15 pages and not seen anyone using a K&N Air Filter.

I've always liked the way they sound, but is there a reason why people aren't using them?

Maybe its just me, but that filter looks quite restrictive.
HAHAHA how did you come to that conclusion? In the past I've used cotton (K&N, Jetex, universal), foam (ITG & Pipercross) & dry-flow (AEM fibrous type material) and all do a similar job in reality, some will filter a tad better, others will flow a tad more, and they all sound a little different too. From what I've read you want a filter with a decent surface area to suck as much air as possible, especially with an N/A engine.