ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Mick is such a sexy ginger b*****d!

Knew he’d get it sorted for you mate 👍

Enjoy it, come and visit the Flexus... and Diego 😄

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Holy f**k a duck!

Yes Andy, great to see.
Hahaha, cheers mate!
A few minor bits 'n' bobs to sort but it is largely there now. Finally! :)

Looks like the airbag is still rotting away in Somerset somewhere mate. ;)
P**s off - don't even go there mate! :ROFLMAO::p

Mick is such a sexy ginger b*****d!

Knew he’d get it sorted for you mate 👍

Enjoy it, come and visit the Flexus... and Diego 😄
I would LOVE to visit... Diego. :)
Seriously, more than happy to take a trip over to visit, check out the Flexus and to say hello to the phantom farter that is Diego. :D(y)

Great stuff, really happy for you :cool:
Thanks fella - appreciate it. :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent news. Excellent news indeed.
Sure is mate. I can't wait for the Trophy Welsh Weekender in September! I've been to every single one, but this will be the first time I've actually driven it in my own Trophy! :)

Such great news seeing these photos Andy. Really happy for you!
Cheers Slim! Keep up the great work fella, you're smashing it. :)

Very happy for you! 😅
Hahaha, cheers fella! :)

That engine looks familiar ;)
Great news mate looking forward to bringing the cup over and catching up .
It does? I got it from some cowboy in the southwest... ;) Joking aside, the engine seems absolutely fine mate. It just needs a tank of fresh fuel and a set of new injectors.

Yes, bring the Cup over and I'll take you out for a spin in the... Abarth! If her indoors will let me. :p I know a few roads that both your Cup and my Trophy will enjoy...

Great news Andy!!
Cheers Chris. The question is... which car do I take to CSF?

Fantastic news Andy :)
Thanks Paul, see you at the Weekender... ;)

I know, about bl00dy time. I might take it to Mamhilad this year! :ROFLMAO:

Awesome! It's coming to CSF yes?
It's a strong possibility mate. That said, there are some great driving roads on the way up and the Porker loved them last year so... If my missus is free that weekend then we will probably bring both along. Failing that, it's a toss of the coin. :ROFLMAO:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It is a standard engine isn't it?
The engine that has now gone in is standard, yes. It hasn't just been the engine though. Folks have assumed it has just been an engine build but it was a bit more than that. Most of the car has been affected in some way and to get it back with so many parts missing has been a pain to sort out.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The engine that has now gone in is standard, yes. It hasn't just been the engine though. Folks have assumed it has just been an engine build but it was a bit more than that. Most of the car has been affected in some way and to get it back with so many parts missing has been a pain to sort out.
Did you buy a whole other car and swap parts into the trophy?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
How do you mean sorry, like custom bits and stuff?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Did you buy a whole other car and swap parts into the trophy?
No mate - no donor car(s). It's just been a case of identifying what's missing, what's needed, find and buy the relevant bits (preferably new depending on cost and/or condition of secondhand parts). A lot of parts are no longer available (it is a 15 year-old car) which makes it a bit more of a pain. Trying to keep the cost balance sensible as I'm reluctant to spend much more on it other than is what absolutely necessary to get it back to standard.

How do you mean sorry, like custom bits and stuff?
Yeah, custom bits and trying out a few new things (which, obviously, never happened). No disrespect fella but I'm not going back over the story! :ROFLMAO::cool:(y)

Pretty much sums it up! :)

Wow - the phoenix of a Clio rises again!

Seriously - this car must be on the verge of becoming an urban legend with what its been through!
:ROFLMAO: I'm not sure about being an urban legend but it might well become a burnt-out crisp at the first sign of trouble in the future!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I havent looked in this thread for years, I genuinely cant believe how unlucky you've been with poor workmanship and putting faith in the wrong people.

I'm glad to see the car is getting back on track and you can actually enjoy it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I havent looked in this thread for years, I genuinely cant believe how unlucky you've been with poor workmanship and putting faith in the wrong people.

I'm glad to see the car is getting back on track and you can actually enjoy it.
Thank you mate - we got there in the end! (y)

Do you have an estimated time of its return?
The last few remaining parts are on their way, it's practically drive-able (although a bit loud without the exhaust fitted and no airbox) so it won't be too long now. Mick is moving workshop towards the end of the month but it should not impact too badly at all in terms of finishing off the car. The fact that Mick intends to drive my Trophy from the old workshop to his new one suggests it is pretty close now... :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
April 2020 - Update

It seems as though everything is conspiring against me in terms of trying to get #165 home...! Of course, there are more urgent and serious matters to deal with at the moment but I am happy to report that Le Clio B*stard Rouge is alive and well. The lock-down has meant that we aren't fully over the finishing line yet but we have half of a leading big-toe across it. The engine appears strong, the gearbox is good and it drives beautifully.

Unfortunately, more expenditure is needed due to the secondhand exhaust and cat I bought being battered and unfit for purpose. The cat has been hollowed out for a start. Really useful come MOT time. Hence, a full 182 exhaust system is needed as soon as lock-down is lifted. Other than that it is minor things - new brake discs and pads, new wheel bearings, changes to the clock to reflect the true mileage and then MOT time. A new bonnet will be bought as I want rid of the AeroCatch quick release fittings now that the car is back to standard.

So close, so close. (y)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Since when has a new bonnet been a minor thing?! 😁

I want a new bonnet and I'm classing it as a big thing!

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
How you planning to get the mileage sorted, I've tried 3 different guys who do mileage correction and they've all said no, one said he could do it but it might cause other issues so doesn't want to risk it!

Tried to find one with close mileage second hand but that's been a pain tbh, most arrive wrong miles, damagrd or "modified" with blacked out airbag lights etc

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Any further updates?
No mate - everything has come to a complete halt due to lockdown. There's not much that can be done at the moment unfortunately. :(

How you planning to get the mileage sorted, I've tried 3 different guys who do mileage correction and they've all said no, one said he could do it but it might cause other issues so doesn't want to risk it!

Tried to find one with close mileage second hand but that's been a pain tbh, most arrive wrong miles, damagrd or "modified" with blacked out airbag lights etc
I'm relying on my Mick-anic to sort it - he knows, and has used, a guy for this sort of thing before. As things are currently at a standstill I'm afraid I don't have any more information right now.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
July 2020 - Update

As things are starting to get back towards something resembling normal (or the 'new' normal) I'm happy to be able to post up another little update...

It has been a long, tiring and expensive journey. Alas, a journey that finally seems to be coming to an end. Had the world not gone batsh!t crazy due to the 'Rona then I feel that Le Clio B'stard Rouge would already be home. That is not quite the case yet, but it's oh so close.

During a 420 mile roadtrip the other day I dropped off a few parts for Mick at Diamond Motors. Another step closer to completion! I was also able to experience, firsthand, the car running. Hallelujah! I've not driven it since late 2014 / early 2015 and I've only seen it a handful of times since... yet seem to have accrued some 120,000 miles from somewhere. I'm incredibly excited to be getting it back in the very near future and I am happy to report that it goes well, pulls well and stops like crap. I'm not so happy about the crap brakes bit but am grateful that Mick was able to confirm the crap-ness of the brakes as he despondently sailed past the junction that he had fully intended on taking moments earlier... 😂 Hopefully the brake kit I dropped off will help remedy that one! I can't even remember if this is the 4th or 5th engine (and similar for gearboxes) but it seems - touch wood - I may have finally lucked-out with this setup. Here's hoping.

20200716_122608.jpg

20200716_133138.jpg

20200716_140313.jpg

20200716_140325.jpg

20200716_140340.jpg

20200716_140350.jpg

I fear there are going to be arguments over who gets to wear the 'T44PHY' plate...

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Love the arrangement of all the red...including the bins 😂

Really pleased it’s running, you’ve seen it running and it’s very close to being home. Good luck for the last push.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Much less pink than I remember 😂
Come on, let's be honest... it hasn't exactly seen much in the way of UV or sunlight recently... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Great news mate,
120k miles , well I can confirm the new engine has done about half that. 😂
Cheers Marc! I'm not going to lie... you've sold me a cracking engine by the looks of it fella. 60-odd thousand miles and it's a strong 'un! (y)

Love the arrangement of all the red...including the bins 😂

Really pleased it’s running, you’ve seen it running and it’s very close to being home. Good luck for the last push.
Thank you mate. At first glance it's hard to tell which is bin and which is car... damn those Capsicum Red and Guards Red Biffa bins. :p The new exhaust is the last 'big' item really... and an Orbisoud has come up for sale. I am struggling to justify the cost though as I'm done spending big on it. Especially when I still have to pay the bill for the work I've had done.

Good to see all three skips together!
I have nothing to add. Git. :LOL:(y)