ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The VW Audi Skoda Seat Thread

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Literally just copying from the BMW thread. Felt like my new daily wasn't something which required it's own thread...

Had this a couple of weeks now. Really am loving every aspect of it.
I had originally planned on getting an F11 530/5d. But having driven my fathers on a number of occasions, I just couldn't bring myself round to accepting the steering feel or lack thereof over how my E61 drove.
Really wanted an X5, but numerous stories about differential problems, and the sheer value of them £ for £, I ended up with this.

treg.jpg

treg1.jpg

It's a peasant edition SE, but does have a few of the essential option boxes ticked - namely air suspension, the OEM tow package, dynamic audio, and the fancy headlights. Fitted some chonky boy tyres on some smaller 18" wheels over the weekend. Was quite surprised to find that the car handles no differently compared to the more road focused 19" tyres and wheels which I removed.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Literally just copying from the BMW thread. Felt like my new daily wasn't something which required it's own thread...

Had this a couple of weeks now. Really am loving every aspect of it.
I had originally planned on getting an F11 530/5d. But having driven my fathers on a number of occasions, I just couldn't bring myself round to accepting the steering feel or lack thereof over how my E61 drove.
Really wanted an X5, but numerous stories about differential problems, and the sheer value of them £ for £, I ended up with this.

View attachment 1570426

View attachment 1570427

It's a peasant edition SE, but does have a few of the essential option boxes ticked - namely air suspension, the OEM tow package, dynamic audio, and the fancy headlights. Fitted some chonky boy tyres on some smaller 18" wheels over the weekend. Was quite surprised to find that the car handles no differently compared to the more road focused 19" tyres and wheels which I removed.

Chonk tyres FTW

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tbf, @Daniel is comparing it to the first DSG gearbox from just after the war so i see why he’s being short sighted with it.👀
No no, I’m using my good friend who works at Milta.

he said that if you buy a brand new car with a DSG gearbox and have it serviced every 2 years, it will probably last forever. But skip just one of those services and it will break. And seeing as most of the brand new cars are lease/company cars for the first 3-4 years and therefore won’t ever have had the gearbox serviced, they’re all a ticking time bomb.

he told us this when we went to collect the 13,000 mile one owner from new with Full main dealer service history Skoda that had just shat it’s gearbox out and then gave us a beautiful £1,400 bill.

absolute junk. 😂