ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The VW Audi Skoda Seat Thread

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Trying to find the right one. Have two of four currently on the market that have everything I want (7.5 estate in blue with a sunroof, keyless and reversing camera). Drove the first on Monday and loved it, but they're cocking me around on trade in value (because they don't want it). Second I'll be seeing on Saturday.

Definitely hang on for the one you want there are plenty out there!

Reactions: JD

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
As we've got a baby on the way I fancied something with a decent amount of room for buggies and other assorted baby crap, so I got this Harvard blue 2018 VW Passat R-Line DSG. It's got the 150ps 2.0 TDi engine so it's got a decent amount of grunt, enough for me anyway. It has the bigger infotainment screen with Android auto & nav etc, pan roof,, 3-zone climate control, spare wheel and a CD player(!) as options I think and the rest that it comes with as standard such as auto lights/wipers, front & rear sensors and ergocomfort front seats which are sports seats that have electric adjustment for some bits but not others. There's plenty of room in the back seats and isofix mounts, plus the boot is cavernous.

20220909_144846.jpg
20220909_144855.jpg
20220909_144906.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It makes a difference in terms of acceleration as the wheels don’t hop around any more.

You can feel the vibrations mainly on start up and idle but wouldn’t say it’s mega intrusive, just come back from the lakes and car felt perfectly fine. I suppose yellow would have been more suitable but they didn’t have it in stock at awesome when I called down so went for the purple simply because I’m impatient.

I went yellow then red. Red is absolutely perfect

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Red? That isn’t a power flex one is it?

Haven’t got a thread up yet. All I can say is that this is the perfect all rounder compared to my late hatch.

View attachment 1611228

Purple is harshest think 80A
Yellow 70A
Red (supposed to be for shaky dervs) 65A

That's exactly what I'd like! Blue/red one with DSG, Haldex, Digi dash, DCC and heated bucket seats. Need a DSG soon, gettin old and lazy(er)

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Purple is harshest think 80A
Yellow 70A
Red (supposed to be for shaky dervs) 65A

That's exactly what I'd like! Blue/red one with DSG, Haldex, Digi dash, DCC and heated bucket seats. Need a DSG soon, gettin old and lazy(er)

You got a link?

All late model estates are DSG & AWD with Digi dash and DCC.

Lux models have heated seats but also keyless go which I didn’t want so went for the standard model with the conventional key.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
You got a link?

All late model estates are DSG & AWD with Digi dash and DCC.

Lux models have heated seats but also keyless go which I didn’t want so went for the standard model with the conventional key.

To the powerflex inserts? They're just on awesome GTi mate, etc. Actually I have a spare red one here if you want it - I swapped subframes but lost the bolt and cup so can't sell it or refit it. V1 I think this one is.

The yellow was ok until summer when the AC came on and the car was a bit Michael J Fox.

Yeah don't want the full leather in the lux either, doesn't look like many Cupras came with the winter pack box ticked. Carbon edition looks nice too but ideally prefer a non monotone colour car this time.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Carbons we’re on my list but they were more £££ for an older car, albeit only 12 months older and slightly higher mileage and like you said a bit of a boring colour.

Red? That isn’t a power flex one is it?

Haven’t got a thread up yet. All I can say is that this is the perfect all rounder compared to my late hatch.

View attachment 1611228

Out of interest, did you opt for this over a Golf R estate, or it just came up right spec etc? They seem to be nigh on identical (say what you will about badge snobbery and interior quality), and yet the Golfs seem far more common!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Out of interest, did you opt for this over a Golf R estate, or it just came up right spec etc? They seem to be nigh on identical (say what you will about badge snobbery and interior quality), and yet the Golfs seem far more common!
When i was looking at them earlier on in the the year, the Golf R estates have a MUCH better residual on them, which is useful for finance/PCP etc.
£20k Golf R estate had a £10k residual at 4 years, Leon was £6k.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

Golf R wasn’t even a consideration. They get the wrong attention and to be honest I love the look of the Leon especially in estate form. We had a hatch briefly so were happy with the creature comforts and the quality of them that it came with as standard, the Lux does offer a bit more but we didn’t want keyless so stuck with the best standard example we could find.

Plus being bias the blue is a stunning colour 😍

F20F9F03-E3B0-418C-9C59-D14E196E1AB2.jpeg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Golf R wasn’t even a consideration. They get the wrong attention and to be honest I love the look of the Leon especially in estate form. We had a hatch briefly so were happy with the creature comforts and the quality of them that it came with as standard, the Lux does offer a bit more but we didn’t want keyless so stuck with the best standard example we could find.

Plus being bias the blue is a stunning colour 😍

View attachment 1611624

Ive seen a couple in a really light harsh blue too. Nasty colour that is, bit odd. Red would be my pick then blue. Just anything but black!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Ive seen a couple in a really light harsh blue too. Nasty colour that is, bit odd. Red would be my pick then blue. Just anything but black!

From memory the light blue were pre-facelift and fwd.

There is a really nice metallic red they do which they had one of on Cazoo, but didn’t fancy buying a car which you couldn’t take a look at first.

When i was looking at them earlier on in the the year, the Golf R estates have a MUCH better residual on them, which is useful for finance/PCP etc.
£20k Golf R estate had a £10k residual at 4 years, Leon was £6k.
Interesting (and hello!).

Spotted your avatar too, Dave - mind if I drop you a note?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
From memory the light blue were pre-facelift and fwd.

There is a really nice metallic red they do which they had one of on Cazoo, but didn’t fancy buying a car which you couldn’t take a look at first.

You can't view them on cazoo? The dark red is awesome

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
You can't view them on cazoo? The dark red is awesome

They are an online retailer. Don’t know how it works 100% but when I rang up and enquired they said I couldn’t pop down and view the car for whatever reason (I forget now).

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I swear to god I’m f**king cursed.

Car lit up like a Christmas tree before and left us stranded. Managed to get the car home and then this happened.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Please excuse the terrible explanation.

I haven’t jumped it.

It’s just acting weird as the first time I put the code reader in when we were stranded I just cleared a few to try and get it going and the car worked as normal. I got home and it started again with the lights on the dash and a whole host of messages.

It was doing the pulse thing in the video when I removed the keys. Putting them back in just brought the lights back up and the pulsing stopped. However once trying to get the codes off again but this time not clearing them they seemed to extinguish them by itself once I had disconnected the code reader.

I’ve never came across this issue before

Had the car less than a week and a catalog of events from today is severely getting me down with it 😟

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I’d say the battery is fucked. Too many faults all at once to be much else given how reliable they are.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
These MQB platform cars really eat batteries if stood unused for a relatively short period of time ( like stood on a forecourt for sale for a month or two ) , my guess is the battery fully discharged and when you bought it they just gave it a good charge but unfortunately the smart charging on these will not fully charge the battery when in use if it detects the battery has a "low state of charge" ( SOT on the hidden dash menu) so the battery never properly recovers, if it is the battery at fault you'll need to "code" the battery into the ecu, it's doesn't actually code bugger all but in fact just resets the smart charge system to fully charge the new battery.

Am I getting old and slow?

19" Pretoria alloys on my Golf R are black and I want to go back to silver. £400+ for a refurb to a decent standard. Original wheels are known for being soft as chocolate. CM wheels appear to be the going choice (link here). £550 brand new... in fact selling my old ones with 4mm decent tyres appears to net me approx £750 so I could basically buy brand new wheels and tyres for a £200 ish outlay.

Am I going mad?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
These MQB platform cars really eat batteries if stood unused for a relatively short period of time ( like stood on a forecourt for sale for a month or two ) , my guess is the battery fully discharged and when you bought it they just gave it a good charge but unfortunately the smart charging on these will not fully charge the battery when in use if it detects the battery has a "low state of charge" ( SOT on the hidden dash menu) so the battery never properly recovers, if it is the battery at fault you'll need to "code" the battery into the ecu, it's doesn't actually code bugger all but in fact just resets the smart charge system to fully charge the new battery.

The start/stop feature allegedly eats the batteries, bloody dear as well. For anyone going for a Golf R/Cupra/S3 i’d have the start stop coded out, the AGM battery replacement is expensive and can’t imagine the start stop is actually doing any good to the rest of the running gear.

Used to hate when giving the Golf R a sore time then arrive at traffic lights for the engine (which was piping hot) to stop because i forgot to press the button to turn it off😫

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Turning S/S off is now part of my routine. Get in, turn key, as the needles sweep turn S/S off, engine on.

I’ve never coded it out as it’s not a proper code out? Just changing the parameters of when S/S doesn’t activate? I’ve noticed some S/S options when scrolling through OBDeleven but I’m not brave enough to piss around with them…on my car anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Am I getting old and slow?

19" Pretoria alloys on my Golf R are black and I want to go back to silver. £400+ for a refurb to a decent standard. Original wheels are known for being soft as chocolate. CM wheels appear to be the going choice (link here). £550 brand new... in fact selling my old ones with 4mm decent tyres appears to net me approx £750 so I could basically buy brand new wheels and tyres for a £200 ish outlay.

Am I going mad?

They must be even softer for that price!! Get the t roc R prets they are stronger

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
The start/stop feature allegedly eats the batteries, bloody dear as well. For anyone going for a Golf R/Cupra/S3 i’d have the start stop coded out, the AGM battery replacement is expensive and can’t imagine the start stop is actually doing any good to the rest of the running gear.

Used to hate when giving the Golf R a sore time then arrive at traffic lights for the engine (which was piping hot) to stop because i forgot to press the button to turn it off😫

You can buy a harness off Ali express for like £5 that keeps it off. Got one on mine.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Turning S/S off is now part of my routine. Get in, turn key, as the needles sweep turn S/S off, engine on.

I’ve never coded it out as it’s not a proper code out? Just changing the parameters of when S/S doesn’t activate? I’ve noticed some S/S options when scrolling through OBDeleven but I’m not brave enough to piss around with them…on my car anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️
You can buy a harness off Ali express for like £5 that keeps it off. Got one on mine.

If memory serves my mate turned it off with carista? I always forgot to turn it off, drove me mental!

Weirdly its not anywhere near as intrusive in the S1 however that’ll be getting turned off when i get a chance to have it plugged in!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
If memory serves my mate turned it off with carista? I always forgot to turn it off, drove me mental!

Weirdly its not anywhere near as intrusive in the S1 however that’ll be getting turned off when i get a chance to have it plugged in!

Yeah, but that’s not actually turning it off. It’s just changing the parameter for battery voltage. I guess it has the same outcome. It’s just not neat enough for me.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yeah, but that’s not actually turning it off. It’s just changing the parameter for battery voltage. I guess it has the same outcome. It’s just not neat enough for me.

You flick the light switch on and off 10 times before leaving a room or someone will die, don’t you😂

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Suggestions coming in it’s the design and fact they’re 19” ie 35 profile tyre.

I may go 18” with new tyres in that case. Better replacing reps than OEMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ll not struggle for choice, that 5x112 fitment must be the most common out there

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I had the 18 CM prets and buckled them so often I made a jig to straighten them on the lathe at work,
The 19 Brescia (Clubsport wheels) are much much stronger