ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The VW Audi Skoda Seat Thread

I had the 18 CM prets and buckled them so often I made a jig to straighten them on the lathe at work,
The 19 Brescia (Clubsport wheels) are much much stronger

Where are you driving?! I’ve never smashed a wheel so hard it’s damaged it to that extent. Frequently drive in the Lakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Really enjoyed the mk5 golf GTi & Octavia VRS 245.

2 of the best cars we have ever owned to be fair

0851F33A-9B5A-40D4-85F9-26B5A5E77CA2.jpeg

F16F3AD8-B942-46BF-9F28-22783FE357E5.jpeg

also had a 1.8t beetle back in the day that was mapped to 230ish

E0119589-8B6A-461F-9B0D-3C2AE08B5E1F.jpeg

currently have a Skoda Kodiaq Sportline on lease for family duties.

059D2AD8-CF0C-45AA-AC03-42B44AF4B1D8.jpeg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Got the car back from being “fixed”, apparently they replaced some relays and it broke down again with the exact same symptoms on a small trip out after stopping at some shops.

Had the car exactly a week and don’t want to come across as a c**t but what are my rights in handing it back I’ve gave them a chance to sort as they have had it for 2 days and the problem seems to persist and to be honest I have lost complete faith in it?

It wasn’t bought from a main dealer, just a small time fella who deals in performance cars.

If anyone could offer advice I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Got the car back from being “fixed”, apparently they replaced some relays and it broke down again with the exact same symptoms on a small trip out after stopping at some shops.

Had the car exactly a week and don’t want to come across as a c**t but what are my rights in handing it back I’ve gave them a chance to sort as they have had it for 2 days and the problem seems to persist and to be honest I have lost complete faith in it?

It wasn’t bought from a main dealer, just a small time fella who deals in performance cars.

If anyone could offer advice I would appreciate it.
Just email him explaining that you want to exercise your right to reject as he had an opportunity to fix it and failed.
He can’t argue with you, he can’t charge you any fee’s, he has to refund you in full. It’s very easy to do.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Just email him explaining that you want to exercise your right to reject as he had an opportunity to fix it and failed.
He can’t argue with you, he can’t charge you any fee’s, he has to refund you in full. It’s very easy to do.

Does this need to be done via email or can we go down to the dealership and sort it there and then? I’ve already had a call with him and told him we plan on taking the car back to him tomorrow. I think he’s under the impression that this is for him to try and fix it again but we just want our money back now.

Obviously we are going to be out of pocket with vehicle tax and insurance petrol etc, is he responsible for this too or just the cost of the car? I don’t want to come across as petty but we have hardly used the flipping thing.

I’ve never had to do anything like this and it’s stressing me the f**k out and at the moment I don’t have the energy for arguing about a shoddy motor.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Does this need to be done via email or can we go down to the dealership and sort it there and then? I’ve already had a call with him and told him we plan on taking the car back to him tomorrow. I think he’s under the impression that this is for him to try and fix it again but we just want our money back now.

Obviously we are going to be out of pocket with vehicle tax and insurance petrol etc, is he responsible for this too or just the cost of the car? I don’t want to come across as petty but we have hardly used the flipping thing.

I’ve never had to do anything like this and it’s stressing me the f**k out and at the moment I don’t have the energy for arguing about a shoddy motor.
It’s not a shoddy motor, it’s just a car with a fault. It’s not the first and it certainly won’t be the last.

Stop stressing.

Yes you need to keep it all via email. If he doesn’t play ball and you end up in court, you need a paper trail.

You are only entitled to a refund of the cars invoice price. You’ll have to swallow the tax/insurance loss but to be fair that will probably be about £100 so certainly not worth worrying about.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
The problem I have is I’m struggling to find an email address. His website just has phone numbers and postal address. I have text messages the last one being me sending him photos of the cars faults showing on the dash.

Having google searched his business I’ve now uncovered some horror stories about them not giving a toss and telling the buyer to take them to court for example (however which I don’t know are true or not?)

I suppose the issue I have is how the car is actually handed back and how do we get our money back?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I’ve had a few Golf GTIs over the years, but I was quite disappointed with the MK8. Turns out, Volkswagen did me a favour as this thing was just over £18k specced how I want. Near enough half what the MK8 I specced was.

So I had money left over for a t**t plate.

237B6EE0-52E6-43FA-9BE8-6325EAE1334A.jpeg

I’ve done about 20 miles so far and I already love it.
2190956B-0454-4CA3-9F1C-8BF29F0F494A.jpeg

Just enough tech inside to not feel like a shitty old tin box, but enough shitty tin box to have fun.

Only options I wanted in the end was the paint and the Beats Audio system. Everything else I’ll add as I go. Tbh the base spec has AC, heated seats and a DAB stereo so not sure what else I need?

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I’ve had a few Golf GTIs over the years, but I was quite disappointed with the MK8. Turns out, Volkswagen did me a favour as this thing was just over £18k specced how I want. Near enough half what the MK8 I specced was.

So I had money left over for a t**t plate.

View attachment 1612082

I’ve done about 20 miles so far and I already love it.
View attachment 1612083

Just enough tech inside to not feel like a shitty old tin box, but enough shitty tin box to have fun.

Only options I wanted in the end was the paint and the Beats Audio system. Everything else I’ll add as I go. Tbh the base spec has AC, heated seats and a DAB stereo so not sure what else I need?

Very jealous. Looks spot on.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I like the Up! GTI. Wish they had better lights though. Halogens look pauper AF.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I like the Up! GTI. Wish they had better lights though. Halogens look pauper AF.

Easily sorter my guy - very popular upgrade is the LED bulbs, they keep the same beam pattern more or less with the way they’re housed.

Had i realised how much money i’d made from selling my house i’d have f**king kept mine now. :(

@Jason_E
F2BBDAD5-568A-4B0A-AA9B-1C873361E089.jpeg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Very jealous. Looks spot on.
Thanks!
Youtube money ?
I’ve gone from picking up a new M2 Comp to a f**king Up! If this is YouTube cash I don’t want it anymore.
There’s a lot about the Up! That’s poverty.
Easily sorter my guy - very popular upgrade is the LED bulbs, they keep the same beam pattern more or less with the way they’re housed.

Had i realised how much money i’d made from selling my house i’d have f**king kept mine now. :(

@Jason_E
View attachment 1612101
1 shiny boy.

Houses are gay cars are better - facts.

BMW bus
Ordered mine in September 2021, I’m told it’ll be ready early December but I’ll be amazed if it actually is.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I swear to god I’m f**king cursed.

Car lit up like a Christmas tree before and left us stranded. Managed to get the car home and then this happened.

Further to this.

Garage couldn’t fix the issue after several attempts so they have refunded me. Gutted really as it was the perfect car (price/condition).

Now to try and find a replacement.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

It was, but the whole situation with this car left a sour taste in my mouth. Glad to get my money back tbh.

Oh and to add salt into the wounds, equivalent estate prices have gone up substantially since this purchase so am going back to a hatch.

Anyway 3rd attempt.

As said gone back to a hatch this time again.

This one is a 2020 Lux with the heated bucket seats which came as standard on the last ones of this particular model. Red this time as I was clearly having no luck with blue.

0B16260A-8B83-4627-A6D1-C30A65BDB54F.jpeg

BC788F0E-02F8-4E2C-8C72-28E84FA03340.jpeg

I’ll create a thread with the trials and tribulations we have had over the past few months of Seat ownership, hopefully we’ll have this one a bit longer.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Anyone know how you access the Seat online service history.

is there somewhere in the Seat app that shows it.

with our Evoque it’s fairly easy to find on the LR website with just the VIN

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Land rover must be pages long or all the repairs🤣

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Create a login for erWin and its all on there: https://erwin.seat.com/erwin/showDSP.do
Might need a company name/email for it to work - ive got Audi/VW logins, but not Seat, otherwise i'd just pull it for you myself.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 1.8 16V Turbo
Ordered mine in September 2021, I’m told it’ll be ready early December but I’ll be amazed if it actually is.
Had my new Octavia VRS on order for 13 months, got a call last night to say it will be here in November but some of my extra's I specked are not on because things changed in the last 12 months..... we will have to wait and see