ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time Attack Build Begins (Cage in!!!)

If heard people say they have set their AFFF extinguishers off by accident, and all it did was dribble out :)

The most important thing for the AFFF ones is the correct placement, aiming and installation of the nozzels, else they loose most if not all of their effectiveness.

It's typical, Halon extinsguishers were banned because they are bad for the ozone; but i'm guessing their not as bad as the whole car going up, which is definitely happening more now :)

I am probably going to try one of the Lifeline Zero 360 ones in my car, it's a gas discharge one rather than AFFF so hopefully it will stand more of a chance.

fingers crossed i never have to reply on it, but if i do, and its pap, feel free to say ' i told you so ' :D

Don't get me wrong, I think it's good you are putting in more than the minimum required. People too often scrimp on safety and put all the money into performance mods.

I have a Lifeline 2000 in mine at the moment, and the majority of clubman rally cars have the same or an equivilent system :)

80MPG BEEZA
send your mani to camcoat they did mine just inder £200 if i remember coated inside and out which is better then any heat wrap of heat proof paint mate :)

clio 200 F4Rt
send your mani to camcoat they did mine just inder £200 if i remember coated inside and out which is better then any heat wrap of heat proof paint mate :)

funny you should say that! just had an email back from them with a quote of £180 + VAT for it done inside and out!

think i will, cos as you say it s far better than any heat wrap!

clio 200 F4Rt
right, so times is getting on and got so many things to do.

This weekend i wanted to get the final bits of the interior ready.

So it was a case of tidying up the dash where it was cut...

Before:

Picture18-vi.jpg

After:

Picture20-vi.jpg

And the other side tidy too:

Picture016-vi.jpg

So then i masked up the bits i didnt want flocking and boxed it all up ready to go.

Thought i would fit my new mirrors too, seeing as its a 2 min job...

Off with the old electric units:

Picture012-vi.jpg

Then on with the new manual units:

Picture013-vi.jpg

Picture014-vi.jpg

Picture015-vi.jpg

Also i received my genuine Cup Racer towing eye, courtesey of D4ve.

Picture018-vi.jpg

And my final peice of work this weekend was boxing up my 182 manifold ready to be sent of to be ceramic coated.

M

mini-valver

The electric motor mirrors can't weigh much more surely?
Sending my dash off to be flocked soon, canny wait.

clio 200 F4Rt
more of a case of junking the electrics in the door, so i dont have to mess about trying to mount the switches in my carbon door cards.

will be changing to manual windows too, again for the wiring and switch mounting issues.

clio 200 F4Rt
am i sorting the flocked dash matt??

I have managed to get a really good deal with Suffolk Flocking Services mate. so they are gonna sort it.

I just didnt wanna load you guys up with even more of my work!

Plus time is starting to be an issue!

williams 2
am i sorting the flocked dash matt??

I have managed to get a really good deal with Suffolk Flocking Services mate. so they are gonna sort it.

no thats cool, andy hadn't mentioned it so i didnt know. There is a few to do so it would of been a week or so anyway!

clio 200 F4Rt

no thats cool, andy hadn't mentioned it so i didnt know. There is a few to do so it would of been a week or so anyway!

thats cool mate.

the sooner i can get it done the sooner i can sort the interior out!

How is my engine coming along by the way? or should i ask andy? :D

80MPG BEEZA

funny you should say that! just had an email back from them with a quote of £180 + VAT for it done inside and out!

think i will, cos as you say it s far better than any heat wrap!

sure is mate and looks alot better to and it wont fall off and decay and look manky like heat wrap :)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
what do places normally charge for a flocked dash its the tits and i want i want i want. could you do the hole dash istead of just the top would look good i reckon maybe abit ott tho

80MPG BEEZA
what do places normally charge for a flocked dash its the tits and i want i want i want. could you do the hole dash istead of just the top would look good i reckon maybe abit ott tho

i'm having my whole dash done top,glove box,steering column :)

clio 200 F4Rt

i'm having my whole dash done top,glove box,steering column :)

ditto!

i think it looks a bit strange 'just' having the top done, so i am getting the whole lot done.

Tho by the sounds of it there will be more flocked dashes than standard ones soon! lol

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
haha yeah i just presumed it would be mega expensive so would never of thought to look into it.

80MPG BEEZA
got 2 prices so far £55 from gdi and around £200 from sfs

plenty of time yet before its done still havent decided which cage to get yet undecided just how much of a cage i need tbh

clio 200 F4Rt
My home PC has been buggered receently, hence no pic updates.

I have fitted my cup car air ducts (will show the complete lack of quality of these overpriced peices of shite with pics).

Carbon door cards have turned up, a bit on the heavy side due to the amount of fibre glass backing, so gonna get a mate to use them as templates to make up some lighter one's, just pure carbon fibre.

Had a set of Custom Cages seat bars turn up too, as using the cobra extra low subframes dont allow the seat to sit centred against the wheel. So they will be welded in soon enough.

changed all my brakes lines for some Goodrich braided items. So that replaces the rear standard ones, and replaces the Compbrake ones that are way too long.

Still waiting for my dash to come back, Suffolk Flocking is on holiday till 1st March, so should see it soone after then.

My 182 manifold has gone to Cam-Coat to be internally and externally ceramic coated. A week or so turnaround on that.

will try put some pics up over the weekend!

clio 200 F4Rt
ok, pic updates...

front bumper off...

Picture062-vi.jpg

removed fog lamp covers etc, and started cutting to make way for the cup racer brake ducts. It was pretty hard to tell how much to cut away, so it was a case of cut a little, check fitment, cut a little more, check and repeat 50 times.

un cut...

Picture060-vi.jpg

cut....

Picture069-vi.jpg

The fitment of these particular cup ducts is quite possibly the worst i have ever seen. They are not equal to each other, badly made and barely fit in the space they are meant to. I presume these are not original RenaultSport items, but copies of. This meant that there were huge gaps at either end, and it was almost impossible to make them look decent. Not ideal for £150 quid!!!

So the only way to get over this was to user sealer around them. And whilst not the ultimate in looks, i dont think they came out too bad. And luckily with thtis build function comes over form.

Picture099-vi.jpg

Picture100-vi.jpg

Powerflex bushes went on with no hassle....

Picture064-vi.jpg

Picture065-vi.jpg

And finally Goodridge braided hoses went on, which replaced compbrake front ones, as they come waaaaaay too long

Picture066-vi.jpg

and replaced the standard rears

Picture071-vi.jpg

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
good s**t but 150 sheets for them ducts ouch not a chance id pay that i thought 15 quid for mine were expensive lol