ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valuation please :-)

Hi,

Just wondering what people on here would think is a reasonable price for a MkII 172 in Black "51" Reg (Jan2002) good condition apart from the usual stone chips and scuffed alloys, above average miles (40000) as I have to use the car to commute to Leeds and back every week (Im in Norfolk).

Thanks,

Morbius

Around £8000ish ? I base that on the fact that I bought my 02 reg 172 with 9700 miles on it for £8800 but that might just have been cheap.

£9k ? No way sorry. Before I bought mine I was offered 2 MKII 172s in Silver with less miles, both on 02 plates for around £8500. You could try £8995ono and hope for the best, bringing the price down if you get no interest IMHO.

At the end of the day, it is your car and you can ask what you want for it. It is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it at the end of the day.

probably about £7,800 for a reasonable price. It will be worth less cos of the fact that its been superseeded by the 182.

Volvo S60 D5

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 16 March 2004

£9k ? No way sorry. Before I bought mine I was offered 2 MKII 172s in Silver with less miles, both on 02 plates for around £8500. You could try £8995ono and hope for the best, bringing the price down if you get no interest IMHO.

At the end of the day, it is your car and you can ask what you want for it. It is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it at the end of the day.
Was basin £9k on the fact that a Mk1 172 with 60-70k would be advertised for £7,295 etc.. i doubt itd fetch any more than £8.5k even on a good day, as what people advertise their cars for and the amount they actually get vary quite a lot!!!

Clio1400

Thanks for all the replies.....

I think Ill advertise it at £8.5k being prepared to drop it to around £8k if I need to.

Cheers,

Morbius

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Morbius on 17 March 2004
Thanks for all the replies.....

I think Ill advertise it at £8.5k being prepared to drop it to around £8k if I need to.

Cheers,

Morbius

Yes, that sounds about right..