ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver rear brake pad question

OK following on from an earlier thread, i have had a few difficulties trying to change rear brake pads on my 1.8 16v 1991 clio .

Basically the rear outer pads are secured to the caliper with 2 screws but i went to halfords and both the ferodo pads and halfords own brand pads do not have the two holes in the brake pads for the two screws to secure into.

Why is this, what the devil is going on?

anyone else noticed this problem.

Need help asap

Trophy
They are not needed, since these pads fit a number of cars and only renault put the screws in, the aftermarket ones don't come with them.

Mat.

ok thanks for advice. In the end I ended up getting a set of lucas pads which come with the bolt holes but are about £8 more expensive than the ferodos.

My next problem is that i cant remember how the spring goes back on the pads. I thought i had it sussed but the damn springs wont fit right. I dont suppose anyone has a close up picture of there rear brakes.