ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vanquish S

Turbos.
Yesterday should have been brilliant, as i was going to up Manchester to pick up the Vanquish. I wanted to do a cute little photo diary of the day, but after getting an almighty migrain that resulted in me being sick a few times i was glad to get home... shame it took over 5 hours from Manchester to Kent. Worse still, i had to meet the biggest tw*t in football, Robbie Savage.

Breakfast at the airport...

P1070280.jpg

Couple of snaps in the dealer (i puked up about 30 seconds later).

P1070282.jpg

P1070281.jpg

Found this left in the auto-changer. Please God don't let Savage be the last owner!

P1070283.jpg

Arrived home.

P1070286.jpg

A few revs.

th_P1070285.jpg

A few before i went to work this morning.

P1070288.jpg

P1070290.jpg

P1070289.jpg

P1070291.jpg

I'll get some photos that will do her justice soon, even if it's just at my dad's place.

By the look of the plate, Babbage was the last owner;)

That is pure p0rn dude :D!!! Is it yours or for your dad ?
You feeling better now ?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No doubt i'll sound like a tw*t but it's too dated now imo.

I should ammend this post to say I actually love Astons and I understand this one as one of the best they made.

Not sure how much he paid but it would feel too dated to me. :(

Yooof these days tut tut!

Last edited:
  Turbos.
I'm just not sure what mentality you would have to end a sentence with innit...

Looks are subjective, but i'm not sure how you could say it looks dated. I've just got back from following it to my dad's house (it is his) and for me it still looks like a concept car! It always helps to appreciate in the flesh, i'll get it to a CS meet.

It does betray its age inside. Compared to the AMV8 it is staid, and i've never seen such an old school (or crap) sat-nav. The Linn stereo and seats are awesome though, the perfect blend of comfort and body holding.

Handling wise it belies its weight. The steering is fairly light with a built-in weight. I drove it through the tunnel where Ronaldo crashed and it sounded absolutely immense, although it is not as loud as the CSL was. The gearbox is a bit slow but in fairness, it is a GT car. Still, the fact Ferrari did better with the same gearbox shows Aston must have been cost cutting there.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I thought these were starting to look dated, but the exaggerated lines give it better presence than the DB9 or vantage.

Just LOL @ the CD though!

P.S. are you feeling better now?

Turbos.
I've just been to the chemist as it goes so i'm riddled with all sorts of medicines now. Staring at PC screens certainly doesn't help! Thanks for the concern x

Hopefully i'll get an opportunity to share the Aston at some meets. Funnily enough i still got really excited about seeing a 147 GTA on the M40 yesterday... Doesn't matter what type of car it is, i always appreciate something a bit special/rare.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Wouldn't say no to one but the way the rear arch comes out at the back of the doors just looks wrong on these IMO

I'm far from a designer but it ruins the lines of the car

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Awesome!!
Really loving that.

I saw Savage on Weds in a spanking Murcielego, it was amazing!
What is the relevance to the Aston and Savage?!

130i Road, 172 Track
Very nice. Sounds amazing too :cool:

But I agree about the start of the rear shoulder - it looks a bit odd starting near the end of the door, like they couldn't work out what to do! I reckon flared arches need to be symmetrical and exaggerated, like the CLK63 Black or Clio v6.

I think the later Astons look more modern because of the pinch line under the door handles:

aston-martin-v12-vantage-img_12.jpg

Still, awesome car & I'd love one!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Very nice. Sounds amazing too :cool:

But I agree about the start of the rear shoulder - it looks a bit odd starting near the end of the door, like they couldn't work out what to do! I reckon flared arches need to be symmetrical and exaggerated, like the CLK63 Black or Clio v6.

I think the later Astons look more modern because of the pinch line under the door handles:

aston-martin-v12-vantage-img_12.jpg

Still, awesome car & I'd love one!

That is a special car...

I would want this...http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1235093.htm

Also watch this great bit of film...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrQ72zogeE

Last edited:
  Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Love the Vanquish. Not really attractive overall, but it looks awesome and has alot of presence.

ValverInBits
notice how their wheel design has gone down the pan. The V12 vantage wheels look like RipSpeed specials FFS

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Sure, it might not quite have the elegant (read: current modern thinking) design of later model Aston's but it still screams class and sophistication in my most humble of opinions. Great choice.

fiesta 1.25
as much as i prefer the looks of the more modern austins such as the vantage i think theres something about the vanquish it just looks so special.

Is this quicker than the dbs?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
as much as i prefer the looks of the more modern austins such as the vantage i think theres something about the vanquish it just looks so special.

Is this quicker than the dbs?
Only place I can find to confirm this
Drag race @ 3:30
[YOUTUBE]b97UVBCqPXI[/YOUTUBE]

Lovely car mate!

I'd have to agree with some, i think it looks a bit dated now, but still they do have a lot of road presence!

Enjoy! :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The only thing that looks slightly dated (imo) is the rear lights. If you parked that next to most modern sports cars they would look very feminine in comparison.