ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vipers On, Cheers John2modified

VRS
Posty came this morning at 8, viper woz on by quarter past lol
i know they are debatable over power gains but as long as i dont lose much then its all good. Im happy with the subtle induction sound and the engine appears to rev more freely now so its happy days!
i opted for the black mamba because i like the idea of it all matching the carbon.
anyways hear are 2piccies:

viper001.gif

viper002.gif

i just need to sort out where/how to do the air feed, at the mo its just the oe pipe but any ideas are welcome! only thing is i dont wanna put it where the foggy is.

hopefully the polished inlet manifold will finish it off a treat

andy

Chocolate Bar™
looks stunning Andy, all that carbon looks great in real life, even more so than in the pictures :)

Last edited:
  VRS
its nice and loud when u floor it but not too bad when just driving around at low revs if you know wat i mean! i didnt want something that would be roaring away when im just driving round town

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
oh yeh thats what i meant, mines silent too, until any forse is put on it... 15mins to fit, Mine took well over an hour!!!

VRS
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
oh yeh thats what i meant, mines silent too, until any forse is put on it... 15mins to fit, Mine took well over an hour!!!

i already had the silicone elbow on with the oe airbox so it was just a straight unbolt old box, bolt on viper jobbie (remember tho i havent sorted out the air feed yet) got a feeling that will take a while and will involve a few grazed knuckles lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
makavelli said:
i already had the silicone elbow on with the oe airbox so it was just a straight unbolt old box, bolt on viper jobbie (remember tho i havent sorted out the air feed yet) got a feeling that will take a while and will involve a few grazed knuckles lol

is it secure tho...Coz as i found out when fitting mine, those hill power elbows arn't are stong as they look in the pics...There relatively soft! Mine mounted at the back OE mount and the feed acts as a support too...Actually it was bloody loud with out it.

VRS
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
is it secure tho...Coz as i found out when fitting mine, those hill power elbows arn't are stong as they look in the pics...There relatively soft! Mine mounted at the back OE mount and the feed acts as a support too...Actually it was bloody loud with out it.

it feels pretty secure with the clips and that bracket which came with the viper, i gave it a good shake and it seemed pretty secure! i suppose only time will tell lol.

'18 Megane dci
Looks good mate (they do sound nice don't they), my feed just sits under the vipers intake (not connected) and goes down to just behind, to the right of my front lower grill, not exactly forcing cold air up there but better than non at all. :D

VRS
i havnt done the feed yet but will do the same as dave cli02 and just have the feed go from the lower grill up to the viper, pointing at the viper rther than connecting to it

muz

big fat japanese bus
quick question, how do you fill up your oil ? Do you need to take the whole cover off?

Chocolate Bar™
Couldnt you get a stainless steel feed made up at powerflow like i'm having done Andy?? I'm having a samco red elbow coming off the viper, and then 63mm powerflow pipe work goin to where its fitted. I'll let you know how it goes anyway, wont get my elbow till mid feb tho :(

VRS
muzz said:
quick question, how do you fill up your oil ? Do you need to take the whole cover off?

if you undo the torx screws and slide the cover slightly then u can fill the oil up no probs :D

VRS
Middo said:
Couldnt you get a stainless steel feed made up at powerflow like i'm having done Andy?? I'm having a samco red elbow coming off the viper, and then 63mm powerflow pipe work goin to where its fitted. I'll let you know how it goes anyway, wont get my elbow till mid feb tho :(

wat sort of price are you talking with a custom feed tho mark?
remember im limited on space under the bonnet lol

Chocolate Bar™
thats the thing i was concerned about. i dont know if you could run a stainless tube down there. it isnt a vast amount of cash, ill ask when im getting mine done for ya :)