ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well my R27 is going..

I've been umming and arring over about getting rid of it. I put it up for sale briefly on here, nearly traded it for a Saab 93 aero convertible. But held back, that was until today.. Was looking at the local Renault dealership's website this morning on my teabreak at work and saw it.
Drove up there to take a look and done the deal this afternoon.

Oh yeh it's an 11 month old Deep Black Clio 200, with 6,500 on the clock. Options are Recaros, Cup pack, GT spoiler, tinted rear windows, Renaultsport mats and Renaultsport decals on the rear quarter near the wheels - however I'm not too sure about them and I'll probably get them removed. Minus point are the "amphasite" five spokes, but they may grow on me?

Now I've just got to get the KWs off my R27 before it goes. These should fit the 200, shouldn't they?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The KW's will fit. Good upgrade! You'll enjoy it, I think the wheels would looks great in glass black, the design really doesn't seem to suit anthracite for some reason.

"Was there much of a cost to change?

I know the R27's are holding there value."

I think people would like to think so and in reality they're more sort after, but the dealers don't pay much more over an equivalent specced 197. Luckily I got an amazing deal when I ordered my R27 three years ago.

Pointless change IMO but health to enjoy the new car. As long as you are happy that's all that's important. Enjoy.

Nice spec. The five spokes will grow on you, I was after a set of Speedlines when I bought mine but after a few months of ownership and seeing how many on here are spec'd with Speedlines, I'm quite happy with the standard wheels.

Mini Cooper S sport
Sounds mint!

You could always get the wheels refurbed in gloss black, then it would look a beast!

Turbo LY R27
Enjoy mate!! What KW's you got on out of curiosity? Think im one of the only people left thats still had one from new lol!

182 Trophy
Sounds nice mate hope you enjoy it. And tbh about the standard athracite five spokes, I dont think they are that bad at all. Personally Ive specced black speedlines but thats because i wanted them with the glacier white. But the standards are nowhere near as bad as some people on here make out.

Congrats :)

Enjoy mate!! What KW's you got on out of curiosity? Think im one of the only people left thats still had one from new lol!

I've got Variant 1 KWs on my R27. Think I might get the wheels done in gloss black then! Have to admit I have seen them in the flesh in gloss black on a black Megane 250, albeit 18" wheels and and it did look really good.

Cayman S Edition 1
Thank god you didn't go for the Saab!

200 is a great motor mate. Having had a 197 a couple of years back, its a great step forward bud. Enjoy it!!

Couldn't sell my R27 for love no monet, and neither can the dealer who took it off me. Its been on the forecourt for 3 months and its still there

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
nice colour ;) had mine for 7 months, hides the front end well, and yeh get the wheels in black, i had black ones on mine, look in my 200 progress thread to see one with black wheels, i also did black badges

Couldn't sell my R27 for love no monet, and neither can the dealer who took it off me. Its been on the forecourt for 3 months and its still there

funny you say that my local stealer has a bog spec 08 abi 14k with cup pack that they have had at least 8months now its down to 11k now
to make it worse the advert pictures taken feature alot of snow :lolup:

Last edited:
I dropped a line at steve@rsport seeing if he was interested in my R27 and he said he needed to sell his two LY R27s first. As for the Saab I was very close to doing a deal, but the trade in offered to me was too low and the car I really wanted had been sold the day before (it had a few Hirsch bits and remap on it) so the choice was another Aero with the horrible grey leather interior.

My new motor:

1b848214.jpg

Picked it up last Monday and the coilovers are getting fitted next Monday. Oh and the decals lasted about 24 hours.