ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well used 53 172 cup, 8295? good or bad?

Punto. Wahey.
Hello all,

There's a well used 40k '53 cup in an independent dealer near me at 8295. Parker's shows 9110, however that's for 20k miles, (and a "private good" is only 7795 by the same measurement)... It doesn't have the "172 cup" badges on the sides, either, and there's a scratch about 3 inches long on the right B pillar.

Basically what I'm asking is: is this a rip off if I can get him down a bit? Would I be better off seeking a cheaper, lower mileage '52 example, or by the same token looking at a 182 cup with its extra luxuries? 40k seems high mileage for such a new car, but this does indicate that they could have been mainly motorway miles.

Haven't been for a proper look/chat/drive yet, just wanted to know what people think about the price before I bother.

Cheers,

Ben

172, Tiguan
Bearing in mind the car is nearly 3 years old 40k isn't hugely high. I'd aim for as near to 7250 as you could get it as there are Cups on here in better condition going for about that.

cock mobile.
Bit expensive I reckon, but dealers always are, just depends where you are happy buying from.

Maybe negotiate some money off that, get warrenty thrown in, etc.

Punto. Wahey.
Cheers all, things is it's for my Dad's benefit so eBay isn't really an option, which is a shame. I wanna make sure he gets a good 'un though cos it's mine in a couple of years.Guess I'll just keep my eye on the local Renault dealerships :D

172 Cup
I got my Cup from a dealer in February, he was advertised at £7995, I got him down to £7500, that was mint excellent conidtion with climate control. :)

MINI JCW
Buy james cup, much cheaper, you know more about the history of the car and its has climate control so you dont get out of the car dripping in sweat in the summer!

James172Cup said:
I've been offered more than that as a trade in :\

What car was it traded in againt and how much were they wanting for the other car. I really can't see how a 53 Cup with 40k on it can be worth anywhere near £8300 when you see the prices of 182s.

Neil82cup said:
What car was it traded in againt and how much were they wanting for the other car. I really can't see how a 53 Cup with 40k on it can be worth anywhere near £8300 when you see the prices of 182s.

Ditto, i cant see it either. My CUP is a 52 on 46k, and i cant even seem to get £6500 for it! And its been advertised at just over that for the last 3 weeks in autotrader, and i havent had one single call!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Yep over 8k is too much. There is a 182 on 04 plate on pistonheads with only 7600 miles for 9k. That is a steal!!! Been there for over 40 days too. Black/gold.

2003 172 CUP
Far too much...Paid £7800 for my 53 cup last May, with 17k on the clock and climate fitted....and it is a minter

BMW Z4 3.0i
kullycliosport said:
pour quoi?
bought mine from the dealer ..........no probs ?:cool:

No probs, you're just throwing your money away. On a car as new as that there's not likely to be any dirty secret it's got hiding that a thorough look/test drive and hpi won't uncover. That's my thoughts anyway. I wouldn't buy from a dealer again.

Buying from a dealer guarantees you a roadworthy car, it doesn't guarantee the brakes or exhaust aren't gonna need changing or even the gearbox or clutch 13 months down the line.

172 Cup, Clio 197
I've just bought a mint 52 (december 02) with 28,000 miles, frsh, 12mths mot, 9 mths tax for £6795. However my cup badges are missing aswell, I think the kids must like em! Does anyone know where I can get replacement badges other than Renault?

MINI JCW
leekirlew said:
I've just bought a mint 52 (december 02) with 28,000 miles, frsh, 12mths mot, 9 mths tax for £6795. However my cup badges are missing aswell, I think the kids must like em! Does anyone know where I can get replacement badges other than Renault?

There some on ebay at the moment