ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Polish, Sealant and Wax for a Iceberg 172 ?

I'm after new Polish, Sealant and Wax for my Iceberg Silver 172.

What do you's guys think ?

I was using collinittes 476 and applied it about 4 or 5 times (this amount being as i'd sometimes top it up after a few washes).
It ran out just before xmas :(

Under that i have
Jeffs Trigger Acylic Sealant x4
AG Super Resin Polish x2
Before that it was clayed with the Megs Smooth Surface Clay Kit (About April time).

And the wheels are sealed with Poorboys wheel sealant

It gets washed with the two bucket method c/w Duragloss 901 Shampoo and the Karcher.

I use the odd bit of Snow Foam if required too :)

I'm open to recommendations.

I have tried P21's before and it was ok as is 476.
Is there anything else i can try thats just as good ?

I'm afraid this is the only good pics i have of the car with the following products above applied.

dicki.jpg

Dicki2.jpg

as long as its clayed, egp'd and got collinite on it whats your problem, it works ???

I was gonna keep using what i am but it just looks like its got not silver flake in it if that makes sense :S

And i wandered if there was anything else better that doesn't cost an arma nd a leg ;)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i have had two silver cars and 476 is the best, just get a better polish

200 Gordini
A better polish before that will upgrade your routine, don't get me wrong as SRP will do a good job but a better polish will get rid of your imperfections

i have had two silver cars and 476 is the best, just get a better polish

A better polish before that will upgrade your routine, don't get me wrong as SRP will do a good job but a better polish will get rid of your imperfections

And what is a better polish that can be used with jeffs acrylic sealant preferably ?

And my car has never been resprayed, i may have just muted the flake and colour a bit with loading on sealant etc :(
As it looks more moonstone blue than silver.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
If your doing it by hand then just use SRP, honestly with Silvers there isnt much of a diff to have. On my TItanium Vee, i spent 2 days working on it and it looked a little sharper. However Iceburg is a nicer colour, but SRP is arguably the best hand polish tbh.

If your doing it by hand then just use SRP, honestly with Silvers there isnt much of a diff to have. On my TItanium Vee, i spent 2 days working on it and it looked a little sharper. However Iceburg is a nicer colour, but SRP is arguably the best hand polish tbh.

Ok cheers Riz ;)

And yeah i forgot to say i have no access to a pc for polishing my car :(

So it'll have to be hand polishes ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
SRP , Body Shield Blitz Spray Sealant followed by 50/50 Connoisseur Paste Wax .

SRP applied with one of these applicators :

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/durtripad.htm

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/bodysh.htm

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/Carnauba_PASTE_WAX_Limited_Edition_5050_Paste_Wax_p/50.htm

The body blitz sealant really brings out the flake in the Arctic blue and it's so easy to use . The 50/50 while not being as durable as the collinite is easy on / off and lasts long enough if you wax your car once a month .

If you want durabity , go for Collinite 925 boat wax . Hell of alot easier to apply / remove than the 476 and lasts longer imo .

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
476 is easy to use, also for silver it is better than 50 50 , if you do want some more pizazz then try a glaze or a carnauba based sealant, I use the carnauba jeffs

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Pisch! 476 is like a rock! Loses depth...It's a lazy mans wax! Very durable.

Blitz seal esp on iceberg and either ONYX or Mystery.

^Pisch! 476 is like a rock! Loses depth...It's a lazy mans wax! Very durable.

Blitz seal esp on iceberg and either ONYX or Mystery.

Cheers, i'll have a look into those waxes.
Who sells them ?

And what about hand polish and sealant?

Have you any opinions on any bud ?

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
if i was you id lay these down

Clay - Chemical Guys pro polish - CG ez glaze - CG blitz - Dodo Juice White Diamond

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
lol at ali finding 476 hard, incredibly easy to apply,do you need mr smithers to help you with it

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
you lot are forgetting his car is silver ! nodepth to be had

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i use pb polish/cleaner, megs 7 glaze, ag egp and then swissvax onyx

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
well tbh last time i did the car i didnt use it so probably will just leave it out. cheers

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Mine was buggered after 30k! Then again the silver 172 was on 55k and it was spotless...

All Blow it over for you...Can on paint fae halfrauds...Job well done...

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive got blitz spray seal aswell will give it ago when its warmer

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Will the Blitz go on ok over the top of SRP? No bonding issues that would affect durablity etc?

Yep . Goes over the SRP no problem , also use as a top up over wax . Literally takes minutes to do a whole car . You won't find anything easier to use imo .

Cheers guys for your opinions i'll probably end up going for SRP, Blitz Seal and either Onyx or Mystery Wax.

But dunno where i'd get the Onyx or Mystery from :(

106 GTi
P21s looks good on silver but is not that durable. But over AJT that is not an issue.

Aside from Werksatt the only sealant that will look better on silver IMO is Zaino Z2.

I would stick with the process you have and replace the Collinite with Victoria Concours (looks nearly as good as Swisssvax Mystery 300 quid!!! and is only 17 quid!)