ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worst clio to wear an RS badge?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Big can of worms this one, but for me it would have to be the exclusive:eek:

alloys that no one wanted
average colour
leather in a mushroom crap colour

should really have been a winning formula, but not really.

Id say it was the runt of the litter

Megane 225 F1
But they didn't come with F1's. I agree. Even when clean, still doesn't look a nice colour.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Exclusive was a good car.

For me, the most pointless was the 182 Cup. None of the extras that a normal 182 had, but none of the weight saving the 172 Cup had.

Just a pointless edition imo.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Chic, you dissapoint me gunshow.

Scarab green on dark F1's is awesome :(

but the standard alloys are gammon. Id even say the mk2 172 alloys are pretty shite looking as well, 5 spokes and dated too f**k. Ok everything has a shelf life, but scarab green isnt that nice and the interior is barking.

Id go with daniel, 182 cup was a f**king joke as well.

so far its looking like

172 excl
182 cup

hmmm.

All we need is a shitey diesel version - oh wait....

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Exclusive was a good car.

For me, the most pointless was the 182 Cup. None of the extras that a normal 182 had, but none of the weight saving the 172 Cup had.

Just a pointless edition imo.
The 182cup was 2% lighter than the 182. The 200cup is 3% lighter than a 200. If that 1% makes 1 pointless and not the other..........well it's nonsense, isn't it? Neither of them are about true weight saving, they are about making it cheaper to get into an RS. The end!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not talking about the 200 you homo.

I'm saying the 172 cup was a proper effort. Genuinely made an effort to make it lighter. No aircon, thinner glass, different wheels, no ABS....

The 182 was a half arsed attempt. Aircon instead of Digi Climate?? Pointless. Completely pointless. And to look at it was identical unless you were a Cliosport.net geek.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Exactly. So if the 182cup was pointless, the 197cup and the 200cup are! Only difference being they actually look worse with the unpainted bits! And you got the cup spoiler/splitter thrown in with the 182cup, you get fack all with the mk3 cup's! You west country bumpkin!

I'd sling the Trophy in as pointless. Doesn't have the everlasting dampers of a standard 182. w**k.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Exactly. So if the 182cup was pointless, the 197cup and the 200cup are! Only difference being they actually look worse with the unpainted bits! And you got the cup spoiler/splitter thrown in with the 182cup, you get fack all with the mk3 cup's! You west country bumpkin!

I'd sling the Trophy in as pointless. Doesn't have the everlasting dampers of a standard 182. w**k.

I'm going to come back and argue with you tomorrow when i've not been drinking.

Four eyes.

172 Race Car
You're bald. Ergo your head looks like a thumb. Thumb-head.
7437.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pipe down you bunch of c**ts. And that includes you Jay!

The 182 was the worst 'edition' made by Renault. If you disagree, Lucifer himself will strike you down.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
hmm cups leading the charge.

still think the 182 one was lame, more a question of crappy marketing from renault.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
And obviously the 182cup had cup packs as standard. A standard 182 looks w**k without splitter spoiler and silver wheels. The exclusive is abit marmite so I'd say it really has to go to that. The gordini actually looks good without the stupid wheels.

Gordini 200. They took an already "ugly" car, made it uglier, made it no faster/better handling than a normal 200 and bumped the price up. Complete shat.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
looks like each bhp has its own darling:-

172 excl
182 cup
200 gordini

cant really argue with alot of whats been said in respect of the selection of the above.
The gordini especially is like something a kid in halfords with his dads credit card (ali?) would do

id say the ph2 172 " FF edition "

after the sharpness/rawness of the ph 1,
they followed up with overweight,middle of the road ph2,
compared to its ph1 younger brother and the agillity/rawness of the 172 cup

FF was a sort of disapointment/ step in wrong direction

id say the ph2 172 " FF edition "

after the sharpness/rawness of the ph 1,
they followed up with overweight,middle of the road ph2,
compared to its ph1 younger brother and the agillity/rawness of the 172 cup

FF was a sort of disapointment/ step in wrong direction
if you preferred ''rawness'' then the cup was available; a normal 172 was for those who preffered ''luxuries'' so to speak, i wouldnt say its pointless.

as for pointless...
http://www.worldcarfans.com/110020924479/renault-clio-20th-anniversary-special-edition-announced

it's all subjective and mainly dependant on what perspective you see it from.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
What about the Megane renaultsport diesel? Why has no1 brought that up yet?

Anything less than a Nimbus R27 is pointless, going by some people's logic in here.

Actual f**king PMSL at a 200Cup owner calling a 182Cup pointless. What exactly is the point of a 200Cup again?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Early 197's were pretty poor. Lifeless engine that gulps fuel as fast as a vee.
Non-cup packed 200 as well. Gay coty 2010.