ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Track/Fast Road car.

You don't need to aero catch ph2 bumpers. Just cut the brackets off! My bumper is held on just by where it clips on the wing, no bolts nothing and mines not catching and its pretty low

Cheers I'm gonna whack it up on axel stands at the weekend and have a play

It made the same noises at 2 places at brands hatch a few years back and I just assumed the carbon splitter was whacking the track, but when I sold the splitter last week it had no damage lol

Cut them off or bend upwards - not required. Just push the side clips in and thats it - may want to use the bottom two bolts on the floor pan part (i haven't).

Thats what I've done but I've got the two bolts holding the plastic gauard under the rad still.

Catches are only needed on the ph1 as the bumper holds on so badly

172 cup, Impreza P1
Think I'd just be too scared that at high speed with the splitter I'm using it might come off. :dead:

Think I'd just be too scared that at high speed with the splitter I'm using it might come off. :dead:

I would be! i was shitting myself with this abortion on mine
null-17.jpg

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Hi Phil

What size front spacers did you end up with? You got any pics with the camber? Assuming you're still running ET43?

Thanks!
​Rhys

What do you run? I sold my carbon one as I want to make something a bit better for downforce.

I would be! i was s**tting myself with this abortion on mine
null-17.jpg

Interesting... That would be quite cool if it fit a bit better.
What is it?

Hi Phil

What size front spacers did you end up with? You got any pics with the camber? Assuming you're still running ET43?

Thanks!
​Rhys

Yeah I'm running ET43 2118's
The spacers are 20mm FK bolt to hub ones, very nice. BUT because I'm running jamsport bells and AP rotors with my 4pot kit - I found out the bells are 5mm thicker than normal discs. So effectively act like a 5mm spacer already.
I had to get longer bolts as the ones with the FK kit were 5mm too short

So basically I'm running the equivalent of 25mm spacers on the front with -3 camber
On the rear whacked some 15mm spacers with an extra degree of camber behind the hubs - so -2.3 camber

I'll try and get some pics of it at the weekend when I get it out the garage again. It looks nice and mean though :D

Ahhhh nice! That's literally what I want to make - was hoping to design something that could bolt to the 2 bumper bolts at the bottom - or make it go the full way under the engine to replace the engine shield and bolt into those 4 riv nuts

You noticed much difference with it on track?

172 cup, Impreza P1
I use the front to 2 holes on the subframe to attach onto but didn't want it to go all the way back to aid cooling with fresh air under the sump.

I've only done 1 trackday with it and didnt do a back to back test but it did feel different through the higher speed corners.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Yeah I'm running ET43 2118's
The spacers are 20mm FK bolt to hub ones, very nice. BUT because I'm running jamsport bells and AP rotors with my 4pot kit - I found out the bells are 5mm thicker than normal discs. So effectively act like a 5mm spacer already.
I had to get longer bolts as the ones with the FK kit were 5mm too short

So basically I'm running the equivalent of 25mm spacers on the front with -3 camber
On the rear whacked some 15mm spacers with an extra degree of camber behind the hubs - so -2.3 camber

I'll try and get some pics of it at the weekend when I get it out the garage again. It looks nice and mean though :D

Excellent - thanks very much!

I'm going to go with 20mm spacers for the front and will adjust camber accordingly but for the rears I'm still not too sure. Will definitely go with 15mm, but can't decide on -1 or -2 (in addition to the standard, of course). I suppose that -2.5ish would be a good start for rear camber anyway.

Look forward to the pics. Thanks again

172 cup, Impreza P1
Course it will make a difference. The time attack guys love them but you need to adjust the tie rods to make sure its not giving you lift rather than down force.

DSCF2161.jpg

One showing how far under mine goes.

EastRenfrewshire-20120205-00074.jpg

Last edited:
Cupman that's awesome! Seeing pics like that give me bad ideas ha.

chip that splitter is solid, no play in it at all so it can only sit like that or not meet the line on the front bumper, would work on a ph1 though due to the bendy bumpers!

172 cup, Impreza P1
I wanted it to be 100mm deep at the front and taper to 50mm at the sides so measured out from the bumper making a series of dashes than joined them up. Then for under the subframe I went as far as I needed to reach the fixing holes and cut around the wheel arches for clearance.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Not yet but could do if you buy your own rods. Got a spare bit of material left over just lacking in time. :(

Cheers mate

I'm just really glad I battled through all the "I might sell this" nonsense - it's all come together all of a sudden in the last few months and I love it to bits now :D

Haha Nick - yeah it does roll a fair bit but that corner is seriously tight

Also in the famous words of Fred "roll isn't a bad thing" ;)

I love the KW's gotta be honest

I did copy your bumper mod yeah cos I got sick to death trying to find a decent set of cup air ducts - BUT not sure I like it IRL, it looks a bit rough :(
I'm thinking of trying some black mesh behind it to neaten it up a bit

Haha Nick - yeah it does roll a fair bit but that corner is seriously tight

Also in the famous words of Fred "roll isn't a bad thing" ;)

I love the KW's gotta be honest

I did copy your bumper mod yeah cos I got sick to death trying to find a decent set of cup air ducts - BUT not sure I like it IRL, it looks a bit rough :(
I'm thinking of trying some black mesh behind it to neaten it up a bit

Oh I agree on the roll! Tbh I don't know Cadwell well but yeah if its a tight right corner then it isn't that bad!

Bumper looks alright in the pictures, I used a small dremel on mine so looked neater. The Cup I have now has had it done by the previous owner and looks a bit rough also.

Don't be a tart, as long as it functions then leave it! ;)

P.S. You need to move the horns out of the way, bend the bracket a bit and mount it up the other way. ;)

Cheers mate

I'm just really glad I battled through all the "I might sell this" nonsense - it's all come together all of a sudden in the last few months and I love it to bits now :D

haha yes stick with it buddy you know it makes sense. Do you have any other track days planned? Would be good to pop along, esp if Cadwell, im hoping my car will be roadworthy next week