ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200bhp Clio coming on great!

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 12 April 2005

Its been on the ramp last week waiting for the right rack to turn up for the willy front end conversion.....so time to carry on.
take it hes opted for powers steering?? as the rack he has in can be used for willy track.. naturally with the trackrod ends wound out a bit more.

the rods were so seized on that it snapped the rack, hence a new one needed.

Just waiting for the final parts to arrive.

all looking ok now after the ball ache with the willy track, car now has willy track with GAZ coilovers, and PAS removed. Project should be done soon!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

good stuff matey! , got a date as to when you should have it back ?

Got a couple of dates penciled in, nothing for certain yet as the car still needs its suspension setting up after it has been mapped, and The Jesus needs to leave his car with Ben on the day i pick mine up to have it mapped. 3 weeks from now just to paly it safe.

This is the link for teh bodywork group buy mentioned before!

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=154406&PagePosition=1&showActive=2&ReturnPage=Activehttp://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=154406&PagePosition=1&showActive=2&ReturnPage=Active

ooh cant wait for this, even though its not my car this is certainly one of the most exciting projects on CS!

Cant wait to get me cams timed in too, still getting used to it as is, think the extra power will come in handy though, Ill need it for the drive back Clean!!!

more of an update.

Everything is finished, components wise. You wouldnt believe how much labour has gone into this stupid head (just kidding bud :p).

Even with smaller valves, it actually outflows a 172 head on bodies by a fairly large amount mid lift and pips it by 1cfm at peak lift of 0.480", and on the exhaust side it completly rapes the 182 all the way by a huge amount, and is better than the early 172 casting though mid lift, but gets beaten top end by 18 cfm.

All that work on short side velocities has paid off, so had the compound radii valve seats.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322115_168_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322115_169_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322115_170_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322115_171_full.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Jesus! How is that going to fit!

That must require a new bonnet surely?

very very tasty Ben. After going out in The Jesus car with your mild cams, i can not wait to see mine going.......

Awesome work mate.

oh believe me it fits, but its a bloody tight squeeze! the rad is uber p**n too

Ben, that looks stunning pal, bet your well pleased!!!

Mehdi, im sooooo jealous.... this is deffo worth some mag features!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Real money! lol

Gunner thats why i said region. Or what i could ask is - What would you charge the average joe for this kinda work?

youll have to PM Ben on that one! the car will be for sale at the end of summer though.......Fresh paint, Coilovered williams track, and 7ks worth of engine.......

FOR SALE!!!!

you b*****d.

Big valve project.......the heads just wont flow without the right work, and from what ive heard, hes not even addressed the issue.

2005 Nissan Navara

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 23 April 2005

FOR SALE!!!!

you b*****d.

Big valve project.......the heads just wont flow without the right work, and from what ive heard, hes not even addressed the issue.
What issue would that be then??

How would you know mate....youve never tried it, and besides, you dont know what i have/have not done...apart from my BRIEF mentionings

says the man who jacks engines up by the sump!

funny the oil pumps just gone on his car. another great bit of modding. lol.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 23 April 2005

youll have to PM Ben on that one! the car will be for sale at the end of summer though.......Fresh paint, Coilovered williams track, and 7ks worth of engine.......
:eek: Selling....surely youll lose loads of money on it? Id want to keep it forever if Id splashed the cash like you have....lookin good though!

Quote: Originally posted by stan* on 23 April 2005

FOR SALE!!!!

you b*****d.

How would you know mate....youve never tried it, and besides, you dont know what i have/have not done...apart from my BRIEF mentionings
Who in gods name said i was talking about you?

And since youve brought yourself into it, i assume youve finished all the port work since your already onto the cams and verniers no? As the only person ive spoken to about your engine, once, is chris.

This place is so friendly, i love it!

Lionel Richie

Looks awesome as per usual Ben!!!!

"The proof is in the pudding" as the saying goes

youll soon silence the doubters mate

guys, the car is not for sale, please stop the PMs! At the end of summer, i will have no use for it, so it will either go up for sale or in storage until next season! Ive not even got it back yet!

2005 Nissan Navara

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 24 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by stan* on 23 April 2005

FOR SALE!!!!

you b*****d.

Who in gods name said i was talking about you?

And since youve brought yourself into it, i assume youve finished all the port work since your already onto the cams and verniers no? As the only person ive spoken to about your engine, once, is chris.

This place is so friendly, i love it!
eh? that a bit of a large assumption. why would i only be able to buy pulleys when i finnish the head work? i havnt finnished the porting yet..i told u that, and thats wot i said in my progress report on retro-renault...and so wot? ive been busy. its not exactly crime of the century!

So just out of intrset, who were u talking bout then? who else do u know doing a big-valve F7R meggy engine?? especially a friend of Gibbos, at which point u started syaing "he" hasnt adressed issues.

SO, wot issues need addressing? and what makes you qualified to tell me that there are issues??

2005 Nissan Navara

A typical sensible reply to a typical cliosport thread. cant answer questions straight...deary me