ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ade's Renaultsport 182 Project (+boost)

Re: Ade's Renaultsport 182 Project

No update from Andy so my assumption is the fuel pressure regulator hasn't turned up today which will delay it. :(

If it has infact arrived today it should be going for mapping on Sunday so I should have it back Sunday evening.... but if i didn't have bad luck I'd have none at all so I'm doubtful!

In the meantime, to answer some questions that I've missed...

That would be awesome yes thanks!

Is it being done at dtm or somewhere closer? I think I remember preston being mentioned for mapping a turbo conversion while I was there?

It's at clioturbo.co.uk not far from Durham for the build and the mapping is taking place at EFI in Runcorn mate.

Subscribed :) you've really made this shine since owning it, looks spotless now. are you going forged? any details on what bits your having, turbo, ecu etc?

Thanks for the kind words - it's had a fair few pennies thrown at it! Not going forged though, no. I was going to go for the 280BHP figure but due to my high yearly mileage Andy deterred me from the idea. I thought about things sensibly and decided to go low boost with stock internals instead of being greedy. I found the car hilarious and quick to drive down county roads when it was N/A so another 100BHP would probably have ruined it in all fairness. If it makes 230 or above I'll be happy as a pig in s**te. Final spec should be something along the lines of:

Uprated Injectors
Uprated Fuel Pump
T28 Hybrid Turbo
Adaptronic 420D Standalone Engine Management System and Loom
Adaptronic Coilpack
Adaptronic 4 Bar MAP Sensor
‘Clioturbo.co.uk’ Custom Air Intake and Filter with black hoses/pipework
Turbo-Back Milltek Stainless Steel Exhaust System (Custom Downpipe)
Front Mounted Intercooler with black 2.25” Pipework
Vibratechnics Solid Engine & Gearbox Mounts
Uprated Dog Bone Mount
Helix organic clutch
Refurb'd JC5 gearbox

Andy's told me I can have a switch to change maps so that I can have a 'pops and bangs' like version on one and a normal on the other but I'm hoping to have a 'garage-mode' on one where it runs very little boost/power and a normal/full boost mode for when I'm at the wheel ;) I don't want the local indie garage having a turbo Clio to rag about so would be nice to be able to tame it to 200bhp or less. I could also use that in wintery weather to aid traction.

We'll see....

That was a nice read love specs and pictures looks like you have a nicely spec'd build, bet your proper itching to get it back. Was waiting for Andy to post a teaser pic .
love the idea of having a lower boost mode, that's something I'd like not sure if possible with the gen90. What does the coil pack look like, didn't know adaptronic did one.

That was a nice read love specs and pictures  looks like you have a nicely spec'd build, bet your proper itching to get it back. Was waiting for Andy to post a teaser pic .
love the idea of having a lower boost mode, that's something I'd like not sure if possible with the gen90. What does the coil pack look like, didn't know adaptronic did one.

I'm not sure if it can be done yet but that's what I would like ideally.

I think George182 has an Adaptronic coil pack so he could post a pic?

I had a clutch that slipped occasionally and a whining gearbox so I wanted to ensure I sorted those before strapping on a blower.... otherwise its only a recipe for disaster! Andy knew I wanted a reliable build and suggested accordingly. Also it is due it's aux belt in 10k so that's getting done also as its parts cost only whilst the engine is out.

Haha the things we do, I only went forged because I had an oil leak and noisy dephaser makes sense to get it bang on first time will save heavily on labour costs. Even 180bhp with 180 torque would be an improvement over standard for Eco mode.

Lovely e-mail from Andy this evening. Mapping is booked for Monday and he should be posting some photos in here tomorrow :)

All being well I should be collecting the car Monday or Tuesday. To say I'm excited would be a massive understatement!!

Ade's Renaultsport 182 Project

Andy's just text me. The car is mapped now.

225.8BHP &207ft/lbs torque.

I was hoping it would break the 230bhp mark but I'm sure it'll still be fairly lively!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member

It's like the countdown to Christmas just without the Advent Calender!!

Really missed the rawness of the car and with an extra 50BHP on tap it'll take some getting used to again!

What have you been driving while the clio has been away? I have just
got rid of my 1.0 turbo focus works motor, going between that and the clio has been pretty funny

What have you been driving while the clio has been away? I have just
got rid of my 1.0 turbo focus works motor, going between that and the clio has been pretty funny

Got a hire car to tide me over mate, a Hyundai i30 1.6CDTi. Really gutless thing so the Clio will pull like a train when it's back!

Evo 8 MR
It's taken way longer than expected, what's the holdup?

Good figures though what psi is it running at?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
That should feel like a rocket ship after rolling around in that then, it was great fun climbing back into mine after just a week in the focus each time.

The clutch takes some getting used to again though :dead:

It's taken way longer than expected, what's the holdup?

Good figures though what psi is it running at?

8psi or 0.5 bar mate.

That should feel like a rocket ship after rolling around in that then, it was great fun climbing back into mine after just a week in the focus each time.

The clutch takes some getting used to again though :dead:

Yea the clutch was a mare when I first bought mine. Not sure how this organic one will feel!

Did you have them before hand? And how are they to standard vibration wise? I have poly dog bone mount but standard engine and top gearbox mount, my down pipe/link pipe is knocking now though :( so need to so something about it.

Did you have them before hand? And how are they to standard vibration wise? I have poly dog bone mount but standard engine and top gearbox mount, my down pipe/link pipe is knocking now though :( so need to so something about it.

No buddy they were put in by Andy as part of the conversion. I wanted to make it a reliable and strong conversion hence the mounts and drivetrain parts.

ne3a5aqu.jpg

Andy teasing me haha! Collection on Saturday I can't wait!

This thread inspires me,

Good choices throughout!

Thanks mate!

It's a big outlay in all honesty. I was toying with getting a Focus ST but was concerned I'd possibly buy someone else's problems. This car has only wanted a thermostat, I'd had the belts done by Fred, so I knew it was a tidy reliable example so just decided I needed a little more power and some turbo noises!

Wow!

Car is very quick over 4,000 RPM and gets so much attention due to the flutter! Difficult to drive at first but once I got used to the normal Clio characteristics it was so much fun on boost!

Andy was recommended for his great work and he has delivered again!