ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adeys F4RT Twingo GT

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
ok so im going to slap it on a weigh bridge thing later on, what do we think it will come in at?

from standard it really only has the back seats out, an air bag and some lighter wheels but now has a heavier engine up front...

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks to go well in that video, what was the other car like power wise?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
What is the fuel reading saying?
Just under half a tank when weighed in, I should of filled it up straight after to figure out how much was in there but have only just thought about it.

On fuel usage, I've been kicking its head in, driving silly fast and its pretty decent. Last calculation put it at 29.7mpg.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just under half a tank when weighed in, I should of filled it up straight after to figure out how much was in there but have only just thought about it.

On fuel usage, I've been kicking its head in, driving silly fast and its pretty decent. Last calculation put it at 29.7mpg.
I was a bit late to the party for my guess 😂 That's not bad figures

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Defo, will drop you a message and see how you are sorted. Oh and return your tools :ROFLMAO: 🤦‍♂️

Couple of weeks (once I get the next race meeting out the way) and I should be good bud, forgot all about the tools lol, it's only the flaring tool isn't it 😂😂

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I think I'd already mentioned previously that I wanted to panel in the radiator just to maximise airflow through it and not around it. Quick bit of CAD then cut out of aluminium. Renault left a nice fixing I was able to use to hold it. Whilst the front was off I refitted the air scoop to the slam panel which grabs cold air and throws it over the radiator towards the air filter. Probably does diddly squat but every little helps 👍🏻

20210522_125943.jpg
20210522_131712(0).jpg
20210522_134401.jpg
20210522_134351.jpg
20210522_141714.jpg
20210522_135529.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So I've been looking at ways I can limit power in lower gears. 300lbft of torque by 2500rpm, a light car and 15s is pretty savage even at light throttle. My car was mapped with open loop boost control meaning (haven't tested it yet) I should be able to close off/block the standard electronic bleed valves air bleed and run actuator pressure. Which in this car is around 200bhp. I wanted this to be switchable, so I could have high power on demand.

A quick rummage through my spares and scraps found an old Denso electronic bleed valve from my old Impreza and a spare relay. I found a nice spot in the bay to throw it in and set about wiring it up. The only part I needed to figure was the switching. As I wasn't using the cruise control switches I opted to rewire them for this so that it was easy to use whilst driving, no need to remove my hand from the wheel. Out came the soldering iron to do some reworking of the pcb's and I ended up with the buttons working as a normal open/closed switch.

I've not driven on it yet but it all seems to work electronically. In this setup I should now be running low boost all the time unless the steering wheel switch is held. I will add a further switch that will bypass this so that I can have full power all the time. This should aid me at the traffic light gran prix, and in wet weather (y)

If this all works as planned ill get back in and tidy up all the wiring, free control of the power, I could of probably just bought a boost controller off eBay and ran it on the vent of the electronic bleed valve but where's the fun in that.

20210524_194816.jpg
20210524_190613.jpg
IMG-20210524-WA0015.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Clever!
What about connecting it to the cruise control and speed limiter switch too so you can have it on high boost without holding the button?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Clever!
What about connecting it to the cruise control and speed limiter switch too so you can have it on high boost without holding the button?
My car doesn't have one..... but it will do soon. That's the other switch I mentioned that ill add in the future (when I get down the scrap yard :D) my car wasn't pre wired for cruise control, I only have the buttons spare as I fitted the meg 250 steering wheel. There's a blank in the side panel so it will fit nicely and once flipped will give full power in all gears without the steering wheel buttons pressed (y)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
WOW, works so well on the road. Boost comes in at about 5psi increasing with revs to 8psi then when you want some more press the button and 17psi fires in giving you all the powerz...... :D gets off the line so much better. Need to try some dragy times now.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Such a cool idea! Glad it works! This thing will be a right little weapon on the road!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
The switch has made a world of difference, its actually still very spritely in low power mode. Trying to get some traffic light gran prix launches down and adding the power back in at about 4500 rpm in 2nd will still see them light up 😂 trying to find somewhere quiet to do some logs on dragy is an issue though. There are very few flat roads near me so most are coming back as unverified on it 🤦‍♂️ So far on the squirts to work the best I've gotten is 5.54 to 60mph, 13.66 quarter and highest terminal has been 106mph, not all that impressive and plenty or tire scrabble and traffic (oops) most impressed with the 60-100 times so far 5.25 seconds which is awesome for something I've built on the driveway.

To put that into context its close to things like the M2 competition and the 2015 M3 (5.1seconds), 2017 RS3 (5.3), 2018 TTRS (5.3), 2018 RS5 (5.3), 2012 Aston Martin DBS Carbon black (5.4) 2008 AMG CLK 63 Black (5.4), all come in around the same time. Things like the new Supra come in at 5.7 seconds, quite happy with that

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Lsd would sort that out no end, but prob hard to find to suit the box. Sounds like the box is handling the power ok too, jc5 would have went boom by now

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Lsd would sort that out no end, but prob hard to find to suit the box. Sounds like the box is handling the power ok too, jc5 would have went boom by now
So far so good, I've just gone past 1000miles on it all. I did find there was a diff available for the Twingo RS133 box, I'm sure its also a Jr5 type box. Might have to strip the spare old box (the one I smashed the selector on) I have here for a measure up.

I might just be lucky, I don't think they would of updated much strength wise between the Jc5 to the Jr5

Boosted Twingo RS133
what size intercooler did you use on this mate seems to fit perfect, on the lookout for one now but unsure of the size of my last one?