ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Armos Clio 172

04 Clio 172
Thought i would start a build thread on my new clio

This car may of been on here before, unsure?

Few bits done all ready inc:

K&N Intake
De-cat
BFT Remap with raised limiter
Koni Adjustables with eibach springs
Pro Race 1.2's wrapped in toyo T1R's
Cup roof spoiler

Future mods:

K-Tec super stealth or Scorpion cat back when decided on whether i want a tailpipe or not
Whiteline ARB
Sparco front and rear braces
Mocul Braided lines
Drilled and grooved discs
Performance pads
Either cams or Itb's, again undecided, need to read up
Carbon wrapped fog surrounds and possibly roof/spoiler

Couple of pics, cheers

P1000166.jpg

P1000167.jpg

04 Clio 172
Re: Armos Clio 172 ff

Thanks man, unsure tuning wise which way to go, if any

May just concentrate on handling and stopping as the engine seems to be a lot of money for not a lot of gain

coming from forced induction where a map alone gives you 40bhp im a bit shell shocked lol

BlackGold 182

haha same, i came from a fabia vrs were a remap took it from 130bhp to 177bhp lol

04 Clio 172

an ex vagger then eh, iv just come from a leon cupra where again a map took me from 180 to 220 lol, once the exhaust and intake where fitted it was banging on the door of 230, so 50 bhp for what around £500 haha itb's dont even give you that and are 4 times more expensive :(

But its power to weight im after so 200bhp and under a ton will be sweet

04 Clio 172

yeaaa exactly and it will be more fun in a clio i think!

Certainly will fella that why i went for it, vags are nice but very....erm....sensible dare i say lol

Looks smart, crying out for a splitter though!

Amen lol old school laguna splitter is what i am after, nice and deep with the little vents in the corners, yum :)

BlackGold 182
Haha yea sensible is defiantly the word to use lol only thing I miss was knowing everything won't just go wrong and all the faults lol

04 Clio 172
mine did go wrong lol, had a fair whack of milage on it at 115k but after id finished you couldnt tell, it had new clutch, cylinders, a million sensors, coilpacks, boost valve, but one thing i can say is, electrically it never went wrong, and it never broke down, good car all in all and a pleasure to drive. heres a pic

5861540048_82fc146a26_b-1.jpg

I will miss her, but its onward and upward mate! many plans for the clio and im enjoying being in something so chuckable again! Hope the french scene is as good as the vag as the shows and meets are something i really enjoy, met a load of great people and made some cool friends

04 Clio 172
Little update on whats planned:

Cars booked into my mapper at end of month to get the lambda mapped out so the eml goes off lol also hes gonna give a few of the over run pops and bangs, i know some people dont like this, but i do :rasp:

Then 3 weeks after that its booked into AAS in Newcastle for a custom cat back, AAS's work is second to non, the quality and fit of there systems are unreal, they have done many of my friends systems and my mates lupo gti has just had a custom mani and exhaust made for it, perfect and sounds fantastic. So i know the car is in good hands, for anyone in the newcastle area intrested in aas i will post pics and vids when its done ;)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
i remember when i had my 1st 182 and was looking at exhausts i kept on looking at a bg182 on youtube with a decattted aas exhaust. sounded lovely but wasnt prepared to travel!

04 Clio 172
yeah bit of a distance from essex like fella, dont think i would either haha. Iv been looking for a yozza but im getting this built on the car for £360 including solid poly hangers so its a no brainer after seeing the quality and sound that comes out of there. Just in a spin about what tailpipe to go for lol