ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
If they make BF4 anything like BF2 or BF2142, then any future marriage I may have will probably end up in divorce.

If they simply rehash BF3, then I may chuck a couple of hours into it and then be done. It's so difficult to explain to non-BF long-termers just how much of the franchise they broke (and there's no other word for it) with BF3.

Please DICE. You got it SO right all those years ago. f**k the consta-achievements. f**k the 'I need 22 new sight upgrades after completing a round of Metro'. Get the commo rose back. Get the commander view back. Get the squads back. You've been there and worn the t-shirt several times. We don't need a Siamese twin of fecking COD.

D.

Couldn't agree more. :)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I hope you can't, I was great at first but after a while it just becomes a massive pain in the arse. Knobs booting for no reason, no this weapon or that weapon, single map 500% servers.... No thanks.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was booted out of someone else's server and if it says no this no that, then I generally don't join the server, lol.

Edit: Thinking about it, I recall you booting the entire opposition team! Lol :clown:

Last edited:

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I honestly can't remember the last time I was booted out of someone else's server and if it says no this no that, then I generally don't join the server, lol.

Edit: Thinking about it, I recall you booting the entire opposition team! Lol :clown:

Yes, yes I did about 6+ months ago, then I realised what a shitty thing to do it was. You're the bootaholic these days. You know how much you love that ban option.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
You couldn't be more wrong, lol. I send a message saying no semi autos snipers, if they carry on using them then they get a kick. I haven't banned someone in game for a long time.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
You couldn't be more wrong, lol. I send a message saying no semi autos snipers, if they carry on using them then they get a kick. I haven't banned someone in game for a long time.

Lol go have a word with yourself, boot and ban are your two main options in that game.
Both need removing IMO it ruins the game because of trigger happy c***s.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I cant think of anything worse (gaming wise) than playing BF3/4/whatever on a console!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I wouldn't mind trying gaming on a PC but don't know anyone else that uses it.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I hope you can't, I was great at first but after a while it just becomes a massive pain in the arse. Knobs booting for no reason, no this weapon or that weapon, single map 500% servers.... No thanks.

I think the irony train just rolled in.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Having no semi automatic snipers in a close proximity map is hardly restricting a huge variety of weapons, old boy. In fact most people would prefer not to get sprayed by a semi auto sniper with a holo sight. It's the only rule of the server.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
That was my point though, lets get rid of private servers to get rid of single server rules and play the game how it was supposed to be played. Yes it's annoying at times but deal with it, or just do what i do and turn it off :cool:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Well if you look back to when the game first come out, everyone was pissed off at being nailed from the other side of the map by a USAS shotgun with frag, if you could have an option to play without being killed every time by that gun, would you not take up that option? Some servers are ridiculous for rules on what not to use though. I remember a Sienne server with the message "No C4,AT mines, SMAW/RPG/Javelin". So basically you're going to get pumped by the LAV.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
The USAS was a glitched gun and got patched before the private servers came out iirc. Private servers need getting rid of IMO, that will get rid of ANY rules not matter how large or small the rules are. Doesn't matter if its one gun, rules are s**t. It would also sort out all the pump servers on one/two/three map rotations.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I was just using it as an example, same goes for a spray sniper with a holo sight. I can't stand getting killed by one, so that is the 1 only rule. Now I don't get killed by it = happy Liam. Lol I'd be very surprised if the private server wasn't a feature in BF4 though, they make serious moolah from it I reckon.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
If they are to keep private servers, then why don't they do what Killzone 2 done when you set up a match? You have the chance to disable guns, so if you don't want people spamming with rockets, you just disable them. Makes it so much easier.

It does piss me off when I join one and get killed by the gun that is "banned"

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Good idea, in fact at this very minute I'm in a match where I have had to send 3 people messages, I mean it says in capital letters to not use a semi auto sniper and thats the first thing they do, lol.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I cant believe that they haven't already done it tbh. Then again,I think it was dropped from Killzone 3 (which turned out to be s**t IMO anyway)

Doubt they will do it though, although I would be nice (and maybe a nice patch on BF3)

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Can't wait to set up a 500% server :clown:

Lol, I think you may have to buy your own then. Scotty hates it, he hated in on the demo and he would ban the map being played on his server if he could.

I really cant see the point in banning weapons, it just like saying "Okay, i'm s**t against that so i'll ban it"

Last edited:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'll probably be renting a bf3 server when this one currently runs out.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I really cant see the point in banning weapons, it just like saying "Okay, i'm s**t against that so i'll ban it"

Its not though is it. People moan that their game gets ruined by people with rocket launchers, semi auto sniper rifles, SPAS12 etc. If they aren't in the game then there wouldn't be complaints or people getting kicked from games.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Lol how can you be s**t against a weapon? It's the fact that people use 'noob' ish guns/weapon combos for cheap kills, again going back to the semi-auto holo scope combo.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well Dice are giving people options to host games and they in turn make up rules that can only be enforced by the admin, so if there rule says no RPG (for example), its up to the admin to spot that someone is using that and warn/kick the player. If there is the option to not have that particular weapon in game then it makes it a bit easier for everyone.

I was only suggesting what had previously been done in Killzone 2. You dont want people spamming spawn points with RPG's? Turn them off. If you are hosting a server and trying to enforce rules, at least give the option to actually enforce them as apposed to some text in the description which people ignore.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Tbh, I think you're just trying to find something about the game to complain about because you don't like it anymore, lol.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Would you like a list? Lol! Read a few pages back at what Darren S wrote, pretty much sums up my feelings too. BFBC2 last night was spot on. Just a shame its not so busy anymore.