ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

AK

M240i
Battlefield 4 - Release Date: Autumn 2013

The genre-defining action blockbuster returns as Battlefield 4 blazes onto Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, delivering the trademark action and drama that you only get in a Battlefield game. Destroy and demolish the buildings that shield your enemies. Lead an assault from the back of a gunboat. Only in Battlefield can you do this and more. Only in Battlefield can you be... more.

Battlefield 4 ramps up the traditional Battlefield action to the next level thanks to the next-generation power and fidelity of the Frostbite 3 engine, ensuring that this is a visceral and dramatic experience that will impress even the most seasoned Battlefield veterans.

The immersive and character-driven single-player campaign sees you tasked with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and will push you to your limits as you and your squad struggle to return home against the odds. On top of this is the hallmark multiplayer that will continue to immerse you and your fellow players in the glorious chaos of all-out war.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I find it odd that next gen isn't being mentioned as a release platform, yet EA said it looks astonishing on PS4...

Trailer looks superb though. Like, wow. The building and environment destruction looks superb.

AK

M240i
I find it odd that next gen isn't being mentioned as a release platform, yet EA said it looks astonishing on PS4...

Trailer looks superb though. Like, wow. The building and environment destruction looks superb.

Yup. I'm not preordering on the old platform anyway. That's for sure.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If I get this on PS3, play it for a while then get it for PS4 I will have to start again on multiplayer :( Hmm.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Everytime I think that's it, not buying anymore games or paying for Live! Something changes my mind... like this.

I bet the single player is linear as hell but it looks stunning.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
abedemas.jpg

Titanium 182
That's different. We're on about going from Xbox 360 to next gen Xbox. Same platform.
How is it the same platform? Same gamertag yes, but the internal architecture of an Xbox 360 to Durango is as different as a 360 to PS3. I don't remember any games from the last generation carrying over stats to this one.

It'd be cool, but I'd be surprised.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'd be surprised too, but I said it was educated guessing as I'd also be surprised if Microsoft/Sony don't include this compatibility in their new systems.

Clio 172
The assumption is based on the fact on PC if you had played BF2, BF2142, BFBC2 etc then you got the accreditation in your BF3 account (dog tags etc). I would therefore see no reason why they wouldn't allow people who play on consoles to move their gamer tags and game accounts onto the latest consoles when released to show they played the old game. Its not like xbox live or sony's offering are going to stop they will just be updated for the new platforms when released.

I see they're carrying on with that annoying blue filter that washes out all the colours and the stupid sun effect.
Some of the graphics do look good. Though remains to be seen if they're just in the cut scenes. OR just BF3 with weather effects

And you can already see that tilted iron sight will be an unlock. Looks like its going to be even more unlock orientated than last time. Similar to COD, where the unlocks just got more and more ridiculous.

That gameplay just Looks like more of the same BF3 tbh with slightly upgraded graphics.
Though the very end with the carrier looks more interesting.

Last edited:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Looks decent, be good to see how big the mp maps are. Fingers crossed it'll not just be another bc/cod abortion.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's bound to look like BF3. What can they fundamentally change to make it look not at all similar? BF3 trailer looked like BC2 tbh. It's like folk complaining that fifa 13 looks just like fifa 12. You don't say?

17 minutes or so of scripted single player campaign is not worth making notes about. The game on a whole will be epic.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It's bound to look like BF3. What can they fundamentally change to make it look not at all similar? BF3 trailer looked like BC2 tbh. It's like folk complaining that fifa 13 looks just like fifa 12. You don't say?

17 minutes or so of scripted single player campaign is not worth making notes about. The game on a whole will be epic.

Yep.

Would be awesome if they allowed more players per game on multiplayer on the consoles. 12 a side is cool, but I can't help but feel left out when PC owners get huge numbers per team.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Lets hope for the sake of you console guys it looks as good as it does in that 17 min video for you!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Would be awesome if they allowed more players per game on multiplayer on the consoles. 12 a side is cool, but I can't help but feel left out when PC owners get huge numbers per team.

True. Wonder if it'll just be more tiny maps tailored to the lower player number limitations on the current gen consoles?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
True. Wonder if it'll just be more tiny maps tailored to the lower player number limitations on the current gen consoles?

If so certain members on here may go into cardiac arrest :quiet:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Video looks really good. I assume it was pc footage though. Wonder what the difference will be between that, the current gen and next gen consoles. And how well will frost bite 3 work on the current gen?