ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not trolling or anything but you never used to complain, then if you have a bad game, bf3 is s**t etc. Lol

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
But its not just one bad game is it, they are constant bad games. It's been s**t for months, its not a recent thing as you know. It's also not just my opinion, you are the only one left that sings it praises.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Because I don't have anything to complain about. Only criticism I have is the quality of the servers, connection wise. It's the same on FIFA (EA).

I was talking to Scotty the other night about bf3 and about how shotguns don't kill people. They clearly do, lol. I just can't find anything to moan about, it's the best FPS the current consoles have to offer. If you don't like it, then you're screwed. Lol

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
As said you're the only one left, all the rest of us bar one or two kick off/rage and quit. If we were all s**t it would be understandable but you, if anyone, knows were not. You just must have more luck than the rest of us. Can't see me turning it on again anytime in the near future.

Anyway enough b****cks, i'm done. Back to the original topic.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
You getting bf4? Will be interesting to see if they use the same engine. I think they will.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm hoping they do something with the revive action. As soon as you are revived and stand up there's a split second where he just stands there doing nothing. That's one thing I'll admit that annoys me.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
My latest gripe is the matching system, the last few months have been shocking. One s**t team one amazing team, guess which one we always get put on?

Screen Shot 2013-03-18 at 16.02.39.png

Thats two nights worth a week ago. Always end up on a team full of imbeciles.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Bf3 could of been a great game but its not because it has that many glitches/problems no matter if they had a patch once a week for its life it still wouldn't be fixed. Bf4 will be the same because I think the game itself is too big and detailed and the devs arnt capable of putting a game of its size together.

Remember when game developers actually made a game properly and once it was released that was it. Now they use us to fund there development and give us a patch once every six months for our trouble.

Its all just about how much money they make and not about a quality game anymore.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
The man speaketh the truth. I was talking about this while back, they would ever have released a game that wasn't ready years back. These days it's common practise, I have lost count of the amount of games we have bought where the mic's don't work on release.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
I agree to an extent, but games are infinitely more complex than they used to be.

With BF4 though I think it will be quite a conservative move from BF3, better graphics but gameplay very similar. I hope I am wrong but can see it being more mainstream - therefore undercutting the whole selling point of the franchise, being unashamedly deep and therefore rewarding. We don't want COD style insta-reward gameplay.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed Darren. But BF3 sold well and they will be forced to continue down this path I fear. I think I preferred Bad Company 2 to BF3 overall - just more fun. Totally put off that you can buy all the unlocks too, think this is more down to EA than Dice though.

BC2 was by far the best of their most recent'ish efforts - with Port Valdez and Atacama Desert being great examples of map design where both ranged and CQC were evident throughout the round. Unfortunately, you're 100% correct on the endless DLCs/perks/Premium Passes that are incorporated into games these days. I remember the glory days of BF2 where you might have managed to drop an enemy player and pickup his weapon that clearly he'd played 100+ hours than you in order to obtain. You instantly changed your playing style - this was a prized possession and no way were you going to squander it in some dumbass Rambo move!

Games like CounterStrike to me are extremely high in skill with a marginal bias on the weapon you are equipped with. Then you have the Battlefield series which use to provide (imo) a great 60:40 split on skill versus kit. Then you had COD which was easily 30:70 ratio. BF is sliding the wrong way and becoming a gaming pharmacy for FPS unlock junkies and achievement wh0res. I don't want ARMA difficulty or the ultra-realism of Red Orchestra in BF. Nor do I want to be able to open a can of whoop-ass on some newbie because I've decided to spunk a further £14.99 on the game and get unlocks galore - even without firing a single bullet.

I can't get negative about BF4 yet - simply because the damned thing doesn't exist. But going off the previous BF3 game and what we both see as a profit=yes, player=loose out mentality by the devs - I really do hope DICE take a few steps back. Hopefully. Maybe. Possibly.

I went on BF3 last night, it's been months since I was on it last. Downloaded end game and the maps seem decent. BF bad company 2 was loads better than this though, G3 used to be an amazing gun

Yep - I agree there. With the slight exception of having unlimited ammo on the vehicles and them being able to use smoke against those stupid tracer darts. Remove the darts, remove the smoke, make the vehicles rearm - would have made BC2 so much better. Oh now, wait. Isn't that EXACTLY what we had in BF2/BF2142? ;)

Yo, PC bods! We no care.

We do. Because our DNA makes us superior. We can't help it. We just are. We made the series our own and then some thumb-driven device was forced upon in the next release. Bloody luddites. :cool:

Herro ;)
Its f**king hard on PC, im used to CoD4 and I kinda have player skins..... So im used to that now

....yet far more rewarding as a result.

D.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, because modern games are a piece of cake to make these days... :banghead: LOL!

It p!$$es me off that the dev's get so much stick to be honest. You speak to pretty much any bona-fide developer and they will NOT be happy that the games they are working on are released in (arguably) incomplete states. Money controls all and the PUBLISHERS control the money (and deadlines). Dan is spot on; EA (and a lot of other publishers) are the problem here, not the guys who are literally working their b0ll0cks off in an attempt to realise a decent game; a game that actually (hopefully) performs well at retail and is also well-received. It's a sad reflection on the state of the games industry as a whole (and part of the reason I got out). The dev's work incredibly long and difficult hours, the move to next-gen requires a significant investment and upscaling in resource (hardware, software and - most importantly - creative and skilled people), the pay is very average (in terms of the work they are required to do), and any profits made (if at all) don't generally find their way back to the dev's who put in the effort. That's why we tend to see so many dev houses going under week-in, week-out. Dev's aren't lazy. Having done just this sort of thing for over 10 years I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever worked with such a hard-working community of people. A community of people who also typically get sweet FA when compared to folks in more mainstream jobs.

Rant over. :) And no disrespect intended to anyone.

Evo 5 RS
Bad Company 2 and BF3 are closely tied for me. Still need to try out some of the newer maps in BF Premium.

Some of the screenshots for BF4 look like they've been ripped from 3 though to me?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Bad Company 2 and BF3 are closely tied for me. Still need to try out some of the newer maps in BF Premium.

Some of the screenshots for BF4 look like they've been ripped from 3 though to me?

There are no screenshots for BF4 yet mate, I just linked the ones from BF3 in the main post because I was too excited.

Only a select few have seen BF4 in motion currently. 26/27th March will be the first reveal.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, because modern games are a piece of cake to make these days... :banghead: LOL!

It p!$$es me off that the dev's get so much stick to be honest. You speak to pretty much any bona-fide developer and they will NOT be happy that the games they are working on are released in (arguably) incomplete states. Money controls all and the PUBLISHERS control the money (and deadlines). Dan is spot on; EA (and a lot of other publishers) are the problem here, not the guys who are literally working their b0ll0cks off in an attempt to realise a decent game; a game that actually (hopefully) performs well at retail and is also well-received. It's a sad reflection on the state of the games industry as a whole (and part of the reason I got out). The dev's work incredibly long and difficult hours, the move to next-gen requires a significant investment and upscaling in resource (hardware, software and - most importantly - creative and skilled people), the pay is very average (in terms of the work they are required to do), and any profits made (if at all) don't generally find their way back to the dev's who put in the effort. That's why we tend to see so many dev houses going under week-in, week-out. Dev's aren't lazy. Having done just this sort of thing for over 10 years I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever worked with such a hard-working community of people. A community of people who also typically get sweet FA when compared to folks in more mainstream jobs.

Rant over. :) And no disrespect intended to anyone.

You're right of course (if you're referring to my post containing devs) - it's clearly the pressure passed on down from higher up - as with any business that gets the incomplete and flawed products out the door.

I should have worded that better! :)

D.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
^ No no no! You worded it fine D, and I wasn't having a go at you (or anyone for that matter!) :) After our numerous little chats and messages I know that you have a better understanding than most when it comes to the complexities of game development. To summarise, I wasn't targeting my rant towards anyone! :eek:

I just felt a rant building up and I felt this thread provided me with an opportunity to vent. Apologies for the interruption.

Evo 5 RS
Think this sums it up quite well.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/29/bioware-co-founder-warns-of-ea-bear-hug

Not to mention this too. http://business.financialpost.com/2...ost-hated-company-in-the-u-s/?__lsa=f3bb-7931

Another place to point fingers is obviously at both AMD and Nvidia who do like to release drivers every other week. It's difficult from going gold to hitting the shelves to make sure that current and newer drivers work well with the game in question. Then a lot of back and forth from two companies trying to resolve it...

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
Agreed Darren. But BF3 sold well and they will be forced to continue down this path I fear. I think I preferred Bad Company 2 to BF3 overall - just more fun. Totally put off that you can buy all the unlocks too, think this is more down to EA than Dice though.
I'm done with Battlefield. I loved 2 and both Bad Companies, but 3 just put me right off. The CoD-a-like pointless single player campaign, plus having to unlock everything for each vehicle/weapon made things massively unbalanced between new and experienced players.

Maybe I've just gone off online FPSes in general, as I couldn't be arsed with Halo 4 either...

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
Seriously need to get back into BF3 after putting a fair few hours into halo 4, I have a feeling I'm going to be spending the whole weekend downloading updates though.

These shots look amazing, properly looking forward to getting the new xbox. I just hope the HDD on the pov spec will be big enough to hold all of the inevitable updates...

if your worried about a HDD pop to blockbusters you can get a 60hg hdd headset n 3months gold for 20.09 in the closing down sale if its a slim xbox you got just take it out of the casing and it slots straight in SORTED

love bf3 and cant wait for bf4 heard rumors of it being ps4 only

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
That would be ghey if its ps4 only, can't see it tbh.

+1 £A love money far too much not to milk the current gen console market for every last penny.

With ps3 & 360 as lowest common denominator in terms of performance, bf4 will surely be another compromised bf3 clone?

Shame really.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Or subs maybe. Be nice to have a bit more of a fight on/in the water instead of just the Carrier as a spawn point and the Ribs.