ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Hardcore? What's that?

Oh that mode aimed at people who can't shoot properly ;)

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Does anyone know how to get the 360 controller to work 100% for this on the PC without xpadder?

Mito Sportiva 135
Holy cow just unlocked the DMRs. Epic!!!

Definitely going to be levelling that up tonight. Not much cop with an iron sight

The MOD II is the best one I've used - once you get a smooth rhythm going it's a total beast. I need to get some more unlocks on mine.

I've been sucking on the new maps though - even on Metro for some reason which I used to beast at. I'll put it down to being tired...great to have that map back though!

1.8 Civic EX
Just remembered I got China Rising code with the game when I bought it lol. Installed it last night but not had a go yet.

Managed to confuse the game somehow. I was looking at the Premium screens in the game menu (where you can download the packs etc) ended up on some sort of calander showing loads of battlepacks that the premium members have been getting. No idea what I pressed but ended up looking at my earned battlepacks (from leveling up etc) and all of a sudden there were three new ones a gold and two silver one of which contained a 200% boost :)

Getting better with the sniper rifles now too. Just takes practice to get used to the distances on different maps etc. Sniping a passenger/gunner out of a helicopter is most satisfying :)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
-Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
-Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
-Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
-Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
-Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
-Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
-Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
-Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
-Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
-Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations

996MB patch, nice to see they have fixed the 'grass physics' and left out actual flaws in the game. Not that surprised though. Still no added ranks, either.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Got an awesome 6 man C4 kill just then, shame the share function rarely works…

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Had a great few matches on this tonight, also loving the revamped second assault maps. Got a 35/14 on Lancang Dam. ACE 21 carbine in engineer class. Glitches seems to be gone :)

ysuzaqyb.jpg

White APE
Just discovered you can drive the mini diggers with someone on the back. Hold the trigger down and the bucket goes up and down.

Was great fun until I ran into an Abrams.

Mito Sportiva 135
I've only just played the China Rising maps even though I've had them since purchase, actually very good maps too!

Such a good game when it works well.

LY 182
Hello everyone, I have just ordered an Xbox One. Any ideas of the cheapest place to get BF4, other than eBay? Thanks!

Mito Sportiva 135
Heads up to members, Premium especially - shotgun (premium only) and grenades (everyone) kit unlocks available now via Battlefield store.

No DAO though so still going to unlock that myself.

Jet unlocks could be handy as they are awful for me at the moment, I never bother using them they're so feeble

Evo 5 RS
Second Assault.

Well, hmm. Not sure how I feel about re-hashed maps.

I'm terrible at this on PC now. Not sure if it's because I've not played it for awhile, or because I'm just old...but blah.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Good old shotgun megadeath. Need to unlock the Dao that was a beast!

It is indeed, only bad point is on BF4 the reload time is slightly longer, it wasn't exactly quick to reload in the first place! I normally use either that or SPAS 12 with buckshot - full choke. Just can't gel with the slug rounds on BF4, I was so used to them on BF3 though.

What shotty was that?

DAO-12, you need to unlock it via an assignment, can't remember which one.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good old shotgun megadeath. Need to unlock the Dao that was a beast!

I deplore auto shotguns in games like this! Even back in the days of BF2, the unlocked DAO for the engineer was always changed to the MP7 for me.

Granted, you get nailed from anything over 50ft away, but in close proximity maps, the auto-shottys are just too over-powered. Do you even really have to aim?!

D.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The slug rounds are still in the game yeah, but it's very hard to use them. You have to be a lot more precise with your aiming, compared to BF3. I use buckshot and full choke, so the spread from the round is narrowed down a lot, but not quite as narrow as slug rounds.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
That was it - was abused for comic effect in BF3 I remember loads of youtube vids.

BF4 is the only reason I turn on my Xbox now. My career on FIFA 14 wiped about 50 hours of play time and Forza is s**t / dull.

Mito Sportiva 135
I've created a new Platoon! For 360 members, it would be great to get a few guys from here to join. Diesel-Davis I invited you last night as I'm friends with you on Origin.

Add your name below and I'll add you on Origin - and once we get a few members hopefully have some competitive games against other Platoons.

Hoorah!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I've created a new Platoon! For 360 members, it would be great to get a few guys from here to join. Diesel-Davis I invited you last night as I'm friends with you on Origin.

Add your name below and I'll add you on Origin - and once we get a few members hopefully have some competitive games against other Platoons.

Hoorah!

How does one go about creating a platoon, pray tell.