ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I've gone from a 3:1 KD to a 0.1:1000000 KD.

Its all just bat s**t, vehicles are constantly occupied and not used well, and most people seem to rock with 1 shot kill weapons.

There's a bit more team work on show but thats it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I know what you mean. Teamwork is pretty none exsistant at times. I still like the game, shame we cant get bf3 of bc2 on the new consoles. I think id rarely play bf4 tbh.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I like BF4. I just think there shouldn't be this many upgrades on stuff. I've maxed the AA vehicle and I can have 4 types of missile none of which are better than the first, a million camo types and loads of other s**t. Just give me one good one.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I like BF4. I just think there shouldn't be this many upgrades on stuff. I've maxed the AA vehicle and I can have 4 types of missile none of which are better than the first, a million camo types and loads of other s**t. Just give me one good one.

One of the reasons I've always tended to stick to the RPG-7. No locking-on bullshit - just plan your launch angle, allow for gravity and fire away. No alerting the enemy that you're trying to lock-on to them or allow them to deploy countermeasures. It was really rewarding to get the angle just right over a long distance and seeing the vehicle explode, long after you'd fired. Iirc, because the firing pattern was purely manual - the RPG-7 was the most powerful AT rocket in the game.

It seems the sense of 'achievement' within the later BF games is focused purely upon the array of weapons and camo kits you have - rather than any form of playing cooperatively and getting the job done.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
One of the reasons I've always tended to stick to the RPG-7. No locking-on bullshit - just plan your launch angle, allow for gravity and fire away. No alerting the enemy that you're trying to lock-on to them or allow them to deploy countermeasures. It was really rewarding to get the angle just right over a long distance and seeing the vehicle explode, long after you'd fired. Iirc, because the firing pattern was purely manual - the RPG-7 was the most powerful AT rocket in the game.

It seems the sense of 'achievement' within the later BF games is focused purely upon the array of weapons and camo kits you have - rather than any form of playing cooperatively and getting the job done.
I like sitting in my AA though.
On the railway map I got it wedged in a building ruin. From there I took out nearly all the air support and any daft infantry that tried to come. Finishing 21:0 was awesome.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I like sitting in my AA though.
On the railway map I got it wedged in a building ruin. From there I took out nearly all the air support and any daft infantry that tried to come. Finishing 21:0 was awesome.
Sounds a bit like the Titan glitch in BF2142. In the early days, if the server allowed the Titan to be moved, there was a possibility of 'hiding' within the cargo on the rear deck.

It involved a bit of luck and skill, but you crouched into a corner and allowed the Titan to 'slide' underneath you. As you did, the non-movable crates came closer and closer to you - until eventually you ended up inside the crates. These crates were totally indestructible and if you equipped the class with the ammo pack - you sat in there and fired out to your hearts content. Also, the cargo hold was one of the key battle zones aboard a Titan, so there was definite chance you'd get a silly number of kills. Iirc - planting RDX explosives on the crate created enough splash damage to kill the occupants - but the issue was getting near it in the first place.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yeah I paid £20 for it.

More s**t games last night. Really enjoyed the newbie servers. These are just mega gang f***s with rocket launchers, snipers and shot guns.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm getting back into this on PS4 if with almost a year off the console. Had a go couple days ago and got into it quit well.

Be onto it tomorrow if any of you want to join in?

PSN LordGedi

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
For those who are on the PS4. I'm renting a server for a month. If any of you want to look it'll be a SWET server

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Im setting it up now, I'd like to play the caspian border and other old maps and small carrier assault that aren't on much servers. Want to do some dlc assignments which is hard finding a server at the minute

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'll be on around from 19:00, I'll try and get the SWET server going see if anyone joins in, Had it going today but had or or two people in it then left as no one was joining. if there's a few of us people might join in. If not try some mixed maps tonight. Me and Stu had some great games last night lol Stu went for 21-1 with about 19 kill streak and i went for 21-4 just camping on the roof on one of the China Rising maps i think really enjoyed that one Propoganda IIRC just owning. It's not our style as i got no patience for standing around.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Had some great games last night with Stu and his mate Kev. Still like the original maps and really don't play much on the newer map packs if i were to choose i'd go for the China's map pack or what ever it is. Be on soon for another beasting, I'm tryign to do the Phantom assignments as i want the Phantom camo :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
This is so much better than blops 3!

I've only got the standard game, no add ons or anything, should I buy any?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm starting to get some people to a squad now, if some people on here join in and we can get a SWET on on my own server. It's only available for another 2 to 3 weeks. The ACE 52 is such an awesome gun. Quit a lot if games I can get 3:1 K/D ratio or more on some. All the map packs you have DLC assignments to keep you busy on unlocks I'm starting to get this done but takes ages but it will destroy your K/D ratio and skill level. I think I shouldn't of bothered getting the premium like

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm starting to get some people to a squad now, if some people on here join in and we can get a SWET on on my own server. It's only available for another 2 to 3 weeks. The ACE 52 is such an awesome gun. Quit a lot if games I can get 3:1 K/D ratio or more on some. All the map packs you have DLC assignments to keep you busy on unlocks I'm starting to get this done but takes ages but it will destroy your K/D ratio and skill level. I think I shouldn't of bothered getting the premium like

I'll try to get on in the next week or so. Been ridiculously busy with work the past month.

Captain_crowe if you want to add me mark.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'll try to get on in the next week or so. Been ridiculously busy with work the past month.

Captain_crowe if you want to add me mark.
Yeah no bother, i'm not sure if i already added you, i recognise your ID years ago. If not i'll add you again.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just wasted £20 on the rented server, nee one was joking it. The most I had on it is 2 people.

Almost there to getting the Phantom camo just need 130 more pistol likes and 12 jet kills.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm doing quit well , ranked 133 another 7 and I've reached the max off 140. I've used quit a few guns but I have yo say again the ACE52 is a beast,there's quit a lot of recoil but it takes a while to get use to it. Hip fire is a must on it too.

I should record a few games and get them on YouTube and post on here, only thing is it'll be a 20 or so minute video

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm trying to go onto this but can't get online or access my info on the game, is EA down or something? Even trying to get onto some settings on the Ps4 is guard too.

Anyone else having problems ?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I remember of BF2142 the good old days. When playing conquest, we practically always left the opposing team to capture their closest flag so you knew where they were spawning from. Say they were 4 flags and you had 3 captured you'd leave their flag. There was no need to capture theirs cos it's the furthest away plus it will leave your other flags vulnerable to getting captured. Concentrate on your closest flags or what ever. You'll get more points that away.

Impreza & Clio 172
Bought BF4 over the weekend having always bought the Cod series but this is brilliant fun, kids got lego jurrasic park for them and i get to play war when there in bed happy days.