ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I need to get back into this, out of the BF1 or BF4. BF4 is getting on a bit but the guns and maps are best

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
This game broke, I think sooo.

Played it as there is an update for bf1.
Something doesn't add up with how many bullets it takes for someone to die. Last game guy on there team went 60-0, had admin in his name. Really sad of people do hack the game as I used to love it :(

I still play on Xbox a couple of times a week with my pal. We don't really encounter any issues with hacking etc.

Still a great game!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
This game broke, I think sooo.

Played it as there is an update for bf1.
Something doesn't add up with how many bullets it takes for someone to die. Last game guy on there team went 60-0, had admin in his name. Really sad of people do hack the game as I used to love it 😧

I had a quick blast the other night for the same reason.

We got absolutely fucked on domination but everyone on the opposite team were in a clan which was also hosting the game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
After the recent format of the PC, I've spent what seemed to be a considerable amount of time in getting BF1 and BF4 back downloaded.

I tried BF1 (again) and my interest waned after about 20 minutes. I just hope the next BF game doesn't follow the same model as this.

Quite keen in getting back into BF4. I actively played it when it was just the vanilla game, but bought the season pass a while back when it was in the sale. So aside from receiving about 62 Battlepacks for zero effort - I haven't really a clue as to what to expect from the expansions. I just know that I'll get pwned to begin with!

It's nice to have all the bells and whistles on @ 1440 this time around too.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
BF4 is still my favourite of them all. It doesn't even really feel dated
I know what you mean. I fired up the Test Range to make sure I had my sensitivity and keys mapped correctly and it 'felt' right. Scoping up was slick and direct - and best of all - I could select the weapons using the mouse scroll wheel.

My god DICE. Who would have EVER thought that would fall out of favour - you know, what with every other BF game supporting that feature until..... What was that? Oh yes - BF1.

Tards. The Master Race does not concede to pads where FPSs are concerned. Learn from your mistake fools and do not repeat that in the next instalment.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
What's the platoons all about then?

Just came back o this after 3 months of not playing it
It's like clans I think. Just means if you are all playing together then you can join the same squad? Possibly go against other platoons in matches.
Might be wrong as I've not used it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Anyone still play this?. Been on Fortnite for months, wanted to get back into bf1 but the disc has gone awol. Thankfully this game was a download :)

Anyone still play it?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I
Anyone still play this?. Been on Fortnite for months, wanted to get back into bf1 but the disc has gone awol. Thankfully this game was a download :)

Anyone still play it?
I should do - but I’ve got so many others to go at too!

I tend to prefer the large, open scale maps where vehicles are important. Unfortunately, the majority just want to go after kill scores on maps that are about the size of a back yard.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Anyone still playing this? Been doing the campaign's on BF1, BF5 and this BF4 and managed to get all Platinum's. Been a couple years since been on BF4 and yes it's getting on but i think it is still a fantastic game. I'm still a little rusty even tohugh played a few hours on it and my muscle memory needs more practice and my attach helocopter needs more practice.

I've got a few videos recorded of the PS itself and need some editing software and i know ShareFactory is on the PS as an app but is there any free where i can edit on my pc if i transfer the file via USB? Back in the day i used software but i can't remember what it was called, think it was when i recorded MW2 back on the PS3

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Here is some clips from BF4 that i made on PlayStation's onboard editing software ShareFactory. I'm still rusty on the game and editing.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've only been back on this game on on muliplayer about a week or so and still feel rusty. It is a great game. I've had to re do all my settings and i think the sensitivity is around 85%. I've gotten a couple other videos mainly in the tank and LAV which i enjoy using still, no where near as good as i use to be in the Attack Helo.

I've noticed that the recording is in only 720p, i'm not sure if it's down to the PS4 Slim I'm borrowing at the minute or it's down the the editing stage. I think it's down to the PS as my PS4 Pro was in 1080p when i was uploading videos to YouTube.

Had a go on BF1 on multiplayer today first time well over a year ago, i think i'll be on that tomorrow again.

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've noticed quit a lot of new players on BF4 and a few on BF1. I think quit a few more players use more of the self guided rocket launchers that the engineer has rather than using the RPG.

Been playing with one or two people that one of the lads on here knows from the the rented server. When i been playing quit a lot of the times i try and join their squad or they try and join mine and then all of a sudden they change teams. Or a few from the chat are on the other team, If it was me get all the people you know on your squad or team. I think it spoils the fun and not the same.

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The PS4 was 720. Maybe it's just the pro that's 1080?
The 5 is 1080 but it's bloody slow clipping the videos.

I'd love to get on BF3 again. Preferred that to 4,5? Or 1.

Edit. 1 is free on the 5 now so that might explain the ruck of new players @Geddes

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah that might explain the new players on BF1, yeah forgot about that about the PS5.

I should of kept the Pro like instead of selling it a while back.

BF4 is really good but the movement of the player is different compared to BF1 and BF5. I like the guns in BF4 and how the physics on the rounds like bullet drop and leading the target with the snipers and the other weapens really awesome. Haven't played 5 for a while too as been on GT Sport for a long time.

If any of you want to squad up on BF4 or more so on BF1 let me know on the PlayStation.

Some times i can't be bothered and have spells making the videos but at the minute i've been doing them.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Never really got into the early ones. Bf4 and 1 I played loads.
For me, BF2142 was the pinnacle - though that was a PC exclusive.

They got the balance of progression, skill and lack of three million pointless trinkets just right. BF2 was also up there for me, but I don’t think I’ve played a demo version of a game to death, like I did with the original BF1942.

I’ve tried with the later BFs online - I really have. But the games feel broken and in a way I can’t really convey properly. It’s like they are all glossy veneers of a format without any real substance hidden beneath.

The last BF game that I pumped online time into was Bad Company 2. Since then, each iteration to me has been poor. I buy and play them for the SP campaigns and then get rid. BF1 online for example was shockingly terrible. Almost like a studios first attempt at a FPS - not one expected of an industry veteran like DICE.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
From what i remeber i don't think i had any issues with the game. I got bored of it really as i played ALOT of it including Dragon Valley, got bored of being at the top of the leader board too, think i played about 1400 hours or there abouts. Noticed Fiftyseven or something was on so i joined and half full server on Dragon Valley and i got a little bored and those who use self guided launchers just gets me. Just roughly aim near target and walk away and it'll hit the target,

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Downloaded this yesterday along with the expansion packs. Man I used to just love operation metro.

Also, does anyone remember the first time this happened? It felt like the most amazing thing to ever happen in a console shooter at the time.

780DB79E-B9F6-460D-9F47-BEB9B98D94BB.jpeg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Was Metro on BF3? Then did they bring it back to 4? I can't remember which I tried again a few years back and it was just constant on Metro but all of the action was in the one area, at the tunnel close to the open green space.
I think anyway.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Was Metro on BF3? Then did they bring it back to 4? I can't remember which I tried again a few years back and it was just constant on Metro but all of the action was in the one area, at the tunnel close to the open green space.
I think anyway.
Yeah BF3 then again on BF4 with a few added tunnels/doorways.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
For me, BF2142 was the pinnacle - though that was a PC exclusive.

They got the balance of progression, skill and lack of three million pointless trinkets just right. BF2 was also up there for me, but I don’t think I’ve played a demo version of a game to death, like I did with the original BF1942.

I’ve tried with the later BFs online - I really have. But the games feel broken and in a way I can’t really convey properly. It’s like they are all glossy veneers of a format without any real substance hidden beneath.

The last BF game that I pumped online time into was Bad Company 2. Since then, each iteration to me has been poor. I buy and play them for the SP campaigns and then get rid. BF1 online for example was shockingly terrible. Almost like a studios first attempt at a FPS - not one expected of an industry veteran like DICE.
Agree with you on 2142 and BC2