ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've installed the Beta now and says You have lost the connection to EA servers. Online features will be unavailable. Do they come active shortly or is something wrong?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm playing it now, the controls are way different to BF3. Need getting use too. Seems quit good like

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Fancy a bash now geddes?

Going to experiment with claymores/c4.....might set some outside the lift doors :rasp:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Aye i'll have a pop on, i'm not a fan at the minute with the controls like

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It's only crouch and spot that's changed isn't it, and entering/exiting a vehicle?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
yeah sounds about right, i prefer the accelerator to be the R2 rather than the left joystick for movement. Prefer BF3 movement, good idea on the D-Pad on the extra equipment i can get use to that.

Why when you get it in the tank the up is down and down is up so annoying when you get in the passenger seat as the gunner down is down as it should be. Read on the EA forum loads and loads of people complained bring back the control setting of BF3

Theyve tweeked the parachute seems more controlable turning much much better. I like it when your on top of the building you can feel it starting to give way and tremble, gives you time to jump of it before you die lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Not too bad on 360. It's graphically limited and you can see as much - lot of pop up and very basic scenery at times.

Quite enjoyed it though. Looking forward to the next gen version.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
saDxDh9.png

AK

M240i
You're not comparing like for like there. One has 10 bullets in the clip and the other 8.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, as AK says, it is that bad. Seriously. It's still playable and enjoyable, but they seem to have released it with all graphical effects reduced or non-existent. Why they've done this I don't know, but it's certainly nothing like the full game that we've seen on videos running on the same consoles.

AK

M240i
For some dollar? It's a beta version that was released free? I'm 99% the final version on 360 won't look like that..

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It definitely won't look like that. The videos from E3 and the latest gaming events have shown the game running on latest consoles looking far better.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
For some dollar? It's a beta version that was released free? I'm 99% the final version on 360 won't look like that..

Yet another reason why I stay clear of betas. Unless I signed up for testing, that is.

I just don't see the point in playing something that's incomplete.

D.

FF 182
Plays more like a alpha for me. Lag, stuttering, weird inexplicable deaths, crashes, freezing, the list goes on really.

I'll wait till the final version is released and see whats what.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I've downloaded the beta since yday, I prefer the 'feel' of the game to BF3. Really like how you can change the scenery. I was a little shocked with the graphics looking no where near to the videos earlier in this thread. But I'm not going to worry about it as its a beta. Looking forward to getting the full PS4 version :) will be epic

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Need to try this on my PC. Xbox version is just like running round a boring blank map.

Nissan 350z
^ Same. Going to leave it downloading on Origin overnight to compare it to the 360 version. 5GB'ish on PC compared with 3GB on the 360...

Nissan 350z
Well I had a right mare getting the PC version to work, it initially kept crashing when joining a server.
I ended up deleting and redownloading, repairing the install, ran Origin+BF4 as Admin nothing seemed to work until I installed the latest beta drivers for my Nvidia card which sorted it.

Deffinately prefer the PC version, far less texture pop-in so on that basis I'll be picking it up for PC.

Evo 5 RS
Sargara I was getting problems with older drivers too.

Think I'll be playing hardcore this time round. Normal mode seemed to work pretty well in BF3...doesn't appear to be that great in 4. They may of even increased the damage count.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
^ Always play hardcore, in Normal it's just whoever has the highest fire rate wins every bloody time, just a shame armored kill maps never come about in Hardcore, why they thought it was good to have people sponge HE tank shells going of their face is beyond me.

And hopefully this time they have a new consultant in on vehicle dynamics, TANKS DO NOT BOUNCE ffs.
The Beta was bit of waste of time imo, but I'm sure it will be much better when released, although do not like the idea of firing one shot and reloading you lose the WHOOOOLE mag, LMG's will be fucked.

Nissan 350z
I thought it was an interesting addition that tanks have to generate ammo, you cant just sit there and spam at long range otherwise you soon end up waiting for the reload.

I found the Sniper rifle almost impossible to level up. Useless at medium/long range with how accurate all automatic weapons seem to be and when used at Long range you finally land a hit and they absorb it and run off grrr. Ended up killing more people with the pistol than i did the Rifle.

Obliteration was a nice addition and made the game more dynamic however I thought it was far too easy for the bomb carrier to jump into a helicoptor and disappear to an undeffended cap with everyone else playing catch up. There should be a penality to transporting the bomb carrier IMO.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Sniping was always hard outside of COD games, I just Used the Xbow with BA bolts in the end, no drop at all was pretty sweet and nearly always an Instakill and you don't show on radar with it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Month for me to go on Next Gen. But for CG...

Battlefield 4 has a mandatory 2GB install on Xbox 360, and over 12GB of additional installations should you wish to use them. DICE recommends doing them, however.

In an update posted on the EA Blog, DICE confirmed the mandatory 2GB install and added that Battlefield 4′s first disc houses the multiplayer, and offers an optional 6.6 GB of content, while the second campaign disc holds 5.8 GB of content.

You can choose to run these off the disc, but the blog continues, “We highly recommend performing these additional installations to make sure you have the best experience possible in Battlefield 4.”

Better start clearing your hard drive space if you want the best experience folks.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
You Need to play it more, be more sweaty at it, start by sitting in corners, using tubs to start with to get the decent gear on it, and more revives for points.

1.8 Civic EX
Had a couple of goes on the Beta on the 360 now. Quite enjoying it tbh. Like the sniper rifle range finder/adjustment. Makes life much easier in my mind as I was always a bit crap at aiming above someone to account for bullet drop. Although must remember when running about to set it back to 0m. Had it on 800m, some bloke right in front of me, crosshair bang on his head, pulled the trigger and the bullet soard miles above him oops!

Got a couple of counter kills with the knife too. That is amusing. Matey come up swings his knife, grab it, turn it around and stick it in his chest :)

Not sure I like the new vehicle controls though. Keep getting in and just sit their bashing the horn trying to make the damn thing move. :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I thought it was an interesting addition that tanks have to generate ammo, you cant just sit there and spam at long range otherwise you soon end up waiting for the reload.

I found the Sniper rifle almost impossible to level up. Useless at medium/long range with how accurate all automatic weapons seem to be and when used at Long range you finally land a hit and they absorb it and run off grrr. Ended up killing more people with the pistol than i did the Rifle.

Obliteration was a nice addition and made the game more dynamic however I thought it was far too easy for the bomb carrier to jump into a helicoptor and disappear to an undeffended cap with everyone else playing catch up. There should be a penality to transporting the bomb carrier IMO.

Have you more detail on that, m8? BF3 was god-awful for the unlimited ammo stupidity of the vehicles.

D.

Nissan 350z
They have a reserve of 4 shells at their disposal and once you shoot the first one it triggers a reload timer progress bar, when the bar reaches complete a shell respawns to be used. What it means is if you sit and spam you will be waiting on the reload timer before too long leaving you undeffended if an enemy tank turns up. You can shoot roughly 2 shells in the time it takes to reload 1. Machine guns have the same heat limiter to prevent spamming.

I havent tried the helicopters but I imagine this has been applied to all vehicles.