ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Megane r26
Time for a wash!
6u8a4ahe.jpg

Got two for you do here, can't be arsed to venture outside haha

FOR SALE:

I'm selling my Gripper diff which comes with a 13/60 Crown wheel and pinion final drive. New from gripper they cost £1572. Mine has done 4 hours use so like new. Only for sale as I had a casing crack and I then found a replacement box. Was going to hold onto this one as a spare but I am really happy with the new box and can't be holding £1k+ spares.

Price is £1250 delivered so a great saving on buying from Gripper :)

Also for sale is the shorter 33/37 5th gear which I'm wanting £85 delivered for :) I won't sell the 5th gear until the diff has sold as if it doesn't sell I'll be building it into my spare box.

Thanks
James

FOR SALE:

I'm selling my Gripper diff which comes with a 13/60 Crown wheel and pinion final drive. New from gripper they cost £1572. Mine has done 4 hours use so like new. Only for sale as I had a casing crack and I then found a replacement box. Was going to hold onto this one as a spare but I am really happy with the new box and can't be holding £1k+ spares.

No no no no no no no dont do it to me no no no no

Helen and I are both off this week so I've been roped into diy and decorating, bain of my life haha
Haha you love it really ;)
Dibs on the 5th gear James please mate
No worries Dave :)
Sorry mate yes now i'm on my laptop the quality is rubbish :(
No no no no no no no dont do it to me no no no no
Do it, do it, do it ;) lol
I am interesting in this shorter 5th as soon as my one is 31/39! :p
Okay mate once the diff is sold if Dave doesn't take it i'll let you know :)

WRX
I'm not knocking the quality mate, I grew up with b&w slides lol. I just found it funny and could imagine you hacking away.

Clio 172
With two more trackdays coming up this year for the car (Cadwell on Sunday and Croft the following Thursday) i've been trying to put my finger on where I can improve the car moving forwards. The main issue i've had this year has been the brakes, most of the time they have been amazing but occasionally not so. I've ordered some new pad types today so i'm going to try a few more options over those 2 days.

Other than that i've got a long list of other area's to improve the car but I don't see much point going mad with the car performing so well. I'm going to be fitting the Pure Motorsport adjustable top mounts when they are finished which will be good to get more caster and then I'm in 2 minds whether to build an engine for the car or not. Maybe just a mild'ish build :) Don't want to do too much if i'm not racing it next year

I know of one for sale....

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I have to cut down, it's costing me a fortune in batteries, and I don't have the time to drive them all :((

Wow packing and getting the car ready for trackdays is soooo much easier than for a race weekend! All packed and loaded in about 20 mins this afternoon :) Cadwell tomorrow which will be good!

Asked Chris at CMComposites for a last minute set of brake ducts as trying to give the brakes some lower temps which might allow me to run pads which normally get too hot but otherwise offer better modulation. Will see how I get on tomorrow. Only took about 10 mins to fit them and really happy with the fit and finish compared to the horror stories i've heard of the cup racer ducts. Big thanks to Chris for sorting me out so quickly with them :)

file_zps1c9e11e1.jpg

file_zps05c7f6f3.jpg

file_zpse11453a8.jpg

All washed!

file_zpsb8e9ed50.jpg

file_zpsa3211522.jpg

Intercom fitted for the passengers

file_zpse45ef47c.jpg

All ready

file_zpsbf8e78f1.jpg