ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
My daughter now thinks she's been bad as she heard me say Santa has been to someone today.

Haha thanks guys it will be pretty good hopefully :)

p**n!

Edit - seeing your car with a tax disc would in some small way make me cry but then I bet it would be amazing around those roundabouts of MK
It's only ever going to do Le Mans and back buddy I have no interest in using it on the roads other than that :) it's too bumpy, lumpy and horrid although I'm not taking it over there with the proper engine and dog box just a waste of wear
Nice one James and a merry Christmas to you, Santa has been nice. Can I suggest plan 3, hold onto the kit until later next year and sell it to me ;)

That ramp angle is nuts to look at. Am I right that the only maching that needs done is a passage for the rocker shaft? nothing needs doing to the follower buckets, cam cover etc?
Thanks Morgan likewise :)

Haha we will have to see how quick I am at getting the bits required to build it up ;)

Yes very different cams to look at compared to my 421's lol

Correct it's been suggested I do it with a router haha

Sweet baby Jesus
That's how I'm feeling at the moment! Kid in a sweet shop lol
James what spec is the current lump internally?
As Chip says std rods and crank but then Supertech 13.2:1 high comp pistons knocked down with Megane head gasket to 12.3, ARP rod bolts, 421 cams non VVT with vernier pulleys that's about it really :)
9k rpm.. holy s**t
I will s**t myself the first time I rev it above 8k I imagine lol

My daughter now thinks she's been bad as she heard me say Santa has been to someone today.
Ohhhh I'm just extra special my Santa is called DPD ;)

Sorry not been much of interest happening on the thread but things are still developing with the car. At the moment i’m just trying to learn as much as possible about the engine and how much of a task its going to achieve the figures i’m looking for.

Other than the engine the other work planned consists of:

• PMS shifter
  • Lightweight flywheel and 7 1/4 AP clutch
  • Rebuilt AST's
  • New front discs and slight modification to the mounting bracket
  • Brake servo removal and replaced with bias adjustable pedal box (Will be selling these in a few months once its all finally made and tested, its a very simple bolt on solution)
  • PMS adjustable top mounts to be fitted (When its completed)
  • PMS rear stub axle and larger bearing kit (When its completed)
  • Refitting the Gripper straight cut dog box as they have redesigned the crown wheel and pinion to eliminate any future issues
  • Strain relieved gear stick for full throttle gearshift's
  • CMComposites fibreglass bonnet

Jobs for the course of the year:

• Further development of the suspension with modified ARB’s F+R
  • Gearbox cooler
  • Increase the sensor package to allow more data (Brake pressure, steering angle etc)

The timescale for the engine is about 12 months so its a slow burner project but will be worth it in the end :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What are you doing different with the front Disks? I thought they worked superbly when I was on it, especially at Spa.

Just replacing the rotors as they are in need of changing and then mounting the callipers slightly closer to the centreline of the wheel as the current position the pad isn’t fully on the disc (I swapped to a larger pad)

172 Track Car
Ok I won't lie as it is very cool, the finger followers look nice, is that DLC coating on them? Lot of money to spend on a Clio!

Lotus Elise
Sorry not been much of interest happening on the thread but things are still developing with the car. At the moment i’m just trying to learn as much as possible about the engine and how much of a task its going to achieve the figures i’m looking for.

Other than the engine the other work planned consists of:

• PMS shifter
  • Lightweight flywheel and 7 1/4 AP clutch
  • Rebuilt AST's
  • New front discs and slight modification to the mounting bracket
  • Brake servo removal and replaced with bias adjustable pedal box (Will be selling these in a few months once its all finally made and tested, its a very simple bolt on solution)
  • PMS adjustable top mounts to be fitted (When its completed)
  • PMS rear stub axle and larger bearing kit (When its completed)
  • Refitting the Gripper straight cut dog box as they have redesigned the crown wheel and pinion to eliminate any future issues
  • Strain relieved gear stick for full throttle gearshift's
  • CMComposites fibreglass bonnet

Jobs for the course of the year:

• Further development of the suspension with modified ARB’s F+R
  • Gearbox cooler
  • Increase the sensor package to allow more data (Brake pressure, steering angle etc)

The timescale for the engine is about 12 months so its a slow burner project but will be worth it in the end :)

Yes yes yes!!!!

Good to see you the other day buddy.

Looks nifty, bigger components than I'm used to dealing with
What do you normally do? :)
Are you competing this year then?
No mate as I said back end of last year will keep developing the car but unless I'm renting the car out or have a second driver then the car won't be raced 2014. I plan on doing plenty of trackdays and want to do a lot of European tracks. Just get plenty of seat time and enjoyment from the car. Also I find developing the car equally as enjoyable as racing/using it :)
Yes yes yes!!!!

Good to see you the other day buddy.
Haha yes will be good although taken a lot of electronics to make it work for an H-pattern box as most of them are designed for up/down sequentials

Likewise mate we will have to meet up in MK sometime for a drink :)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
What do you normally do? :)

No mate as I said back end of last year will keep developing the car but unless I'm renting the car out or have a second driver then the car won't be raced 2014. I plan on doing plenty of trackdays and want to do a lot of European tracks. Just get plenty of seat time and enjoyment from the car. Also I find developing the car equally as enjoyable as racing/using it :)

Haha yes will be good although taken a lot of electronics to make it work for an H-pattern box as most of them are designed for up/down sequentials

Likewise mate we will have to meet up in MK sometime for a drink :)

You can develop mine if you like ;)
photo2-2_zps612e1a11.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
So are you working with Will now James? Be interesting to see some of the stuff use come up with as Will has always thought out the box a bit with some of his ideas.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So are you working with Will now James? Be interesting to see some of the stuff use come up with as Will has always thought out the box a bit with some of his ideas.

Hes moved away now, he's a Milton Keynes boy now so too far to carry on working with will.

Sorry not sure how I missed replying to this Neil, As Chip says though no longer living up North so had to leave Wills. I now like in Milton Keynes as the other half got a job done here.

Just got a phone call from Gripper the dog box is fixed and ready to go :) I’m heading back up North tomorrow and collecting it and then putting the car back together on Thursday. I can’t wait to drive the car again it feels ages and also been very odd not been within 200 miles of the car to tinker with it! I think i’m going to be doing Bedford on the 15th Feb so not too long to wait until I can drive it again

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'll be at Bedford with Sunglasses_Ron, his tracking his 182 for the 1st time.

I saw a quick flash of your car at CSS, hope you're journey to Bedford is better than it was to CSS. :)

clio cup
Looks like I may be joining you on the 15th James,

The throttle bodies and ECU are put on hold while the other parties sort themselves out so may as well get some suspension set up time, otherwise I'll be pushing to be ready for Rockingham

Coming on nicely.
See you at Bedford no doubt :)
Yeah man :) will be good!
Why aren't you trailering it yourself?
Long story lol! I'm going to be over a hundred miles away from the car the night before so would be a bit hectic trying to get to the car and then tow it to Bedford.
Looks like I may be joining you on the 15th James,

The throttle bodies and ECU are put on hold while the other parties sort themselves out so may as well get some suspension set up time, otherwise I'll be pushing to be ready for Rockingham
Great stuff Dave :)

Ahh okay, did the AST's turn up then?