ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Lionel Richie
Chip he's basically building a BTCC clio, i think it might be a bit quicker! I still stand by a 230bhp clio will keep up with a 300bhp turbo round oulton ney bother

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip he's basically building a BTCC clio, i think it might be a bit quicker! I still stand by a 230bhp clio will keep up with a 300bhp turbo round oulton ney bother

So you think if he goes sequential, and does a laptime N/A, and then he turbos it (with that now being the only difference) that it will get NO faster?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just bring your turbo car to Oulton Park!

Are you genuinely under the impression that james, suspension and cage and huge weightloss and better brakes and all his other modifications have made no difference at all to his laptimes so comparing it against a roadcar is a sensible way to compare engines effects on a laptime, or are you just avoiding answering the question by trolling and pretending you think comparing a race car to a road car is a fair way to compare just one aspect of the car?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm not on about James FFS!!! I give up, just bring your boost bus to Oulton and we'll see how you go!

So you changed the subject randomly?

I was asking you if you think James car with a turbo and sequential box will be quicker than with N/A and a sequential box in the same car, and then you randomly start chatting about someone differents road/trackday car instead complete with interior and radio etc?

Willl be taking my turbo to Oulton the first chance I get when its back out next year anyway mate, dont need you to nag me to do that! Its a circuit I would love to do in it, and cadwell is another, I like circuits with a lot of gradient change which is why I love the ring so much but sadly I cant insure it for there, so cadwell and oulton will have to do instead. Im not expecting my road car to compete with racecar laptimes at either place though despite its power advantage, as circuit speed is so greatly effected by corner speeds and my road car doesnt match a racecar in that respect of course.

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
James, donington tin tops is only 3 weeks away and it's going to be a grudge match between us and the Collins Clio for the Class B win..... another fast Clio in the mix would make it doubly interesting!!! You know you're tempted.

stop c**king about and just go do cliocup
Clio Cup isn’t going to cost what i’m thinking of spending and also i’m not really a suitable build or quality of driver to do it justice as much as I would love to do it I can’t afford it!
Plans sound mental James, yawn to the other s**t in this thread.
Thanks Nick as I said last night nothings set in stone but it’s looking a strong contender :)
James, donington tin tops is only 3 weeks away and it's going to be a grudge match between us and the Collins Clio for the Class B win..... another fast Clio in the mix would make it doubly interesting!!! You know you're tempted.
Tempted doesn’t come close buddy and on my favourite circuit too but I’ve had a Nurburging trip booked all year with some friends that I can’t change! You guys doing Oulton?

Lionel Richie
James you'll never learn....... Example

I only meant to spend £12.93 at tesco, but a lorry rocks up outside yours with 14 tv's, 3 kettles, and 300 packs of andrex

You not seen Cartman in cliocup?

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
Tempted doesn’t come close buddy and on my favourite circuit too but I’ve had a Nurburging trip booked all year with some friends that I can’t change! You guys doing Oulton?

Yeh, we're planning on all the remaining rounds of Tin Tops and then hopefully the Birkett relay to finish the year off.

A power to weight based series does perfectly suit the more generously appointed gentleman it has to be said!
Yes most definitely :)
Interesting plans James, I bet it'll fly.

So...what's happening with the Catcams 423 etc. ;)

Not for sale still thinking about building it and getting some use from it in the meantime and then might sell the complete engine on with the dogbox.
Tricolore at Oulton and Snetterton.
Good boy, you know it makes sense!
Yes it's looking likely but I want to do CSCC Oulton and 2 oultons in 3 weeks is a lot.

Yeh, we're planning on all the remaining rounds of Tin Tops and then hopefully the Birkett relay to finish the year off.
Great stuff :)

Had a last minute track evening last night at Brands Hatch so thought I would put some miles on the Clio :) was a busy evening but the car ran really well and felt quick! Last session had the headlights on and was having a slight issue with EPAS which I've never had before so will look at the data to see if the alternator couldn't cope but I've got a feeling the motor is on the way out. I spanner checked the car ready for Oulton so it's all done but I will buy a spare motor and ECU for the EPAS as I can't seem to find the spare I had. If I have any issues at Oulton I can just swap it over.

Only got a video from the first session which was tootling round then the card was full but will try and load it up.

Race licence came through so need to book some races now :)

Good to see you again matey. Thanks for the passenger laps.

As I said, I was shocked at how fast that thing is!! Plus you can seriously pedal it ;) It just feels on another level. You could have told me it had 400 bhp and I would have believed you.

My old man didn't know I was in with you, but when I came back to my garage he said, "s**t did you see that orange and grey Clio going around, nothing could touch it" LOL

Oh and watching you, kind of saved me time by not waiting around for tuition :)

Good to see you again matey. Thanks for the passenger laps.

As I said, I was shocked at how fast that thing is!! Plus you can seriously pedal it ;) It just feels on another level. You could have told me it had 400 bhp and I would have believed you.

My old man didn't know I was in with you, but when I came back to my garage he said, "s**t did you see that orange and grey Clio going around, nothing could touch it" LOL

Oh and watching you, kind of saved me time by not waiting around for tuition :)
No worries buddy was good to see you and the car!

Haha thank you, it doesn’t have 400bhp yet gimme a few months ;) only got 208bhp atm!

Renaultsport day at Oulton tomorrow in the Clio :)

Should be a great day!

Nothing ready yet and got a long drive but heading up tonight so best get on with loading up soon!

If anyone wants a few laps just come and jump in :)

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Sorry I haven't got back to you about the heat shield mate hope you have it all sorted. If not let us know and I'll bring it along tomorrow. Been so busy the last couple of weeks.

Will you be still using that head I did for you on the turbo engine?
Yes that is the plan Andrew :)
I think in the near future the car is going to undergo some big changes, Firstly I would like to swap to sequential box and if I do that then the things I can race in don’t ban turbo engines so the thoughts at the moment are to build an F4R turbo engine capable of running 450bhp ish reliably and then peg it down at about 350-375bhp to suit the power to weight classes of what I might then race in. Would be going for a Sadev ST82-17 adjustable diff box complete with Geartronics paddle shift kit and wiring the car onto a Motec M400 and PDM30 i’ve already got! Plans are to go adjustable subframe/wishbone setup, blade ARB’s, modify/change dampers and run 15”x 8” rims with full slicks/race wets. Also got a quick refuel kit sat here along with airjacks so lets just say the car is probably turning enduro racer in the not so distant future which will be exciting :) I get so much enjoyment from the development of the car as well as driving it.

The reason for the change is because I bought the Lotus to fill a "I want big power" slot in my head but I don’t have time to build, maintain and run 2 track cars and i’m too far into the Clio to stop and I really do love it so i’m thinking to get some more power and toys in the Clio. Not 100% yet as still a chance I might finish the Lotus and leave the Clio as is but I don’t really fit in the Lotus very well so probably wasn’t the most suitable purchase on my behalf lol!

The potential things i’m thinking of competing it in are Britcar Production cup, A few of the European endurance races and maybe do some Time Attack

For now though going to leave the car as is for the rest of the season and get a few races in :)

Turbo engine?
See above which is a post I did a month or so back :)

Was at Oulton the other day for the Renaultsport trackday which was a good laugh, The car ran really well and was nice to take a few passengers out in the car and have a catch up with some people I’ve not seen for a while. Then set off to the Nurburgring but sadly didn’t bring the clio with me. Just a few days away and rented another fabulous Swift from Rent4Ring. Sat in the hotel now and heading back tomorrow.

Sent of an email to TARC today to enter the Cadwell and Oulton race weekend with the Tricolore trophy. Cadwell is on the 20th September and Oulton the 4th October. Looking forward to racing at Cadwell and thankfully I’ve got Apex Motorsport Logistics helping me with the car for the weekend so should be a good laugh and hopefully get a decent result :) Got a few jobs to do to the car before the race weekend but nothing major hopefully just giving it a proper checkover and some geo changes.

Nice one, see you at Oulton then mate.

I think I might try and do a trackday before or maybe a do the test session on the Friday. I have never driven Oulton before - apart from 15mins doing my ARDS there.

Still 50/50 whether I'm gonna do the autumn trophy at snet, just think its really late in year for the weather to be decent + its miles from me.
Russ

If it helps Russ, I did a Silverstone race in Nov last year and the day was as clear as you'd want - just the OAT down a bit so tyre pressures all over the place - felt warm enough but tyre temps said otherwise.